[Wikimedia-l] How to watch and follow Wikimania 2017 remotely

[Wikimedia-l] How to watch and follow Wikimania 2017 remotely

Melody Kramer
Hello!

As many of you know, Wikimania 2017 will take place in Montréal, Canada
from 9–13 August.

If you cannot attend this year, there are still opportunities to follow
along remotely. Keynote sessions will be livestreamed [1] and recorded
throughout the conference on YouTube [2] and Facebook Live [3]. Additional
recorded sessions will be posted on the conference notes page [6] when they
become available. We are asking all speakers to designate a notetaker for
their session, and to copy the template [8] for use in their session.

You can also follow @Wikimania [4] and the hashtag #wikimania [5] on
Twitter. We will round up presentations and highlights for both Meta and
our blog after the conference ends. [6] You can also search the full
programme schedule. [7]

Please respond here or contact me directly with any questions or ideas to
make this experience better for remote participants.

- Mel

[1] The Livestream schedule is here:
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Livestreamed_keynotes

[2] YouTube livestream links:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_cUZLMpibyRiIdp0uF-lQ

[3] Facebook links will be posted on the livestream schedule when
available. The keynote talks will be livestreamed on the Wikipedia Facebook
page: https://www.facebook.com/wikipedia/

[4] https://twitter.com/Wikimania

[5] https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wikimania&src=tyah

[6] A full list of conference sessions is here:
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/All_Session_Notes Notes and
presentations will be posted as they become available.

[7] Complete program schedule
https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme

[8] Notetaking template:
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Wikimania2017-template

--
Melody Kramer <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:MKramer_(WMF)>
Senior Audience Development Manager

Re: [Wikimedia-l] How to watch and follow Wikimania 2017 remotely

Denise Jansen
Great, thanks for the info!

Denise Jansen
Projectleider
Wikimedia Nederland

tel. 06  2952 0069
(ma, di, do)

*Postadres*:                                                 * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

*Wikimedia Nederland organiseert regelmatig bijeenkomsten, u bent daarbij
van harte welkom. Kijk voor meer informatie in onze agenda
<https://www.wikimedia.nl/pagina/agenda>.*

> Hello!
>
> As many of you know, Wikimania 2017 will take place in Montréal, Canada
> from 9–13 August.
>
> If you cannot attend this year, there are still opportunities to follow
> along remotely. Keynote sessions will be livestreamed [1] and recorded
> throughout the conference on YouTube [2] and Facebook Live [3]. Additional
> recorded sessions will be posted on the conference notes page [6] when they
> become available. We are asking all speakers to designate a notetaker for
> their session, and to copy the template [8] for use in their session.
>
> You can also follow @Wikimania [4] and the hashtag #wikimania [5] on
> Twitter. We will round up presentations and highlights for both Meta and
> our blog after the conference ends. [6] You can also search the full
> programme schedule. [7]
>
> Please respond here or contact me directly with any questions or ideas to
> make this experience better for remote participants.
>
> - Mel
>

> [1] The Livestream schedule is here:
> https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Livestreamed_keynotes
>
> [2] YouTube livestream links:
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_cUZLMpibyRiIdp0uF-lQ
>
> [3] Facebook links will be posted on the livestream schedule when
> available. The keynote talks will be livestreamed on the Wikipedia Facebook
> page: https://www.facebook.com/wikipedia/
>
> [4] https://twitter.com/Wikimania
>
> [5] https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wikimania&src=tyah
>
> [6] A full list of conference sessions is here:
> https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/All_Session_Notes Notes and
> presentations will be posted as they become available.
>
> [7] Complete program schedule
> https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme
>
> [8] Notetaking template:
> https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Wikimania2017-template
>

> --
> Melody Kramer <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:MKramer_(WMF)>
> Senior Audience Development Manager
> Read a random featured article from Wikipedia!
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RandomInCategory/Featured_articles>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] How to watch and follow Wikimania 2017 remotely

Ed Erhart
Hello,

We've published a blog post about the remote strategy we deployed for this
year's Wikimania, including links to where you can find session notes,
presentations, videos, and more.[1] Please take a look!

Best,
--Ed

[1] https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/09/05/wikimania-2017-materials/

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Denise Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great, thanks for the info!
>

> Denise Jansen
> Projectleider
> Wikimedia Nederland
>
> tel. 06  2952 0069
> (ma, di, do)
>
> *Postadres*:                                                 *
> Bezoekadres:*
> Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
> 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht
>
> *Wikimedia Nederland organiseert regelmatig bijeenkomsten, u bent daarbij
> van harte welkom. Kijk voor meer informatie in onze agenda
> <https://www.wikimedia.nl/pagina/agenda>.*

> > Hello!
> >
> > As many of you know, Wikimania 2017 will take place in Montréal, Canada
> > from 9–13 August.
> >
> > If you cannot attend this year, there are still opportunities to follow
> > along remotely. Keynote sessions will be livestreamed [1] and recorded
> > throughout the conference on YouTube [2] and Facebook Live [3].
> Additional
> > recorded sessions will be posted on the conference notes page [6] when
> they
> > become available. We are asking all speakers to designate a notetaker for
> > their session, and to copy the template [8] for use in their session.
> >
> > You can also follow @Wikimania [4] and the hashtag #wikimania [5] on
> > Twitter. We will round up presentations and highlights for both Meta and
> > our blog after the conference ends. [6] You can also search the full
> > programme schedule. [7]
> >
> > Please respond here or contact me directly with any questions or ideas to
> > make this experience better for remote participants.
> >
> > - Mel
> >

> > [1] The Livestream schedule is here:
> > https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Livestreamed_keynotes
> >
> > [2] YouTube livestream links:
> > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_cUZLMpibyRiIdp0uF-lQ
> >
> > [3] Facebook links will be posted on the livestream schedule when
> > available. The keynote talks will be livestreamed on the Wikipedia
> Facebook
> > page: https://www.facebook.com/wikipedia/
> >
> > [4] https://twitter.com/Wikimania
> >
> > [5] https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wikimania&src=tyah
> >
> > [6] A full list of conference sessions is here:
> > https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/All_Session_Notes Notes and
> > presentations will be posted as they become available.
> >
> > [7] Complete program schedule
> > https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Programme
> >
> > [8] Notetaking template:
> > https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Wikimania2017-template
> >

> > --
> > Melody Kramer <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:MKramer_(WMF)>
> > Senior Audience Development Manager
> > Read a random featured article from Wikipedia!
> > <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RandomInCategory/
> Featured_articles>

Ed Erhart
Editorial Associate | Wikimedia Foundation
Wikimedia blog <https://blog.wikimedia.org/> | [hidden email]
Read a random featured article from the English Wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:RandomInCategory/Featured_articles>