[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [cc-community] CC 4.0 and the GNU GPL

[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [cc-community] CC 4.0 and the GNU GPL

Anthony-73
Forwarding this from the CC-licenses list.  The WMF should explore
what impact, if any, one-way CC-BY-SA to GPL compatibility would have
on WMF projects.  Is anyone at the WMF talking to CC/FSF about this?

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [cc-community] CC 4.0 and the GNU GPL

Kat Walsh-4
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Anthony <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Forwarding this from the CC-licenses list.  The WMF should explore
> what impact, if any, one-way CC-BY-SA to GPL compatibility would have
> on WMF projects.  Is anyone at the WMF talking to CC/FSF about this?

I've been paying attention to the license revision process since it
began, trying to flag any issues I thought were relevant to us--and
now I have just started working at Creative Commons as part of their
legal team. I will definitely be thinking about the impact on WMF
projects and trying to make sure people are aware of anything
important!

Cheers,
Kat

Your donations keep Wikipedia free: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate
Web: http://www.mindspillage.org Email: [hidden email], [hidden email]
(G)AIM, Freenode, gchat, identi.ca, twitter, various social sites: mindspillage