[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Huhall] Viola wikipedia

[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Huhall] Viola wikipedia

metasj
From a Harvard biology list, via my friend Chris: a newly named species of
Viola <https://species.wikimedia.org/wiki/Viola_wikipedia>!
/SJ

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Huhall] Viola wikipedia

Leinonen Teemu

> On 1 Oct 2019, at 18.46, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> From a Harvard biology list, via my friend Chris: a newly named species of
> Viola <https://species.wikimedia.org/wiki/Viola_wikipedia>!
> /SJ

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. -Teemu

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Huhall] Viola wikipedia

Andy Mabbett-2
On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 16:46, Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> forwarded:

> Here is a plant name (*Viola Wikipedia*), which may be first name to honor
> Wikipedia.

I have reciprocated with this:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola_wikipedia

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Huhall] Viola wikipedia

Toni Hermoso Pulido-4
Hello,

I am not able to access referenced PDFs right now, assuming it's
authoritative enough. I hope it's not a prank, specially considering its
name...

El 1/10/19 a les 17:46, Samuel Klein ha escrit:

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido

Amical Wikimedia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Huhall] Viola wikipedia

Antoine Musso-3
On 01/10/2019 17:46, Samuel Klein wrote:

>  From a Harvard biology list, via my friend Chris: a newly named species of
> Viola <https://species.wikimedia.org/wiki/Viola_wikipedia>!
> /SJ

<snip>
Hello,

According to the international plant names index [0], the name is
illegitimate [1] and the plant actual name is "Viola angustifolia".  We
should probably have the created articles to be renamed toward the
legitimate name instead :]

It is still a great token of appreciation, and I am quite happy to see
Wikipedia being of good use for plant research!

[0] https://www.ipni.org/n/77202100-1
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_illegitimum

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Huhall] Viola wikipedia

Vi to
That's the reason why the idea of "reciprocating" via Wikipedia is always
wrong.

Vito