[Wikimedia-l] International Commons Contest WLL Recruiting International Team

[Wikimedia-l] International Commons Contest WLL Recruiting International Team

Rupika Sharma
 Hello friends,

We are pleased to announce that *Wiki Loves Love* is recruiting volunteers
for the international team.
Application deadline: August 1, 2018

*But What Is WLL?*
Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of
Wikimedia Commons that is to take place — with the subject love
testimonials — in various locale places. The primary goal of the
competition is to collect photos of love testimonials through human
cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender
gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate
articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia
Foundation (WMF) projects.

*Positions Open:*
Communication and media
Community liaison
Community outreach
Finance team
Tech team: to design banners and templates

Find out more on: https://t.co/D1yeNclTRm
Don't forget to spread the word!

Cheers!
Rupika Sharma

Re: [Wikimedia-l] International Commons Contest WLL Recruiting International Team

geni
On 25 June 2018 at 08:37, Rupika Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hello friends,
>
> We are pleased to announce that *Wiki Loves Love* is recruiting volunteers
> for the international team.
> Application deadline: August 1, 2018
>
> *But What Is WLL?*
> Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of
> Wikimedia Commons that is to take place — with the subject love
> testimonials — in various locale places. The primary goal of the
> competition is to collect photos of love testimonials through human
> cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender
> gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate
> articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia
> Foundation (WMF) projects.
>
> *Positions Open:*
> Communication and media
> Community liaison
> Community outreach
> Finance team
> Tech team: to design banners and templates
>
> Find out more on: https://t.co/D1yeNclTRm
> Don't forget to spread the word!
>
> Cheers!
> Rupika Sharma

To be blunt. Who are you? I can't find any links to user accounts or
existing chapters. Just a throwaway Gmail address and medium account.

--
geni

Re: [Wikimedia-l] International Commons Contest WLL Recruiting International Team

Rupika Sharma
Hi Geni,

To answer your question, I am from Punjabi Wikimedians User Group, Username
: Wikilover90.
@psychoslave and I are the Organizers of this contest.

You can find more about the contest at:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Love_2018#WLL_team

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Love

https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesLove/

https://www.twitter.com/wikiloveslove

Thank you for your interest!

Best Regards,
Rupika Sharma
Co-Founder
Punjabi Wikimedians

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 2:54 PM geni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25 June 2018 at 08:37, Rupika Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  Hello friends,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce that *Wiki Loves Love* is recruiting
> volunteers
> > for the international team.
> > Application deadline: August 1, 2018
> >
> > *But What Is WLL?*
> > Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of
> > Wikimedia Commons that is to take place — with the subject love
> > testimonials — in various locale places. The primary goal of the
> > competition is to collect photos of love testimonials through human
> > cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender
> > gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate
> > articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other
> Wikimedia
> > Foundation (WMF) projects.
> >
> > *Positions Open:*
> > Communication and media
> > Community liaison
> > Community outreach
> > Finance team
> > Tech team: to design banners and templates
> >
> > Find out more on: https://t.co/D1yeNclTRm
> > Don't forget to spread the word!
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Rupika Sharma
>

> To be blunt. Who are you? I can't find any links to user accounts or
> existing chapters. Just a throwaway Gmail address and medium account.
>
> --
> geni

Re: [Wikimedia-l] International Commons Contest WLL Recruiting International Team

bobby shabangu
Great thanks for the links I'll check it out.

Regards,
Bobby Shabangu