[Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Milos Rancic-2
For those who care, I'm back.

My absence wasn't related to Wikimedia. It was about first world
problems, which hit me quite hard. I never thought that the transition
from the second to the first world problems would be painful. Few
years ago I'd have called it "decadence".

So, lesson learned.

Anyway, I thought that I would see something completely different here
and was worried a bit about my ability to adapt. But, I see that
everything is as it was. Good old heated debates. And known [virtual]
faces :D

I feel I am home again :)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Richard Symonds-3
Great to have you back :-)
On 17 Apr 2014 21:48, "Milos Rancic" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those who care, I'm back.
>
> My absence wasn't related to Wikimedia. It was about first world
> problems, which hit me quite hard. I never thought that the transition
> from the second to the first world problems would be painful. Few
> years ago I'd have called it "decadence".
>
> So, lesson learned.
>
> Anyway, I thought that I would see something completely different here
> and was worried a bit about my ability to adapt. But, I see that
> everything is as it was. Good old heated debates. And known [virtual]
> faces :D
>
> I feel I am home again :)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

David Richfield
Welcome back Milos!

I knew this day would come, and I look forward to meeting you again
and discussing language, philosophy and Wiki stuff.

David

--
David Richfield
[[:en:User:Slashme]]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Erik Zachte-3
Welcome back, Milos :-)

Erik

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Andy Mabbett-2
On 17 April 2014 21:47, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those who care, I'm back.

This is obviously connected to the fact that tonight I drank the
bottle of Jelen Pivo that I brought back from Belgrade!

> My absence wasn't related to Wikimedia. It was about first world
> problems, which hit me quite hard.

Hope all is well with you now.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Nathan Awrich
Welcome back Millosh! Luckily I feel like you never left, because your FB
commentary is often so interesting :P

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

JP Béland
Welcome back.

JP aka Amqui

> Welcome back Millosh! Luckily I feel like you never left, because your FB
> commentary is often so interesting :P

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Philippe Beaudette-3
Hasn't been the same without you.  Welcome.

*Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
 T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  [hidden email]  |  :
@Philippewiki<https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:09 PM, JP Béland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome back.
>
> JP aka Amqui

> > Welcome back Millosh! Luckily I feel like you never left, because your FB
> > commentary is often so interesting :P

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Ivan Martínez
Glad to read you again my friend.

Kindly regards.
El abr 17, 2014 3:48 p.m., "Milos Rancic" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> For those who care, I'm back.
>
> My absence wasn't related to Wikimedia. It was about first world
> problems, which hit me quite hard. I never thought that the transition
> from the second to the first world problems would be painful. Few
> years ago I'd have called it "decadence".
>
> So, lesson learned.
>
> Anyway, I thought that I would see something completely different here
> and was worried a bit about my ability to adapt. But, I see that
> everything is as it was. Good old heated debates. And known [virtual]
> faces :D
>
> I feel I am home again :)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Carlos M. Colina
Welcome back :-)

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Interested in your old haunts at the language committee ? Any way, wb !
Thanks,
    Gerard

On 17 April 2014 22:47, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those who care, I'm back.
>
> My absence wasn't related to Wikimedia. It was about first world
> problems, which hit me quite hard. I never thought that the transition
> from the second to the first world problems would be painful. Few
> years ago I'd have called it "decadence".
>
> So, lesson learned.
>
> Anyway, I thought that I would see something completely different here
> and was worried a bit about my ability to adapt. But, I see that
> everything is as it was. Good old heated debates. And known [virtual]
> faces :D
>
> I feel I am home again :)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Andrea Zanni-2
Welcome back!

Andrea

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hoi,
> Interested in your old haunts at the language committee ? Any way, wb !
> Thanks,
>     Gerard
>

> On 17 April 2014 22:47, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > For those who care, I'm back.
> >
> > My absence wasn't related to Wikimedia. It was about first world
> > problems, which hit me quite hard. I never thought that the transition
> > from the second to the first world problems would be painful. Few
> > years ago I'd have called it "decadence".
> >
> > So, lesson learned.
> >
> > Anyway, I thought that I would see something completely different here
> > and was worried a bit about my ability to adapt. But, I see that
> > everything is as it was. Good old heated debates. And known [virtual]
> > faces :D
> >
> > I feel I am home again :)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Milos Rancic-2
Thank to all for welcome :)

I am good. It was nothing which good introspection, some formal
education and rational thinking wasn't able to solve. Besides that, I
was better at the time when I decided to leave Wikimedia for a while.
That was the product of rational decision.

Andy, Serbian beer is like English wine: it exists, it's consisted of
ethanol -- among the other things --, you can drink it without serious
consequences to your health, but it's not for hoarding :P Rakija is
the right Serbian product. Do you remember drinking it in Pristina? Or
not? :P

David, yes, I thought the same :) Just didn't know when.

Nathan, the fact that I stopped contributing to this list doesn't mean
that I suddenly stopped being attention whore ;)

And now it's time for plans. Although I am willing to do everything, I
have to limit my enthusiasm not to be overwhelmed again. So, small
steps:

* I'm de facto in charge for Wikimedia Serbia microgrant projects.
Searching for new Wikimedians locally.
* Coming back to the Language committee. There are 3000 languages
which Wikimedia could save.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Andy Mabbett-2
On 18 April 2014 14:20, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rakija is the right Serbian product. Do you remember drinking it
> in Pristina? Or not? :P

Unfortunately, I remember both drinking the lovely Rakija, and the
morning after...

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Martijn Hoekstra
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 18 April 2014 14:20, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Rakija is the right Serbian product. Do you remember drinking it
> > in Pristina? Or not? :P
>
> Unfortunately, I remember both drinking the lovely Rakija, and the
> morning after...

If you do it the right way, you shouldn't remember the former.

Anyway, let me jump on the "welcome back" bandwagon. As someone already
said in your goodbye email, even while you temporarily left, it's
impossible to stop being a WikiMedian. Welcome back to active duty.

> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Arnau Duran
Great news, Milos; welcome back!. btw- I also remember Rakija from
Pristina. :)

Take care.

Arnau Duran Ferrero - Amical Wikimedia

> On 18 April 2014 14:20, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Rakija is the right Serbian product. Do you remember drinking it
> > in Pristina? Or not? :P
>
> Unfortunately, I remember both drinking the lovely Rakija, and the
> morning after...
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Amir E. Aharoni
> Andy, Serbian beer is like English wine: it exists, it's consisted of
> ethanol -- among the other things --, you can drink it without serious
> consequences to your health, but it's not for hoarding :P Rakija is
> the right Serbian product. Do you remember drinking it in Pristina? Or
> not? :P

I had some Raki Rrushi in Prishtina:
http://aharoni.wordpress.com/2014/04/03/wikiacademy-kosovo-2014-or-this-israeli-geek-made-a-joke-about-hobbits-you-wont-believe-what-happened-next/

I also some Macedonian beer there, which was not bad at all.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Russavia
Andy

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Andy Mabbett <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 18 April 2014 14:20, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Rakija is the right Serbian product. Do you remember drinking it
> > in Pristina? Or not? :P
>
> Unfortunately, I remember both drinking the lovely Rakija, and the
> morning after...

Was the morning after something like this?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Balkanball_shenanigans.png

Cheers

Russavia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] I'm back

Milos Rancic-2
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM, Russavia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Was the morning after something like this?
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Balkanball_shenanigans.png

True, the only way how Serbs are getting really drunk. It has to be
about the strength of rakija made by someone else, not necessarily of
other ethnicity.

But it was not the case with Andy. He was just regularly unprepared
Northerner, thinking that he's drinking whiskey or vodka. Nobody else
complained about the effects of rakija :)