[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page

[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page

Florence Devouard-6
A relationship of mine received the email below and forwarded it to me.
http://yourprmanager.com/

This company is known ?

Flo

=================

Début du message réexpédié :

De: Britney Davis <[hidden email]>
Objet: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page
Date: 6 avril 2016 14:34:27 UTC+2

Hello Mr. ccc,

Wikipedia is the most trusted and preferred source of original content
online. Therefore, it is not surprising why institutions, organizations
and individuals opt for creating their Wikipedia page.

To increase your popularity online, it is recommended to create a
Wikipedia page about yourself or your company and for a new Wikipedia
page to go up, there are certain eligibility criteria. That means not
everyone is immediately a good candidate to feature on Wikipedia.

Here are some benefits of having a Company or Personal Wikipedia Page:

1. Great exposure. Wikipedia is a heavily used web site, and having an
article about your company means more exposure, more eyeballs, and so forth.

2. Reputation management. As I mentioned above, your Wikipedia article
will probably rank on page one for your company name, and that helps
with your online reputation management.

3. Increased trust. There’s no underestimating the need to earn trust,
both from customers and search engines. A Wikipedia article can help
with both, I believe.

Get in touch with us to find out if you're eligible to feature on
Wikipedia with our Complimentary Wikipedia Eligibility Assessment Service.

Warm Regards

Britney
YourPRManager Team
Email - [hidden email]

Opt-out: If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately and delete this message without reading, copying,or
forwarding it to anyone. This email abides to the SPAM laws and is not
intended to spam.The email has a business proposition intended to you.
If you do not wish to receive further email from me, please let me know
by typing "Not Interested" in the subject.

Unsubscribe / Change Profile
Powered by YMLP

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page

Jane Darnell
Oh dear, those pesky spam laws...

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> A relationship of mine received the email below and forwarded it to me.
> http://yourprmanager.com/
>
> This company is known ?
>
> Flo
>

> =================
>
> Début du message réexpédié :
>
> De: Britney Davis <[hidden email]>
> Objet: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page
> Date: 6 avril 2016 14:34:27 UTC+2
>
> Hello Mr. ccc,
>
> Wikipedia is the most trusted and preferred source of original content
> online. Therefore, it is not surprising why institutions, organizations and
> individuals opt for creating their Wikipedia page.
>

> To increase your popularity online, it is recommended to create a
> Wikipedia page about yourself or your company and for a new Wikipedia page
> to go up, there are certain eligibility criteria. That means not everyone
> is immediately a good candidate to feature on Wikipedia.
>
> Here are some benefits of having a Company or Personal Wikipedia Page:
>
> 1. Great exposure. Wikipedia is a heavily used web site, and having an
> article about your company means more exposure, more eyeballs, and so forth.
>
> 2. Reputation management. As I mentioned above, your Wikipedia article
> will probably rank on page one for your company name, and that helps with
> your online reputation management.
>
> 3. Increased trust. There’s no underestimating the need to earn trust,
> both from customers and search engines. A Wikipedia article can help with
> both, I believe.
>

> Get in touch with us to find out if you're eligible to feature on
> Wikipedia with our Complimentary Wikipedia Eligibility Assessment Service.
>

> Warm Regards
>
> Britney
> YourPRManager Team
> Email - [hidden email]
>

> Opt-out: If you have received this message in error, please notify us
> immediately and delete this message without reading, copying,or forwarding
> it to anyone. This email abides to the SPAM laws and is not intended to
> spam.The email has a business proposition intended to you. If you do not
> wish to receive further email from me, please let me know by typing "Not
> Interested" in the subject.
>

> Unsubscribe / Change Profile
> Powered by YMLP

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page

Cristian Consonni
> A relationship of mine received the email below and forwarded it to me.
> http://yourprmanager.com/

This is appalling.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page

Keegan Peterzell
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]>

> > A relationship of mine received the email below and forwarded it to me.
> > http://yourprmanager.com/
>
> This is appalling.

​Heh. <http://yourprmanager.com/clients/​

​> and the testimonials page.

Browsing around, the entire site looks like corporate catfishing [0].

0. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfishing​

--
~Keegan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
is in a personal capacity.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page

Tanweer Morshed
Ridiculous! Would like to see one of the company's creation in Wikipedia.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Keegan Peterzell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Cristian Consonni <[hidden email]

> > > A relationship of mine received the email below and forwarded it to me.
> > > http://yourprmanager.com/
> >
> > This is appalling.
>

> ​Heh. <http://yourprmanager.com/clients/​
>
> ​> and the testimonials page.
>
> Browsing around, the entire site looks like corporate catfishing [0].
>
> 0. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfishing​
> ​
>

> --
> ~Keegan
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan
>
> This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
> is in a personal capacity.

Tanweer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Hello Mr. ccc, Now you can have your own Wikipedia page

Shabab Mustafa
The logos of clients are Placeholder prototype logos. Descriptions with
Lorem Ipsum [0] dummy text. Thinking about mailing back for one of my
dev-test email accounts for fun. [Evil-Smile]

---
Shabab Mustafa