[Wikimedia-l] Gathering User Inputs for WikiCV Project

[Wikimedia-l] Gathering User Inputs for WikiCV Project

Megha Sharma
Hi all,

I'm an Outreachy <https://www.outreachy.org/alums/> intern and as a part of
the internship, I'm working on a project - WikiCV
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiCV>.

Through this project we (my mentors - Gergő Tisza and Stephen LaPorte and
I) want to create a contribution summarizing tool which (unlike the
existing ones that focus on statistics and are hard to interpret for
someone not familiar with Wikipedia editing) highlights contributions in an
easy-to-understand manner.

I'm writing this to gather inputs from prospective users of this tool, that
is all the Wikipedia editors!

Basically I want to understand what all things would you like to see in a
tool like this? Or what all would you write in your Wikipedia CV?

You can give in your inputs through mail (I'd be more than happy to get one
:)) or fill out this form <https://goo.gl/forms/slmOreey5iVPWzFx1>. My work
is largely dependent on your inputs, so please pour in your comments/views.
Your help will be quite appreciated!

Eagerly waiting for your inputs :)
Thanks,
Megha Sharma

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Gathering User Inputs for WikiCV Project

Alessandro Marchetti via Wikimedia-l
I'd like to put a picture of me on such CV but even if this is voluntary that's usually the point when 4 or 5 users (mostly old-timers) write something like "we are not facebook" (or similar) and say they agree with themselves.
I wish I could do it myself, repeating standardized sentences as a social thing, stupid me that I try to do new things... :D But this time I also repeat myself, I'd like to put my picture on that. And the infobox of the languages I know. And make it available as a transcluded content from my meta user page and from there to all the wikipedia I don't have a user page, maybe with key title and description translated in their language. Because it would be nice that if I want to do something like that I could do it, especially if I am not the only one.
I am quite sure that the people who disagree will survive the cultural shock and write "we are not facebook"  in another discussion with no loss of their perceived social role.
Alessandr