[Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

[Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

Kirill Lokshin
Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
has approved the recognition of Wikimedia Medicine [1] as a Wikimedia
thematic organisation.

Over the past several years, Wikimedia Medicine has successfully planned
and executed a significant program portfolio, attracting new contributors
and forming partnerships with both movement affiliates and external
institutional partners around the world.  Wikimedia Medicine is an
ambitious, innovative, and highly effective organization that has
demonstrated a substantial record of independent programmatic impact and
continues to foster innovation and collaboration with numerous other
entities across the Wikimedia movement.

Wikimedia Medicine's efforts to deliver critical medical information to
underserved and underrepresented communities reflect the principles of
infrastructure and inclusiveness espoused in the Wikimedia movement
strategic direction, and represent a key potential area of growth for
emerging movement communities.  The recognition of Wikimedia Medicine as a
Wikimedia thematic organisation reinforces the our movementā€™s shared
commitment to this direction, and will support Wikimedia Medicine's future
partnerships with high-profile government institutions and NGOs.

Wikimedia Medicine is our first truly global thematic organisation, and we
hope that this recognition will be the first of many as our community of
globally-focused Wikimedia user groups continues to evolve.

I want to thank everyone who has been involved with setting up the new
thematic organisation, and recognize their commitment and patience over the
past year as we've worked through the thematic organisation recognition
process.  Please join me in congratulating the entire Wikimedia Medicine
team for their accomplishment!

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

camelia boban
Many congratulations to Wikimedia Medicine, so happy for this
recognitionšŸ¾šŸŽ‰.

Camelia, WikiDonne User Group

--
*Camelia Boban*

*| Java EE Developer |*

*Affiliations Committee - **Wikimedia *Foundation
Coordinator - Diversity Working Group for Wikimedia Strategy 2030
Chair & co-founder - WikiDonne User Group *| WikiDonne Project ideator*

*Diversity Space @ Wikimania 2019 Co-Lead*
WMIT - WMSE - WMCH - WMAR Member

M. +39 3383385545
[hidden email]
*Aissa Technologies* <http://aissatechnologies.eu/>* | *Twitter
<https://twitter.com/cameliaboban> *|* *LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/camelia-boban-31319122>*
*Wikipedia <https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Camelia.boban> **| **WikiDonne
UG <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiDonne>* | *WikiDonne Project
<https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:WikiDonne> *

Il giorno mer 31 lug 2019 alle ore 17:25 Kirill Lokshin <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> has approved the recognition of Wikimedia Medicine [1] as a Wikimedia
> thematic organisation.
>
> Over the past several years, Wikimedia Medicine has successfully planned
> and executed a significant program portfolio, attracting new contributors
> and forming partnerships with both movement affiliates and external
> institutional partners around the world.  Wikimedia Medicine is an
> ambitious, innovative, and highly effective organization that has
> demonstrated a substantial record of independent programmatic impact and
> continues to foster innovation and collaboration with numerous other
> entities across the Wikimedia movement.
>
> Wikimedia Medicine's efforts to deliver critical medical information to
> underserved and underrepresented communities reflect the principles of
> infrastructure and inclusiveness espoused in the Wikimedia movement
> strategic direction, and represent a key potential area of growth for
> emerging movement communities.  The recognition of Wikimedia Medicine as a
> Wikimedia thematic organisation reinforces the our movementā€™s shared
> commitment to this direction, and will support Wikimedia Medicine's future
> partnerships with high-profile government institutions and NGOs.
>
> Wikimedia Medicine is our first truly global thematic organisation, and we
> hope that this recognition will be the first of many as our community of
> globally-focused Wikimedia user groups continues to evolve.
>
> I want to thank everyone who has been involved with setting up the new
> thematic organisation, and recognize their commitment and patience over the
> past year as we've worked through the thematic organisation recognition
> process.  Please join me in congratulating the entire Wikimedia Medicine
> team for their accomplishment!
>
> Regards,
> Kirill Lokshin
> Chair, Affiliations Committee
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

Rajeeb Dutta
Great news and many many congratulations to Wikimedia Medicine and all the people involved in making this happen.
Thanks Kirill for the update.

Best Regards,
Rajeeb Dutta.
(U: Marajozkee)
Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
>> partnerships with high-profile government institutions and NGOs.
>>
>> Wikimedia Medicine is our first truly global thematic organisation, and we
>> hope that this recognition will be the first of many as our community of
>> globally-focused Wikimedia user groups continues to evolve.
>>
>> I want to thank everyone who has been involved with setting up the new
>> thematic organisation, and recognize their commitment and patience over the
>> past year as we've worked through the thematic organisation recognition
>> process.  Please join me in congratulating the entire Wikimedia Medicine
>> team for their accomplishment!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kirill Lokshin
>> Chair, Affiliations Committee
>>
>> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

FULBERT-2
Excellent news for Wikimedia Medicine, and hopefully for the increased impact its efforts will have on healthcare knowledge sharing and engagement.

-----

With Incredulity toward Metanarratives,

Jeffrey
User:FULBERT
[hidden email]

> On Jul 31, 2019, at 11:25 AM, Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> has approved the recognition of Wikimedia Medicine [1] as a Wikimedia
> thematic organisation.
>
> Over the past several years, Wikimedia Medicine has successfully planned
> and executed a significant program portfolio, attracting new contributors
> and forming partnerships with both movement affiliates and external
> institutional partners around the world.  Wikimedia Medicine is an
> ambitious, innovative, and highly effective organization that has
> demonstrated a substantial record of independent programmatic impact and
> continues to foster innovation and collaboration with numerous other
> entities across the Wikimedia movement.
>
> Wikimedia Medicine's efforts to deliver critical medical information to
> underserved and underrepresented communities reflect the principles of
> infrastructure and inclusiveness espoused in the Wikimedia movement
> strategic direction, and represent a key potential area of growth for
> emerging movement communities.  The recognition of Wikimedia Medicine as a
> Wikimedia thematic organisation reinforces the our movementā€™s shared
> commitment to this direction, and will support Wikimedia Medicine's future
> partnerships with high-profile government institutions and NGOs.
>
> Wikimedia Medicine is our first truly global thematic organisation, and we
> hope that this recognition will be the first of many as our community of
> globally-focused Wikimedia user groups continues to evolve.
>
> I want to thank everyone who has been involved with setting up the new
> thematic organisation, and recognize their commitment and patience over the
> past year as we've worked through the thematic organisation recognition
> process.  Please join me in congratulating the entire Wikimedia Medicine
> team for their accomplishment!
>
> Regards,
> Kirill Lokshin
> Chair, Affiliations Committee
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

Shani Evenstein
Thank you, Kirill, and all who have been involved in making this a
reality!

It's an exciting moment in our growth as an organization and we are
thrilled to be recognized as a Thematic Organization.
As Kirill mentioned, we do hope that this will lead the way for the scaling
of other cross-movement thematic efforts.

We look forward to continuing working with affiliates in the movement and
especially expanding our collaborations with affiliates we haven't had the
chance to work closely with, as we scale our efforts worldwide. If you are
interested in working with us, please feel free to contact us at:
[hidden email]

We look forward to meeting some of you in the Health Space at Wikimania
<https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Health>, where you'll be able to
find out more about what we've been doing and how you can join forces with
us.

Best,

Shani Evenstein
Chairperson, Wikimedia Medicine.

*Shani Evenstein Sigalov*
* Lecturer, Tel Aviv University.
* EdTech Innovation Strategist, NY/American Medical Program, Sackler School
of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
* PhD Candidate, School of Education, Tel Aviv University.
* OER & Emerging Technologies Coordinator, UNESCO Chair
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495> on Technology, Internationalization
and Education, School of Education, Tel Aviv University
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495>.
* Chairperson, Wikimedia Medicine
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med>.
* Chairperson, Wikipedia & Education User Group
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_%26_Education_User_Group>.
* Chairperson, The Hebrew Literature Digitization Society
<http://www.israelgives.org/amuta/580428621>.
* Chief Editor, Project Ben-Yehuda <http://bybe.benyehuda.org>.
+972-525640648

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 6:58 PM Rajeeb Dutta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> Wikimedia Medicine is our first truly global thematic organisation, and
> we
> >> hope that this recognition will be the first of many as our community of
> >> globally-focused Wikimedia user groups continues to evolve.
> >>
> >> I want to thank everyone who has been involved with setting up the new
> >> thematic organisation, and recognize their commitment and patience over
> the
> >> past year as we've worked through the thematic organisation recognition
> >> process.  Please join me in congratulating the entire Wikimedia Medicine
> >> team for their accomplishment!
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Kirill Lokshin
> >> Chair, Affiliations Committee
> >>
> >> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

Toni Hermoso Pulido-4
As a member and current Chairperson of the first thematic organization,
but not the only one anymore, I would like to congratulate you for this
achievement.

Looking forward to exchanging experiences and working together!

El 7/31/19 a les 7:04 PM, Shani Evenstein ha escrit:

> [...]
>>>
>>> M. +39 3383385545
>>> [hidden email]
>>> *Aissa Technologies* <http://aissatechnologies.eu/>* | *Twitter
>>> <https://twitter.com/cameliaboban> *|* *LinkedIn
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/camelia-boban-31319122>*
>>> *Wikipedia <https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Camelia.boban> **|
>> **WikiDonne
>>> UG <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiDonne>* | *WikiDonne Project
>>> <https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:WikiDonne> *

>> Trustees

>> contributors

>> as a
>> future

>> we

>> the

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

Leila Zia
[with my volunteer hat on.]

I am really excited to hear about this news. Thanks for sharing it with us,
and congratulations to all of you involved. :)

Leila

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 11:27 AM Toni Hermoso Pulido <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > * OER & Emerging Technologies Coordinator, UNESCO Chair
> > <https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495> on Technology,
> Internationalization
> > and Education, School of Education, Tel Aviv University
> > <https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495>.
> > * Chairperson, Wikimedia Medicine
> > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Project_Med>.
> > * Chairperson, Wikipedia & Education User Group
> > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_%26_Education_User_Group>.
> > * Chairperson, The Hebrew Literature Digitization Society
> > <http://www.israelgives.org/amuta/580428621>.
> > * Chief Editor, Project Ben-Yehuda <http://bybe.benyehuda.org>.
> > +972-525640648
> >

> > On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 6:58 PM Rajeeb Dutta <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Great news and many many congratulations to Wikimedia Medicine and all

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

Paulo Santos Perneta
Those are really great news to the "health" of our movement,
congratulations and thanks to all those who helped making this a reality! :D

Paulo

Shani Evenstein <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia quarta, 31/07/2019
Ć (s) 18:05:

> [...]
>> > *Aissa Technologies* <http://aissatechnologies.eu/>* | *Twitter
>> > <https://twitter.com/cameliaboban> *|* *LinkedIn
>> > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/camelia-boban-31319122>*
>> > *Wikipedia <https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Camelia.boban> **|
>> **WikiDonne
>> > UG <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiDonne>* | *WikiDonne Project
>> > <https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progetto:WikiDonne> *

>> Trustees

>> planned
>> contributors
>> and

>> as a
>> future

>> and we
>> of

>> over the
>> Medicine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] Introducing our newest thematic organisation, Wikimedia Medicine

KuboF Hromoslav
Great news! Big congratulation and thank to all involved in making
Wikimedia Medicine a reality!

KuboF Hromoslav

st 31. 7. 2019 o 17:25 Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]> napĆ­sal(a):