[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: stranded travelers offered asylum in Canada

[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: stranded travelers offered asylum in Canada

James Salsman-2
https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-offers-temporary-home-those-stranded-trump-order-221401138.html

I strongly disagree that Bannon is not a if not the primarily
responsible party for both the SSL certificate revocation threats and
the travel ban:

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/steve-bannon-personally-overruled-dhs-decision-not-to-include-green-card-holders-in-travel-ban-cnn/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: stranded travelers offered asylum in Canada

Thyge
I hope the above is quite off-topic for this list.
Regards
Sir48-Thyge

> https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-offers-temporary-home-
> those-stranded-trump-order-221401138.html
>
> I strongly disagree that Bannon is not a if not the primarily
> responsible party for both the SSL certificate revocation threats and
> the travel ban:
>
> http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/steve-bannon-personally-
> overruled-dhs-decision-not-to-include-green-card-holders-in-
> travel-ban-cnn/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fwd: stranded travelers offered asylum in Canada

Craig Franklin
Agreed.  Most of us are very concerned about the current state of affairs
in the United States, but if you want to discuss that there are plenty of
other venues where such discussion is not grossly off topic.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin

On 30 January 2017 at 09:26, Thyge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hope the above is quite off-topic for this list.
> Regards
> Sir48-Thyge

> > https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-offers-temporary-home-
> > those-stranded-trump-order-221401138.html
> >
> > I strongly disagree that Bannon is not a if not the primarily
> > responsible party for both the SSL certificate revocation threats and
> > the travel ban:
> >
> > http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/steve-bannon-personally-
> > overruled-dhs-decision-not-to-include-green-card-holders-in-
> > travel-ban-cnn/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] stranded travelers offered asylum in Canada

James Salsman-2
> I hope the above is quite off-topic for this list.

I was told that several Wikimedia Foundation employees have been asked
to refrain from travel, including at least one who is away from their
family. If I am mistaken, I apologize.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] stranded travelers offered asylum in Canada

Dan Garry
On 29 January 2017 at 16:09, James Salsman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was told that several Wikimedia Foundation employees have been asked
> to refrain from travel, including at least one who is away from their
> family. If I am mistaken, I apologize.

That does not change the fact that your post is off-topic for this list.

Dan

--
Dan Garry
Lead Product Manager, Discovery