[Wikimedia-l] Fw: Domain dispute and protection - wikimedia

[Wikimedia-l] Fw: Domain dispute and protection - wikimedia

Ted Chien
Hi,

We have received this letter as below. Is there anyone aware of this Miller Investment Ltd?

Regards,
Ted Chien

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fw: Domain dispute and protection - wikimedia

David Gerard-2
On 23 December 2012 21:18, Ted Chien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have received this letter as below. Is there anyone aware of this Miller Investment Ltd?

This is a pretty common scam. Best ignored.

- d.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fw: Domain dispute and protection - wikimedia

James Alexander-4
I sent it to legal just in case but it appears to be a possible scam (
http://blog.eset.com/2012/07/24/asia-domain-name-scams-still-going-strong /
 http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-58331.html a
couple other places).

James

James Alexander
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Ted Chien <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have received this letter as below. Is there anyone aware of this
> Miller Investment Ltd?
>
> Regards,
> Ted Chien

Thanks James and David, for letting me know that this is a possible scam. We will ignore the letter and will not response to him.

Regards,
Ted