[Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Jan Ainali-2
All,

For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.

I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.

Best regards,

*Jan Ainali*
Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>

*Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Andrea Zanni-2
Thanks Jan.
I do understand what you say, and I'm happy for you that a new chapter of
your life is beginning.
Happy editing, and happy new life.

Tack

Aubrey

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Asaf Bartov-2
What Andrea said.

Stay in touch! :)

   A.
On Oct 8, 2015 1:27 AM, "Andrea Zanni" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Jan.
> I do understand what you say, and I'm happy for you that a new chapter of
> your life is beginning.
> Happy editing, and happy new life.
>
> Tack
>

> Aubrey
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> > Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> > board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of
> the
> > chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> > chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> > part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities
> > today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and
> > diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> > and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> > thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> > contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to
> move
> > on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> > hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> > members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> > beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
> >
> > I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on
> my
> > editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If
> not
> > earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > *Jan Ainali*
> > Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
> >

> > *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till
> mänsklighetens
> > samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> > Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Pierre-Selim
Thank you Jan!

> What Andrea said.
>
> Stay in touch! :)
>
>    A.
> On Oct 8, 2015 1:27 AM, "Andrea Zanni" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jan.
> > I do understand what you say, and I'm happy for you that a new chapter of
> > your life is beginning.
> > Happy editing, and happy new life.
> >
> > Tack
> >

> > Aubrey
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > All,
> > >
> > > For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for
> Wikimedia
> > > Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of
> the
> > > board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of
> > the
> > > chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> > > chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to
> be
> > > part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s
> activities
> > > today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office,
> and
> > > diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have
> met
> > > and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> > > thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> > > contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to
> > move
> > > on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in
> good
> > > hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> > > members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> > > beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
> > >
> > > I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up
> on
> > my
> > > editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If
> > not
> > > earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > *Jan Ainali*
> > > Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
> > >

> > > *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till
> > mänsklighetens
> > > samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> > > Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Pierre-Selim

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Sandra Rientjes  - Wikimedia Nederland
Hi Jan,

I am very, very sorry to see you go.  You are a wonderful colleague -  and
a source of sanity and calm in the group of chapter ED's.

Regards,

Sandra

Sandra Rientjes
Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland

tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
mob. (+31) (0)6  31786379

www.wikimedia.nl

*Postadres*:                                                 * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
My compliment is that you have been a wonderful person. I did not realise
that you had another function. You just did well. So thank you for that.

You did good.
Thanks,
     GerardM

On 8 October 2015 at 10:33, Sandra Rientjes Wikimedia Nederland <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I am very, very sorry to see you go.  You are a wonderful colleague -  and
> a source of sanity and calm in the group of chapter ED's.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandra
>

> Sandra Rientjes
> Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland
>
> tel.    (+31) (0)30 3200238
> mob. (+31) (0)6 31786379
>
> www.wikimedia.nl
>
> *Postadres*:                                                 *
> Bezoekadres:*
> Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
> 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

> > All,
> >
> > For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> > Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> > board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of
> the
> > chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> > chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> > part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities
> > today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and
> > diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> > and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> > thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> > contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to
> move
> > on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> > hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> > members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> > beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
> >
> > I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on
> my
> > editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If
> not
> > earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > *Jan Ainali*
> > Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
> >

> > *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till
> mänsklighetens
> > samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> > Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Jane Darnell
Jan,
Thanks for all of your work. The Swedish Wikipedia is a very inspiring
project for me as a Dutch Wikimedian and I have been following (somewhat
jealously) how the WMSE community responds to new innovations. Under your
leadership I think your Swedish Wikipedia community looks quite healthy (as
least it does to me, as an outsider).

good luck with any future plans you have,
Jane

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Alice Wiegand-4
With the choir:
Thank you for your long time committment, Jan.

Alice.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Jane Darnell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jan,
> Thanks for all of your work. The Swedish Wikipedia is a very inspiring
> project for me as a Dutch Wikimedian and I have been following (somewhat
> jealously) how the WMSE community responds to new innovations. Under your
> leadership I think your Swedish Wikipedia community looks quite healthy (as
> least it does to me, as an outsider).
>
> good luck with any future plans you have,
> Jane
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> > Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> > board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of
> the
> > chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> > chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> > part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities
> > today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and
> > diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> > and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> > thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> > contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to
> move
> > on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> > hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> > members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> > beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
> >
> > I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on
> my
> > editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If
> not
> > earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > *Jan Ainali*
> > Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
> >

> > *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till
> mänsklighetens
> > samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> > Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Alice Wiegand
Board of Trustees

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Anders Wennersten-2
It is almost on the day 8 years since Jan and I joined the first WMSE
board. And while we were many getting the chapters up and running, Jan
did in many ways play a crucial role. When we were in internal turmoil,
it was Jan who stepped in and took care of the critical task and saved
the day. And even more important it was Jan who early on spotted the
opportunity in the idea of the "new" chapters. And as an volunteer he
and Holger spend almost a year filling in application forms, budgets
etc, which become the excellent base for the fully fledged chapter that
been here since

Kudos for all what you have done and wishing you all the best for the
future!

Anders
who still will meet you Wednesday when you once more will help me to
interwork with Wikidata, the valuable asset but oh so technically
complicated, but which you so well master

Den 2015-10-08 kl. 10:22, skrev Jan Ainali:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

erikzachte
Dear Jan,

Thank you very much for your immense contributions to the movement!
Not the least of those is your ability to be (and I quote Sandra Rientjes) 'a source of sanity and calm'.
I can't vow for chapter meetings as Sandra does, but I have seen a lot of that on public mailing lists.
Happy editing!

Erik

It is almost on the day 8 years since Jan and I joined the first WMSE board. And while we were many getting the chapters up and running, Jan did in many ways play a crucial role. When we were in internal turmoil, it was Jan who stepped in and took care of the critical task and saved the day. And even more important it was Jan who early on spotted the opportunity in the idea of the "new" chapters. And as an volunteer he and Holger spend almost a year filling in application forms, budgets etc, which become the excellent base for the fully fledged chapter that been here since

Kudos for all what you have done and wishing you all the best for the future!

Anders
who still will meet you Wednesday when you once more will help me to interwork with Wikidata, the valuable asset but oh so technically complicated, but which you so well master

Den 2015-10-08 kl. 10:22, skrev Jan Ainali:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for
> Wikimedia Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and
> Secretary of the board (at different times) and have been involved
> since the founding of the chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an
> understatement to say that the chapter has been a big part of my life.
> I have had the opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey from
> starting the first chapter’s activities to today, with stable
> strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a diversified
> board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met and
> worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to
> move on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already
> in good hands, with a professional board and an office with
> experienced staff members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up
> on my editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing
> lists. If not earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till
> mänsklighetens samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.* Bli medlem.
> <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Richard Symonds-3
Jan,

Sorry to see you go - but we will of course see you in future, I'm sure.
You won't get away that easily ;-)

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 8 October 2015 at 10:10, Erik Zachte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Jan,
>
> Thank you very much for your immense contributions to the movement!
> Not the least of those is your ability to be (and I quote Sandra Rientjes)
> 'a source of sanity and calm'.
> I can't vow for chapter meetings as Sandra does, but I have seen a lot of
> that on public mailing lists.
> Happy editing!
>
> Erik

Aude-2
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.

Huge thanks for everything you have done to help grow the chapter and
provide leadership!

I am very impressed and inspired by all the great stuff Wikimedia Sverige
has been doing, including Wikidata-related (e.g. the menu challenge and
visualiztion challenge) and GLAM initatives.

I am sure the chapter will do just fine with new leadership, and would be
great to have you back as a community person. :)

(PS. and was cool to visit on Monday and see the office.  even more
impressed now and appreciate being welcomed there)

Cheers,
Katie

> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

@wikimediadc / @wikidata

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Daniel Mietchen
Thanks a lot, Jan. I am sure our roads will keep crossing for a while
- just penciled your Open Access Week editathon into my calendar last
night.

d.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:24 PM, aude <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 4:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
>> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
>> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
>> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
>> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
>> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
>> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
>> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
>> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
>> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
>> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
>> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
>> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
>> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
>> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>>
>> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
>> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
>> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>>

> Huge thanks for everything you have done to help grow the chapter and
> provide leadership!
>
> I am very impressed and inspired by all the great stuff Wikimedia Sverige
> has been doing, including Wikidata-related (e.g. the menu challenge and
> visualiztion challenge) and GLAM initatives.
>
> I am sure the chapter will do just fine with new leadership, and would be
> great to have you back as a community person. :)
>
> (PS. and was cool to visit on Monday and see the office.  even more
> impressed now and appreciate being welcomed there)
>
> Cheers,
> Katie
>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> *Jan Ainali*
>> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>>

>> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
>> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
>> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

> @wikimediadc / @wikidata

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Luis Villa
Sorry to hear this, Jan - I've always enjoyed working with you. Good luck
in whatever comes next, and see you on-wiki :)

Luis

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Luis Villa
Sr. Director of Community Engagement
Wikimedia Foundation
*Working towards a world in which every single human being can freely share
in the sum of all knowledge.*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Pavel Richter-3
I will just join the choir and say: Thank you for what you did. I always
enjoyed working with you, and I hope the future treats you as well as you
have treated us Wikimedians ! Stay in touch!!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

Pavel Richter
Mobil: +4915119645755
Twitter: @pavel
Blog: blog.pavelrichter.de

Von meinem Handy aus verschickt / send from my mobile phone
Am 08.10.2015 10:22 schrieb "Jan Ainali" <[hidden email]>:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Yana Welinder-2
Thanks for your work on Wikimedia Sverige, Jan! It's been great to work
with you in that capacity and I look forward to seeing the next great
things you'll do.

Best,
Yana

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Pavel Richter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I will just join the choir and say: Thank you for what you did. I always
> enjoyed working with you, and I hope the future treats you as well as you
> have treated us Wikimedians ! Stay in touch!!
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,
>
> Pavel Richter
> Mobil: +4915119645755
> Twitter: @pavel
> Blog: blog.pavelrichter.de
>
> Von meinem Handy aus verschickt / send from my mobile phone
> Am 08.10.2015 10:22 schrieb "Jan Ainali" <[hidden email]>:
>
> > All,
> >
> > For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> > Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> > board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of
> the
> > chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> > chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> > part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities
> > today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and
> > diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> > and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> > thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> > contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to
> move
> > on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> > hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> > members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> > beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
> >
> > I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on
> my
> > editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If
> not
> > earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > *Jan Ainali*
> > Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
> >

> > *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till
> mänsklighetens
> > samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> > Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Yana Welinder
Legal Director
Wikimedia Foundation
@yanatweets <https://twitter.com/yanatweets>

NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have
received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake.

As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical reasons I
cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community members,
volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. In other words,
IANYL <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IANAL>. For more on what this means,
please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

rupert THURNER-2
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.

i always enjoyed reading your stuff and getting your viewpoint. short,
and clear ...

rupert

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Astrid Carlsen
Hei, Jan

Sorry to see you go!
Lykke til videre!

Astrid

Den torsdag 8. oktober 2015 skrev rupert THURNER <[hidden email]>
følgende:

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> > Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> > board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of
> the
> > chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> > chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> > part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities
> > today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and
> > diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> > and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> > thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> > contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to
> move
> > on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> > hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> > members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> > beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
> >
> > I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on
> my
> > editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If
> not
> > earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> i always enjoyed reading your stuff and getting your viewpoint. short,
> and clear ...
>
> rupert

Vennlig hilsen

Astrid Carlsen
Daglig leder, Wikimedia Norge
Mob  +47 41105154
http://no.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Nicole Ebber
Thank you, Jan! It's always been a pleasure working with you, learning
from you, and laughing with you.

All the best for your future endeavours, I hope to see you around.

Nicole

On 8 October 2015 at 10:22, Jan Ainali <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> For the last three years I have been the Executive Director for Wikimedia
> Sverige. Before that I have been Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary of the
> board (at different times) and have been involved since the founding of the
> chapter in 2007. It is perhaps even an understatement to say that the
> chapter has been a big part of my life. I have had the opportunity to be
> part of a fantastic journey from starting the first chapter’s activities to
> today, with stable strategic activities, seven people in the office, and a
> diversified board. It has been an awesome time in my life and I have met
> and worked with some truly wonderful persons along the way, and I am
> thankful to all of you that have made it so inspiring. But now, as my
> contract is about to come to an end, I feel that it is time for me to move
> on to new endeavours. I am confident that the chapter is already in good
> hands, with a professional board and an office with experienced staff
> members and functional processes, but I’ll be around until at least the
> beginning of January to make it a smooth transition.
>
> I will obviously always be a wikimedian at heart and probably pick up on my
> editing again and I will also stay subscribed to most mailing lists. If not
> earlier, I’ll see you in Esino Lario.
>
> Best regards,
>
> *Jan Ainali*
> Executive director, Wikimedia Sverige <http://wikimedia.se>
>

> *Tänk dig en värld där varje människa har fri tillgång till mänsklighetens
> samlade kunskap. Det är det vi gör.*
> Bli medlem. <http://blimedlem.wikimedia.se>

Nicole Ebber
Vorstandsreferentin Internationale Beziehungen
Adviser to the ED, International Relations

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/681/51985.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'll be moving on

Ricordisamoa
It is not a farewell but a new welcome!