[Wikimedia-l] Hindi Wikisource waiting, developer needed

[Wikimedia-l] Hindi Wikisource waiting, developer needed

Yann Forget-3
Hi,

The Hindi Wikisource is blocked by some technical problems with no
resolution expected shortly. The last comment in the ticket is:

The issue still exists and it's impossible to make new wikis without lots
of bandage and hacks. I'm doing this in volunteer capacity and I don't have
time to do it anymore :(

The ticket was opened on March 13th.
The community is actively waiting.
Some workshops are planned, but postponed because of this issue.
So this task should be given to some developer from WMF.

Regards,
Yann Forget
Jai Jagat 2020 Grand March Coordinator
https://www.jaijagat2020.org/
+91-74 34 93 33 58 (also WhatsApp)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Hindi Wikisource waiting, developer needed

Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM Yann Forget <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Hindi Wikisource is blocked by some technical problems with no
> resolution expected shortly. The last comment in the ticket is:
>
> The issue still exists and it's impossible to make new wikis without lots
> of bandage and hacks. I'm doing this in volunteer capacity and I don't have
> time to do it anymore :(
>
> The ticket was opened on March 13th.
> The community is actively waiting.
> Some workshops are planned, but postponed because of this issue.
> So this task should be given to some developer from WMF.

Based on the quoted comment and date, I'm guessing the task in question is
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T218155.

FYI: I don't know any details about new wiki creation, I'm just posting the
task link in the hope it will help people who do to find your task.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Hindi Wikisource waiting, developer needed

Amir Sarabadani-2
I wrote a quick explantation why it's almost impossible to make a new wiki
now, in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T210752#5167695

One problem is that this part of the codebase doesn't have a clear
maintainer/owner. That needs to be fixed.

Best

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM Yann Forget <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Hindi Wikisource is blocked by some technical problems with no
> > resolution expected shortly. The last comment in the ticket is:
> >
> > The issue still exists and it's impossible to make new wikis without lots
> > of bandage and hacks. I'm doing this in volunteer capacity and I don't
> have
> > time to do it anymore :(
> >
> > The ticket was opened on March 13th.
> > The community is actively waiting.
> > Some workshops are planned, but postponed because of this issue.
> > So this task should be given to some developer from WMF.
> >

> Based on the quoted comment and date, I'm guessing the task in question is
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T218155.
>
> FYI: I don't know any details about new wiki creation, I'm just posting the
> task link in the hope it will help people who do to find your task.
>

> --
> Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
> Senior Software Engineer
> Wikimedia Foundation