Quantcast

[Wikimedia-l] Invitation to WMF March 2017 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, March 23, 18:00 UTC

[Wikimedia-l] Invitation to WMF March 2017 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, March 23, 18:00 UTC

Lena Traer
Hello everyone,

The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take
place on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 6:00 PM UTC (11 AM PDT). The IRC
channel is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be
broadcast as a live YouTube stream.

The theme of the March meeting is: “Wikimedia for the world” –
understanding how we can better serve and include people around the world
in the Wikimedia movement.

Meeting agenda:

* Welcomes, theme introduction
* Movement update
* Wiki Women's History on social media
* Wiki Indaba update
* Movement strategy update
* Questions and discussion
* Wikilove

Please review
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_metrics_and_activities_meetings
for further information about the meeting and how to participate.

We’ll post the video recording publicly after the meeting.

Thank you,
Lena

Lena Traer
Project Assistant // Communications // Advancement

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Invitation to WMF March 2017 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, March 23, 18:00 UTC

Lena Traer
REMINDER: This meeting starts in 30 minutes.

*Update/change to Movement update:* Please note we are changing the
Movement update section of the meeting to include the main highlight of
each community story, activity, or project mentioned. We are sharing
metrics and more details for each story in the appendix of the metrics
presentation deck (which will be uploaded on the meta page after the
meeting) and below in the body of this email.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Lena Traer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take
> place on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 6:00 PM UTC (11 AM PDT). The IRC
> channel is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be
> broadcast as a live YouTube stream.
>
> The theme of the March meeting is: “Wikimedia for the world” –
> understanding how we can better serve and include people around the world
> in the Wikimedia movement.
>
> Meeting agenda:
>
> * Welcomes, theme introduction
> * Movement update
> * Wiki Women's History on social media
> * Wiki Indaba update
> * Movement strategy update
> * Questions and discussion
> * Wikilove
>
> Please review
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_
> metrics_and_activities_meetings
> for further information about the meeting and how to participate.
>
> We’ll post the video recording publicly after the meeting.
>
> Thank you,
> Lena

*March 23, 2017 metrics meeting -- Movement update Appendix*

Wiki Loves Africa 2016
*Multimedia contest to capture the rich African heritage through dance,
music and movement.
*3rd issue of the contest in a row.
*10 participating countries, almost 8,000 media uploaded through the
campaign.
*International winners are still to be announced.
*More: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Africa_2016

Intercultur
*An editing challenge with focus on Spain’s 8 spoken languages: Aragonese,
Asturian, Basque, Catalan, Extremaduran, Galician, Occitan and Spanish.
*22 participants, 278 articles edited
*More information: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Intercultur

The women you have never met
*A global writing contest with a focus on women’s biographies.
*March 4 - April 9, 2017
*18 participating countries so far, from 7 different regions in the world.
You can join as organizer, too!
*More information:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_Women_You_Have_Never_Met