[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

James Forrester-2
Forwarding for info.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Jon Davies
Is a bid for South London allowed next year?

On 1 November 2013 23:44, James Forrester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Forwarding for info.

> [hidden email]>
>

> Dear all,
>
> Soon we will be kicking off the selection process for deciding where we
> will hold Wikimania 2015[0].
>
> The Requests for Proposals (RfP) is being written right now[1], and will be
> coming out soon, but in this e-mail we would like to invite volunteers to
> serve on the selection jury[2]. The jury will select the winning bid based
> on published criteria, reviewing the bids from January onwards until the
> final selection is made in April 2014.
>
> This is roughly 30-40 hours' work, and is key to us making Wikimania a
> strong, healthy community conference that we all can enjoy. The Wikimania
> Committee will select a jury that is a balanced representation of the
> community, from a diverse range of backgrounds, sexes, languages, cultures
> and regions of the world.
>
> The main criteria are as follows:
>
> * You want to help make Wikimania as great a celebration of the community
> as we can make it;
> * You can represent some of the Wikimedia community's varied projects and
> activities;
> * You have some experience of community events, meetings, conferences, or
> want to learn;
> * You have some free time during the selection period, especially late
> March and early April; and
> * You are not closely involved in any bid (it's a conflict of interest).
>
> If you would like to serve on the jury, please e-mail Florence Devouard
> (off-list) [[Wikipedia:User:Anthere]] at fdevouard @ wikimedia.org by 12
> November. We will announce the jury in two weeks' time.
>
> Please help us by translating this message and passing it on to your wiki's
> community for those that don't read these mailing lists.
>
> Thank you, and good luck to all Bids.
>
> [0] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015
> [1] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015_bids
> [2] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_jury
>
> On behalf of the Wikimania Committee.
>
> Yours,
> --
> James D. Forrester
> [hidden email]
> [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]] (speaking purely in a personal
> capacity)
>

> --
> James D. Forrester
> [hidden email]
> [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]] (speaking purely in a personal
> capacity)

*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Ziko van Dijk-2
More success might have East London / Oos Londen. :-)
Ziko

Am Dienstag, 5. November 2013 schrieb Jon Davies :

> [...]
> > [1] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015_bids
> > [2] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_jury
> >
> > On behalf of the Wikimania Committee.
> >
> > Yours,
> > --
> > James D. Forrester
> > [hidden email] <javascript:;>
> > [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]] (speaking purely in a personal
> > capacity)
> >

> > --
> > James D. Forrester
> > [hidden email] <javascript:;>
> > [[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]] (speaking purely in a personal
> > capacity)

> *Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
> tweet @jonatreesdavies

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

Dr. Ziko van Dijk
voorzitter / president Wikimedia Nederland

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht
http://wikimedia.nl

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Jon Davies, 05/11/2013 19:04:
> Is a bid for South London allowed next year?

Yes if it's South enough to be in the middle of the Channel for best
neutrality.

Nemo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

David Gerard-2
On 5 November 2013 18:58, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes if it's South enough to be in the middle of the Channel for best
> neutrality.

Jersey 2015!

- d.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Michael Snow-5
On 11/5/2013 11:01 AM, David Gerard wrote:
> On 5 November 2013 18:58, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yes if it's South enough to be in the middle of the Channel for best
>> neutrality.
> Jersey 2015!
That really ought to be Principality of Sealand instead. We already had
Gdansk, time to continue the history tour of Wikipedia edit wars.

--Michael Snow

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Florence Devouard-3
Whilst we are at Sealand Principality... a head up...

We now have received five (5) candidacies. Good ones. Which is great.

I'd love to see some more.

Also please... we would need more geographical diversity (err, less
primarily English speaking people). Help relay the call for volunteers
within your linguistic communities.

Thanks

Flo

On 11/5/13 8:25 PM, Michael Snow wrote:

> On 11/5/2013 11:01 AM, David Gerard wrote:
>> On 5 November 2013 18:58, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Yes if it's South enough to be in the middle of the Channel for best
>>> neutrality.
>> Jersey 2015!
> That really ought to be Principality of Sealand instead. We already had
> Gdansk, time to continue the history tour of Wikipedia edit wars.
>
> --Michael Snow

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Itzik Edri
There is no one from the Maldives who want to bid maybe? :)
I'm ok also with Hawaii....

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Whilst we are at Sealand Principality... a head up...
>
> We now have received five (5) candidacies. Good ones. Which is great.
>
> I'd love to see some more.
>
> Also please... we would need more geographical diversity (err, less
> primarily English speaking people). Help relay the call for volunteers
> within your linguistic communities.
>
> Thanks
>
> Flo
>

> On 11/5/13 8:25 PM, Michael Snow wrote:
>
>> On 11/5/2013 11:01 AM, David Gerard wrote:

>>> Jersey 2015!
>>>
>> That really ought to be Principality of Sealand instead. We already had
>> Gdansk, time to continue the history tour of Wikipedia edit wars.
>>
>> --Michael Snow

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

cro0016
Australia? :) (It'll never happen of course since we're in the middle of nowhere)
Steven Zhang
Committee Member, Wikimedia Australia
[hidden email]

On 7 Nov 2013, at 12:24 am, Itzik Edri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is no one from the Maldives who want to bid maybe? :)
> I'm ok also with Hawaii....
>

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Whilst we are at Sealand Principality... a head up...
>>
>> We now have received five (5) candidacies. Good ones. Which is great.
>>
>> I'd love to see some more.
>>
>> Also please... we would need more geographical diversity (err, less
>> primarily English speaking people). Help relay the call for volunteers
>> within your linguistic communities.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Flo

>>> That really ought to be Principality of Sealand instead. We already had
>>> Gdansk, time to continue the history tour of Wikipedia edit wars.
>>>
>>> --Michael Snow

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Jon Davies
I'd be willing to put up with the heat, beaches and luxury hotels.

On 6 November 2013 13:24, Itzik Edri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is no one from the Maldives who want to bid maybe? :)
> I'm ok also with Hawaii....
>

> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Florence Devouard <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Whilst we are at Sealand Principality... a head up...
> >
> > We now have received five (5) candidacies. Good ones. Which is great.
> >
> > I'd love to see some more.
> >
> > Also please... we would need more geographical diversity (err, less
> > primarily English speaking people). Help relay the call for volunteers
> > within your linguistic communities.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Flo

> >> That really ought to be Principality of Sealand instead. We already had
> >> Gdansk, time to continue the history tour of Wikipedia edit wars.
> >>
> >> --Michael Snow

*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Florence Devouard-3
Dear all

The committee met this evening and is happy to announce that it chose
its jury.

We received many applications (11 from new candidates) and it was really
tough to choose from all the great people.

We decided to create a jury of 9 members including 4 "oldbies" (=
previous Wikimania jury experience), 4 "newbies" plus 1 WMF staff member.

Accordingly, the following people are welcome to form the future jury
selecting Wikimania 2015 bid.

* Orsolya Gyenes
* Manuel Schneider
* Deror Avi
* Jeromy-Yu Chan
* Netha Hussain
* Victoria Levant
* Richard Sydmonds
* Ralf Roletschek
* Ellie Young

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015_jury

We would like to thank all candidates. Individual emails will be send to
all candidates.

Thanks

Anthere

On 11/2/13 12:44 AM, James Forrester wrote:

> Forwarding for info.

> [hidden email]>
>

> Dear all,
>
> Soon we will be kicking off the selection process for deciding where we
> will hold Wikimania 2015[0].
>
> The Requests for Proposals (RfP) is being written right now[1], and will be
> coming out soon, but in this e-mail we would like to invite volunteers to
> serve on the selection jury[2]. The jury will select the winning bid based
> on published criteria, reviewing the bids from January onwards until the
> final selection is made in April 2014.
>
> This is roughly 30-40 hours' work, and is key to us making Wikimania a
> strong, healthy community conference that we all can enjoy. The Wikimania
> Committee will select a jury that is a balanced representation of the
> community, from a diverse range of backgrounds, sexes, languages, cultures
> and regions of the world.
>
> The main criteria are as follows:
>
> * You want to help make Wikimania as great a celebration of the community
> as we can make it;
> * You can represent some of the Wikimedia community's varied projects and
> activities;
> * You have some experience of community events, meetings, conferences, or
> want to learn;
> * You have some free time during the selection period, especially late
> March and early April; and
> * You are not closely involved in any bid (it's a conflict of interest).
>
> If you would like to serve on the jury, please e-mail Florence Devouard
> (off-list) [[Wikipedia:User:Anthere]] at fdevouard @ wikimedia.org by 12
> November. We will announce the jury in two weeks' time.
>
> Please help us by translating this message and passing it on to your wiki's
> community for those that don't read these mailing lists.
>
> Thank you, and good luck to all Bids.
>
> [0] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015
> [1] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015_bids
> [2] - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_jury
>
> On behalf of the Wikimania Committee.
>
> Yours,

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimania 2015 - Call for Jury volunteers

Jayanta Nath
Congratulation to everyone!

Jayanta