[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: IRC Office Hours

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: IRC Office Hours

Gayle Karen Young
Hello!

I'll be doing an open office hours on IRC at #wikimedia-office on January
28th. I'll talk about my first full year at WMF, and answer any questions
to the degree that I'm able to about current HR practices and where I see
the trajectory of needs for the coming year. I'm looking forward to meeting
and chatting with people!

Date: Monday, January 28
Time: 1000 PT/1800UTC

In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy holiday season and a great
start to 2013. :)  Live long and prosper.

Warm regards,
Gayle


--
Gayle Karen K. Young
Chief Talent and Culture Officer
Wikimedia Foundation
p. 415.839.6885 x6691
c. 415.310.8416
www.wikimediafoundation.org
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: IRC Office Hours

Shlomi Fish
Hi Jayle,

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 15:18:00 -0800
Gayle Karen Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'll be doing an open office hours on IRC at #wikimedia-office on January
> 28th. I'll talk about my first full year at WMF, and answer any questions
> to the degree that I'm able to about current HR practices and where I see
> the trajectory of needs for the coming year. I'm looking forward to meeting
> and chatting with people!
>
> Date: Monday, January 28
> Time: 1000 PT/1800UTC
>
> In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy holiday season and a great
> start to 2013. :)  Live long and prosper.

Is it going to be 28 January 2013 (over a month from now) or 28 December 2012
(tomorrow according to Israeli time). Announcing IRC open office hours a
month in advance seems somewhat excessive.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Optimising Code for Speed - http://shlom.in/optimise

<PerlJam> I’m trying to achieve world peace and this regex is the last thing
standing in my way! ;)

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: IRC Office Hours

Dan Rosenthal
Not really excessive during a holiday season where people may not see the
message for several days. And a month is a good amount of lead time for
something like this. I don't get what the problem is...

Dan Rosenthal


On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Jayle,
>
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 15:18:00 -0800
> Gayle Karen Young <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'll be doing an open office hours on IRC at #wikimedia-office on January
> > 28th. I'll talk about my first full year at WMF, and answer any questions
> > to the degree that I'm able to about current HR practices and where I see
> > the trajectory of needs for the coming year. I'm looking forward to
> meeting
> > and chatting with people!
> >
> > Date: Monday, January 28
> > Time: 1000 PT/1800UTC
> >
> > In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy holiday season and a great
> > start to 2013. :)  Live long and prosper.
>
> Is it going to be 28 January 2013 (over a month from now) or 28 December
> 2012
> (tomorrow according to Israeli time). Announcing IRC open office hours a
> month in advance seems somewhat excessive.
>
> Regards,
>
>         Shlomi Fish
>
> --
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
> Optimising Code for Speed - http://shlom.in/optimise
>
> <PerlJam> I’m trying to achieve world peace and this regex is the last
> thing
> standing in my way! ;)
>
> Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: IRC Office Hours

Michael Snow-5
On 12/27/2012 12:16 AM, Dan Rosenthal wrote:
> Not really excessive during a holiday season where people may not see the
> message for several days. And a month is a good amount of lead time for
> something like this. I don't get what the problem is...
I don't see it as a problem either. More lead time is always good for
people who want to make sure they can join in. However, this is
sufficiently far in advance that it would be helpful to also send out a
reminder as the date gets closer, say during the week leading up to the
office hours. I expect Gayle may already have planned to do that as
well, but didn't think it necessary to spell that out.

--Michael Snow

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: IRC Office Hours

Bence Damokos-2
In reply to this post by Gayle Karen Young
As a reminder, this is still scheduled for next Monday at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours.

Best regards,
Bence

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Gayle Karen Young <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'll be doing an open office hours on IRC at #wikimedia-office on January
> 28th. I'll talk about my first full year at WMF, and answer any questions
> to the degree that I'm able to about current HR practices and where I see
> the trajectory of needs for the coming year. I'm looking forward to meeting
> and chatting with people!
>
> Date: Monday, January 28
> Time: 1000 PT/1800UTC
>
> In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy holiday season and a great
> start to 2013. :)  Live long and prosper.
>
> Warm regards,
> Gayle
>
>
> --
> Gayle Karen K. Young
> Chief Talent and Culture Officer
> Wikimedia Foundation
> p. 415.839.6885 x6691
> c. 415.310.8416
> www.wikimediafoundation.org
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l