[Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

[Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Romaine Wiki-2
Hi all,

Great news!

Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial use.

Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored on
Commons.

But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
updated on that.)

Article in the news in Dutch:
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852

In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
Wikipedia.

With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a priority
for us.

Thanks all for the support!

Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!

Greetings from Belgium,
Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Asaf Bartov-2
Fantastic news!  Kudos to Dimi and everyone else who worked hard to promote
this. :)

   A.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Romaine Wiki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Great news!
>
> Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> use.
>
> Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored on
> Commons.
>
> But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> updated on that.)
>

> Article in the news in Dutch:
> http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
>

> In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
> from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
> with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
> Wikipedia.
>
> With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a
> priority for us.
>
> Thanks all for the support!
>
> Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
>
> Greetings from Belgium,
> Romaine

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

attolippip
WOW, wonderful news indeed!

Best regards,
antanana / Nataliia Tymkiv
Wikimedia Ukraine

> Hi all,
>
> Great news!
>
> Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> use.
>
> Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored on
> Commons.
>
> But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> updated on that.)
>

> Article in the news in Dutch:
> http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
>

> In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
> from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
> with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
> Wikipedia.
>
> With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a priority
> for us.
>
> Thanks all for the support!
>
> Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
>
> Greetings from Belgium,
> Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Ryan Kaldari-2
Congratulations! I can't wait to see next year's Wiki Loves Monuments
calendar from Belgium!

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fantastic news!  Kudos to Dimi and everyone else who worked hard to
> promote this. :)
>
>    A.
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Romaine Wiki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Great news!
>>
>> Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
>> A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
>> use.
>>
>> Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored
>> on Commons.
>>
>> But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
>> later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
>> updated on that.)
>>

>> Article in the news in Dutch:
>> http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
>>

>> In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
>> from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
>> with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
>> Wikipedia.
>>
>> With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a
>> priority for us.
>>
>> Thanks all for the support!
>>
>> Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
>>
>> Greetings from Belgium,
>> Romaine

>     Asaf Bartov
>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>

> https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Amir E. Aharoni
So can an image of Atomium be finally posted to Commons? :)
בתאריך 17 ביוני 2016 02:39,‏ "Romaine Wiki" <[hidden email]> כתב:

> Hi all,
>
> Great news!
>
> Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> use.
>
> Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored on
> Commons.
>
> But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> updated on that.)
>

> Article in the news in Dutch:
> http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
>

> In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
> from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
> with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
> Wikipedia.
>
> With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a priority
> for us.
>
> Thanks all for the support!
>
> Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
>
> Greetings from Belgium,
> Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Michael Jahn-3
*joins the chorus* Congrats! A good day.
Am 17.06.2016 01:39 schrieb "Romaine Wiki" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> Great news!
>
> Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> use.
>
> Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored on
> Commons.
>
> But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> updated on that.)
>

> Article in the news in Dutch:
> http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
>

> In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
> from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
> with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
> Wikipedia.
>
> With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a priority
> for us.
>
> Thanks all for the support!
>
> Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
>
> Greetings from Belgium,
> Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Redon Skikuli
Great news guys. We are thinking of startin a campaign in Albania about
this. Are there any materials or a proposed strategy we could follow? Thank
you.
---
Redon Skikuli
Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group.
On Jun 17, 2016 09:34, "Michael Jahn" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> *joins the chorus* Congrats! A good day.
> Am 17.06.2016 01:39 schrieb "Romaine Wiki" <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Great news!
> >
> > Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> > A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> > use.
> >
> > Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored
> on
> > Commons.
> >
> > But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> > later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> > updated on that.)
> >

> > Article in the news in Dutch:
> > http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
> >

> > In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
> > from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
> > with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
> > Wikipedia.
> >
> > With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a
> priority
> > for us.
> >
> > Thanks all for the support!
> >
> > Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
> >
> > Greetings from Belgium,
> > Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Shani Evenstein
Wonderful news! Congrats!
On 17 Jun 2016 02:38, "Romaine Wiki" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Great news!
>
> Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> use.
>
> Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored on
> Commons.
>
> But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> updated on that.)
>

> Article in the news in Dutch:
> http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
>

> In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
> from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
> with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
> Wikipedia.
>
> With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a priority
> for us.
>
> Thanks all for the support!
>
> Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
>
> Greetings from Belgium,
> Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Omar David Sandoval Sida-2
Good news, congratulations!
El 17/06/2016 9:54 a.m., "Shani" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Wonderful news! Congrats!
> On 17 Jun 2016 02:38, "Romaine Wiki" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Great news!
> >
> > Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> > A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> > use.
> >
> > Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored
> on
> > Commons.
> >
> > But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> > later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> > updated on that.)
> >

> > Article in the news in Dutch:
> > http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
> >

> > In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year, we
> > from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and communicated
> > with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means for
> > Wikipedia.
> >
> > With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a
> priority
> > for us.
> >
> > Thanks all for the support!
> >
> > Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
> >
> > Greetings from Belgium,
> > Romaine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Tanweer Morshed
Great news indeed! Thanks to the people who worked to promote FoP.

On Friday, June 17, 2016, Omar David Sandoval Sida <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Good news, congratulations!
> El 17/06/2016 9:54 a.m., "Shani" <[hidden email] <javascript:;>>
> escribió:
>
> > Wonderful news! Congrats!
> > On 17 Jun 2016 02:38, "Romaine Wiki" <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Great news!
> > >
> > > Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
> > > A mayority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
> > > use.
> > >
> > > Soon images of artworks and modern buildings in Belgium can be restored
> > on
> > > Commons.
> > >
> > > But first the law needs to be published in the Staatsblad, and ten days
> > > later it will be official, but that is just a formality. (Will keep you
> > > updated on that.)
> > >

> > > Article in the news in Dutch:
> > > http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
> > >

> > > In the past weeks, as well as since the campaign in Europe last year,
> we
> > > from Wikimedia Belgium have worked hard on this subject and
> communicated
> > > with the members of the parliament informing what this subject means
> for
> > > Wikipedia.
> > >
> > > With the founding of Wikimedia Belgium in 2014, this subject was a
> > priority
> > > for us.
> > >
> > > Thanks all for the support!
> > >
> > > Let's get this implemented elsewhere too!
> > >
> > > Greetings from Belgium,
> > > Romaine

Tanweer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

jmh649
Hopefully this is just a start and the rest of Europe will follow Belgium's
lead.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Great news indeed! Thanks to the people who worked to promote FoP.
>
> On Friday, June 17, 2016, Omar David Sandoval Sida <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Good news, congratulations!
> > El 17/06/2016 9:54 a.m., "Shani" <[hidden email] <javascript:;>>
> > escribió:
> >
> > > Wonderful news! Congrats!

> commercial

> restored
> > > on

> days
> you

> > we
> > communicated
> > for

> > > priority

> Regards,
> Tanweer

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Alex Wang
Wonderful news!! Congrats!

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 7:15 AM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hopefully this is just a start and the rest of Europe will follow Belgium's
> lead.

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Tanweer Morshed <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Great news indeed! Thanks to the people who worked to promote FoP.
> >
> > On Friday, June 17, 2016, Omar David Sandoval Sida <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Good news, congratulations!

> > commercial

> > restored

> > days
> > you

> year,
> > > we
> > > communicated
> means
> > > for

> > Regards,
> > Tanweer

> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
>
> The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Alexandra Wang
Program Officer
Community Resources
Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
+1 415-839-6885
Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Osmar Valdebenito-3
Congratulations to all the people involved! Finally we will have the
Atomium!

El vie, jun 17, 2016 12:30, Alex Wang <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Wonderful news!! Congrats!
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 7:15 AM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hopefully this is just a start and the rest of Europe will follow
> Belgium's
> > lead.

> > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Tanweer Morshed <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Great news indeed! Thanks to the people who worked to promote FoP.
> > >
> > > On Friday, June 17, 2016, Omar David Sandoval Sida <
> [hidden email]>

> <javascript:;>>

> parliament.
> > > commercial

> > > restored

> ten
> > > days
> keep
> > > you

> > year,
> > means

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Tanweer

> > James Heilman
> > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> >
> > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> > www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

> Alexandra Wang
> Program Officer
> Community Resources
> Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
> +1 415-839-6885
> Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Freedom of panorama today approved by Belgian parliament

Caitlin Cogdill
Congratulations and thank you for your work on this, Wikimedia Belgium!
What great news.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Osmar Valdebenito <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to all the people involved! Finally we will have the
> Atomium!
>
> El vie, jun 17, 2016 12:30, Alex Wang <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> > Wonderful news!! Congrats!
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 7:15 AM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hopefully this is just a start and the rest of Europe will follow
> > Belgium's
> > > lead.

> > > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Tanweer Morshed <
> > [hidden email]>

> > [hidden email]>

> > <javascript:;>>

> > parliament.

> > ten
> > keep

> > > year,
> > > means

> was

> > > --
> > > James Heilman
> > > MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
> > >
> > > The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> > > www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

> > Alexandra Wang
> > Program Officer
> > Community Resources
> > Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
> > +1 415-839-6885
> > Skype: alexvwang

Caitlin Cogdill
Fundraising Manager, Global Email

the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

*https://donate.wikimedia.org <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*