[Wikimedia-l] GA Stats using Wikimedia Stats

[Wikimedia-l] GA Stats using Wikimedia Stats

Tito Dutta
Hello,
Is there any way to find Good article stats/details (of mainly Indian
Language Wikis) using http://stats.wikimedia.org/?

Re: [Wikimedia-l] GA Stats using Wikimedia Stats

Asaf Bartov-2
No.  That site does not provide that data.

   A.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Tito Dutta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there any way to find Good article stats/details (of mainly Indian
> Language Wikis) using http://stats.wikimedia.org/?

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] GA Stats using Wikimedia Stats

Tito Dutta
Thanks for your reply.

(Sent using android, excuse my brevity)
On Aug 18, 2015 8:10 AM, "Asaf Bartov" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No.  That site does not provide that data.
>
>    A.
>
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Tito Dutta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Is there any way to find Good article stats/details (of mainly Indian
> > Language Wikis) using http://stats.wikimedia.org/?

>     Asaf Bartov
>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>

> https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] GA Stats using Wikimedia Stats

Erik Zachte-3
Hi Tito,

Wikistats can collect pageviews for a certain category and its subcategories.

In English Wikipedia I just ran the script for categories WikiProject_Featured_articles and WikiProject_Good_articles

Featured articles, 1 pageviews 2 categories included
1 http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/pageviews_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Featured_articles_2015-06.html
2 http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/categories_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Featured_articles_2015-06.html

Good articles, 1 pageviews 2 categories included
1 http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/pageviews_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Good_articles_2015-06.html
2 http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/categories_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Good_articles_2015-06.html

I you have similar categories for the Indian languages I can try to parse those  as well
(I say 'try' as I vaguely remember an open bug with non western letters in category name not being parsed well, I might need to look into that)

Cheers,
Erik

No.  That site does not provide that data.

   A.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Tito Dutta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there any way to find Good article stats/details (of mainly Indian
> Language Wikis) using http://stats.wikimedia.org/?

    Asaf Bartov

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] GA Stats using Wikimedia Stats

Tito Dutta
Thanks a lot. It was very helpful
No, most of these Wikipedias don't have such categories. I'll check further.
Regards.

On 19 August 2015 at 16:40, Erik Zachte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tito,
>
> Wikistats can collect pageviews for a certain category and its
> subcategories.
>
> In English Wikipedia I just ran the script for categories
> WikiProject_Featured_articles and WikiProject_Good_articles
>
> Featured articles, 1 pageviews 2 categories included
> 1
> http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/pageviews_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Featured_articles_2015-06.html
> 2
> http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/categories_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Featured_articles_2015-06.html
>
> Good articles, 1 pageviews 2 categories included
> 1
> http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/pageviews_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Good_articles_2015-06.html
> 2
> http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/pageviews/categorized/wp-en/2015-06/categories_wp-en_cat_WikiProject_Good_articles_2015-06.html
>
> I you have similar categories for the Indian languages I can try to parse
> those  as well
> (I say 'try' as I vaguely remember an open bug with non western letters in
> category name not being parsed well, I might need to look into that)
>
> Cheers,
> Erik

Denny Vrandečić-2
Wikidata should know whether an article has a badge or not (see here:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1156 )