[Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

[Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Pavel Richter-3
Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,

today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
Wikimedia Deutschland.

For 2012 days, I had the great opportunity and the tremendous pleasure to
work for one of the greatest causes I can think of: Free Knowledge for
everybody. What Wikimedia does is nothing short of changing the world, one
edit at a time.

I reflect a little about this in this blog post:
http://blog.pavelrichter.de/2012-days-later/

Thank you all for the best time I had in my (professional) life. Of course,
while I leave my job, I will not leave the Wikimedia movement. Looking
forward to this!

Cheers,

Pavel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Andrea Zanni-2
Goodbye Pavel,
it has been a pleasure.
And as you said last Chapters Conference,
please take care of yourself.
Of course, we hope to see you around :-)

Aubrey

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Pavel Richter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,
>
> today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
> Wikimedia Deutschland.
>
> For 2012 days, I had the great opportunity and the tremendous pleasure to
> work for one of the greatest causes I can think of: Free Knowledge for
> everybody. What Wikimedia does is nothing short of changing the world, one
> edit at a time.
>
> I reflect a little about this in this blog post:
> http://blog.pavelrichter.de/2012-days-later/
>
> Thank you all for the best time I had in my (professional) life. Of course,
> while I leave my job, I will not leave the Wikimedia movement. Looking
> forward to this!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pavel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Vishnu t
Dear Pavel,

Best wishes for day 2013.... and onward!

See you around.

Vishnu

On 01/29/2015 11:50 PM, Andrea Zanni wrote:

> Goodbye Pavel,
> it has been a pleasure.
> And as you said last Chapters Conference,
> please take care of yourself.
> Of course, we hope to see you around :-)
>
> Aubrey
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Pavel Richter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,
>>
>> today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
>> Wikimedia Deutschland.
>>
>> For 2012 days, I had the great opportunity and the tremendous pleasure to
>> work for one of the greatest causes I can think of: Free Knowledge for
>> everybody. What Wikimedia does is nothing short of changing the world, one
>> edit at a time.
>>
>> I reflect a little about this in this blog post:
>> http://blog.pavelrichter.de/2012-days-later/
>>
>> Thank you all for the best time I had in my (professional) life. Of course,
>> while I leave my job, I will not leave the Wikimedia movement. Looking
>> forward to this!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Pavel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Ivan Martínez
Good luck, Pavel!
All the best.

> Dear Pavel,
>
> Best wishes for day 2013.... and onward!
>
> See you around.
>
> Vishnu
>

> On 01/29/2015 11:50 PM, Andrea Zanni wrote:
>
>> Goodbye Pavel,
>> it has been a pleasure.
>> And as you said last Chapters Conference,
>> please take care of yourself.
>> Of course, we hope to see you around :-)
>>
>> Aubrey
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Pavel Richter <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,
>>>
>>> today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
>>> Wikimedia Deutschland.
>>>
>>> For 2012 days, I had the great opportunity and the tremendous pleasure to
>>> work for one of the greatest causes I can think of: Free Knowledge for
>>> everybody. What Wikimedia does is nothing short of changing the world,
>>> one
>>> edit at a time.
>>>
>>> I reflect a little about this in this blog post:
>>> http://blog.pavelrichter.de/2012-days-later/
>>>
>>> Thank you all for the best time I had in my (professional) life. Of
>>> course,
>>> while I leave my job, I will not leave the Wikimedia movement. Looking
>>> forward to this!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Pavel

*Iván Martínez*

*Wikimanía 2015 Chief CoordinatorUser:ProtoplasmaKid
@protoplasmakidhttp://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org
<http://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org>*

Hemos creado la más grande colección de conocimiento compartido. Ayuda a
proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Asaf Bartov-2
Dear Pavel,

you have always been a great ally and an able partner in serving this
movement.  Whenever our paths crossed, it has always been a joy to work
with you, and your professional and yet warm attitude was a constant in any
room you were in.

Best wishes in your next career steps, and see you around the wikis. :)

   Asaf

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Pavel Richter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,
>
> today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
> Wikimedia Deutschland.
>
> For 2012 days, I had the great opportunity and the tremendous pleasure to
> work for one of the greatest causes I can think of: Free Knowledge for
> everybody. What Wikimedia does is nothing short of changing the world, one
> edit at a time.
>
> I reflect a little about this in this blog post:
> http://blog.pavelrichter.de/2012-days-later/
>
> Thank you all for the best time I had in my (professional) life. Of course,
> while I leave my job, I will not leave the Wikimedia movement. Looking
> forward to this!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pavel

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Jan-Bart de Vreede-3
Dear Pavel (& everyone)

Its hard to describe the incredible positive impact that you have had on WMDE and the Wikimedia Movement as a whole. While every affiliates contributes differently  it is fair to say that under your leadership  WMDE has contributed a lot to our movement by facilitating communication between the different affiliates (including all the work on the Wikimedia Conferences and the chapters dialogue project). And of course Wikidata is an incredible project which I cannot praise enough :)

On a more individual note: I think the way you remained on board in order to facilitate a good transition within WMDE says a lot about your incredible character and dedication to our goals!

Very happy to hear that its not a goodbye, and hope to see your impact in the next challenge you choose to take on!

Thank you!

Jan-Bart de Vreede
Chair
Board of Trustees
Wikimedia Foundation

> On 29 Jan 2015, at 08:05, Pavel Richter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,
>
> today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
> Wikimedia Deutschland.
>
> For 2012 days, I had the great opportunity and the tremendous pleasure to
> work for one of the greatest causes I can think of: Free Knowledge for
> everybody. What Wikimedia does is nothing short of changing the world, one
> edit at a time.
>
> I reflect a little about this in this blog post:
> http://blog.pavelrichter.de/2012-days-later/
>
> Thank you all for the best time I had in my (professional) life. Of course,
> while I leave my job, I will not leave the Wikimedia movement. Looking
> forward to this!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pavel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Shlomi Fish
Hi Pavel,

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:05:00 +0100
Pavel Richter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,
>
> today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
> Wikimedia Deutschland.

thanks for all your effort during your serving term and outside it, and good
luck in your future.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Katy Love
Pavel,

Thank you for all your hard work and for all you have done for the
movement.  I very much enjoyed working with you.

I hope that your next adventure brings you joy!

Warm wishes, and best of luck!
Katy

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 1:40 AM, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:05:00 +0100
> Pavel Richter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Friends of Free Knowledge,
> >
> > today is my last day at the office as the former Executive Director of
> > Wikimedia Deutschland.
> >

> thanks for all your effort during your serving term and outside it, and
> good
> luck in your future.
>
> Regards,
>
>         Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
​Dear Pavel,
Best wishes, and best of luck!​

--
*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive :: নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী হাছিব*
Global User: Nhasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Nhasive>

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Director | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operations Committee
<http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>

fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive
| www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Richard Symonds-3
Pavel,

On behalf of all at Wikimedia UK - including Jon, our old Chief Executive
whom I know you had a good relationship with - we're sorry to see you go.

I hope we'll still see you online!

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 31 January 2015 at 06:46, Nurunnaby Hasive <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ​Dear Pavel,
> Best wishes, and best of luck!​
>
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 5:20 AM, Katy Love <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Warm wishes, and best of luck!
>

> --
> *Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive :: নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী হাছিব*
> Global User: Nhasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Nhasive>
> ​
> Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
> <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
> Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
> Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
> Director | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operations Committee
> <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
> ​
> fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype:
> nhasive
> | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Its not goodbye, but au revoir

Ivan Nikčević
Dear Pavel,

Haven't had a chance to meet you but that does not prevent me from wishing
you all the best from me and WMRS :)

*Ivan Nikčević*
Executive Director
Wikimedia Serbia - rs.wikimedia.org -