[Wikimedia-l] Invitation to WMF May 2017 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, May 25, 18:00 UTC

[Wikimedia-l] Invitation to WMF May 2017 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, May 25, 18:00 UTC

Lena Traer
Hello everyone,

The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take
place on Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 6:00 PM UTC (11 AM PDT). The IRC channel
is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be broadcast
as a live YouTube stream.[1]

During the May metrics meeting, we'll hear research and stories about
developing an inclusive Wikimedia movement. We'll explore some of our
challenges to becoming an inclusive movement, and what people around the
movement are doing to create a more inclusive, welcoming space where
everyone can participate.

Meeting agenda:

* Welcomes, theme introduction
* Movement update
* New filters for edit review
* The Keilana effect
* Executive update
* Questions and discussion
* Wikilove

Please review
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_metrics_and_activities_meetings
for further information about the meeting and how to participate.

We’ll post the video recording publicly after the meeting.

Thank you,
Lena

[1] https://youtu.be/rAGwQdLyFb4

Lena Traer
Project Assistant // Communications // Advancement

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Invitation to WMF May 2017 Metrics & Activities Meeting: Thursday, May 25, 18:00 UTC

Lena Traer
REMINDER: This meeting starts in 30 minutes.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Lena Traer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The next Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities meeting will take
> place on Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 6:00 PM UTC (11 AM PDT). The IRC channel
> is #wikimedia-office on irc.freenode.net, and the meeting will be
> broadcast as a live YouTube stream.[1]
>
> During the May metrics meeting, we'll hear research and stories about
> developing an inclusive Wikimedia movement. We'll explore some of our
> challenges to becoming an inclusive movement, and what people around the
> movement are doing to create a more inclusive, welcoming space where
> everyone can participate.
>
> Meeting agenda:
>
> * Welcomes, theme introduction
> * Movement update
> * New filters for edit review
> * The Keilana effect
> * Executive update
> * Questions and discussion
> * Wikilove
>
> Please review
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_
> metrics_and_activities_meetings
> for further information about the meeting and how to participate.
>
> We’ll post the video recording publicly after the meeting.
>
> Thank you,
> Lena
>
> [1] https://youtu.be/rAGwQdLyFb4
>
> Lena Traer
> Project Assistant // Communications // Advancement
> Wikimedia Foundation

*May 25, 2017 metrics meeting -- Movement update Appendix *

WikiMed
* January 2017 marked the completion of the 4th iteration of the course.
* 106 medical students participated in the course, almost 50% of them women.
* The majority of participants were Hebrew native speakers, but many were
Arabic native speakers, and some Russian and French native speakers.
* On average, each student wrote 2 articles during the semester,
collectively contributing over 200 new articles (about 8% of the medical
content on Hebrew Wikipedia), which by now got over 4 millions page views.
* More information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sackler_Faculty_of_Medicine_at_Tel_Aviv_University

Art + Feminism
* March 2017 marked the completion of the 4th annual Wikipedia edit-a-thon.
* 2,500 participants across 200 events in 42 countries around the world
created or improved 6,500 articles. Almost double the outcomes from the
2016 campaign.
* Anyone can participate, by joining an event, or organizing their own with
their local community. To this end, there is an organizer’s kit available
for consultation.
* More information:
https://artandfeminism.tumblr.com/post/159717690675/the-results-are-in-over-2500-participants-at

Wikiquote at the hospital
* A project to work with patients from a mental institution. Coordinated by
User:Jaluj, funded with a Rapid Grant.
* Editing skills as a way to construct a more inclusive society: “[He found
the workshop] useful because the negative thoughts, which told him that he
would not be able to do anything, disappeared when he managed to began to
edit.”
* Many valuable lessons on how to work with patients from a mental health
institution, and how it can influence their relationship to other people.
* More information:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Rapid/Jaluj/Wikiquote_at_the_hospital/Report