[Wikimedia-l] Iberoconf 2019 - Declaration of Santiago regarding affiliates' rights and responsabilities

[Wikimedia-l] Iberoconf 2019 - Declaration of Santiago regarding affiliates' rights and responsabilities

Osmar Valdebenito-3
Hello friends,

I would like to share with you the declaration made by most of the
participants in the last Iberoconf meeting in Santiago, hosted by Wikimedia
Chile between February 8-10th. The meeting had representatives of 13
affiliates from Ibero America and Italy, plus Wikimedia Foundation staff
members, two members of the BoT of the WMF and other guests.

The "Declaration of Santiago" (in Spanish: Carta de Santiago) is a
statement made by Iberocoop members regarding to rights and
responsabilities between different affiliates (chapters and user groups)
and the current rules regarding their formation. The statement is the
result of the discussion after long formal and informal discussions between
us.

English:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iberocoop:Iberoconf_2019/Carta_de_Santiago
Spanish:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iberocoop:Iberoconf_2019/Carta_de_Santiago/es

Kind regards,

Osmar Valdebenito G.
Wikimedia Chile trustee
Iberoconf 2019 organizer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Iberoconf 2019 - Declaration of Santiago regarding affiliates' rights and responsabilities

Paulo Santos Perneta
A Portuguese version is also available now:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iberocoop:Iberoconf_2019/Carta_de_Santiago/pt

Paulo

Osmar Valdebenito <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia sexta,
22/02/2019 à(s) 01:43:

> Hello friends,
>
> I would like to share with you the declaration made by most of the
> participants in the last Iberoconf meeting in Santiago, hosted by Wikimedia
> Chile between February 8-10th. The meeting had representatives of 13
> affiliates from Ibero America and Italy, plus Wikimedia Foundation staff
> members, two members of the BoT of the WMF and other guests.
>
> The "Declaration of Santiago" (in Spanish: Carta de Santiago) is a
> statement made by Iberocoop members regarding to rights and
> responsabilities between different affiliates (chapters and user groups)
> and the current rules regarding their formation. The statement is the
> result of the discussion after long formal and informal discussions between
> us.
>
> English:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iberocoop:Iberoconf_2019/Carta_de_Santiago
> Spanish:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Iberocoop:Iberoconf_2019/Carta_de_Santiago/es
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Osmar Valdebenito G.
> Wikimedia Chile trustee
> Iberoconf 2019 organizer

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Iberoconf 2019 - Declaration of Santiago regarding affiliates' rights and responsabilities

Risker
Thank you very much for bringing this to the attention of the broader
community, Osmar.  I will note that the gist of this statement was recently
discussed by the Roles & Responsibilities Strategy Working Group[1] and we
noted that it reflects and expands upon several points we had found during
our research.  We will take these points into consideration as we develop
our recommendations.

Risker/Anne
(As a member of the R&R Strategy Working Group)

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Working_Groups/Roles_%26_Responsibilities