[Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

[Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

James Alexander-4
Hi all!

Upon request User:Matanya (from the Election Committee) will be hosting a
discussion with the Candidates currently running for the community spots on
the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees[1]. The conversation will take
place at 17:00 UTC (10:00 Pacific) on Sunday May 7th and we currently
expect up to 8 of the 9 Candidates to be able to attend and all candidates
attending will get equal time. If you'd like to watch you can do so on
Youtube[2] and a back channel will be set up for conversation on the
#wikimedia-office IRC channel on Freenode. We will also send a reminder
email to this list shortly before the event.

I hope to see you all there!

1.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2017/Board_of_Trustees
2. The event will be live at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc
once it starts.

For the Election Committee,
James Alexander
Advisor

*James Alexander*
Manager, Trust & Safety

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

metasj
Thanks ElecComm, this is great to hear.   SJ

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:07 PM, James Alexander <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Upon request User:Matanya (from the Election Committee) will be hosting a
> discussion with the Candidates currently running for the community spots on
> the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees[1]. The conversation will take
> place at 17:00 UTC (10:00 Pacific) on Sunday May 7th and we currently
> expect up to 8 of the 9 Candidates to be able to attend and all candidates
> attending will get equal time. If you'd like to watch you can do so on
> Youtube[2] and a back channel will be set up for conversation on the
> #wikimedia-office IRC channel on Freenode. We will also send a reminder
> email to this list shortly before the event.
>
> I hope to see you all there!
>

> 1.
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_
> elections/2017/Board_of_Trustees
> 2. The event will be live at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc
> once it starts.
>
> For the Election Committee,
> James Alexander
> Advisor
>

> *James Alexander*
> Manager, Trust & Safety
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

Lane Rasberry
Since this is live on YouTube, that also means this will be recorded and
available after, right?

Thanks.
On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:20 PM Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks ElecComm, this is great to hear.   SJ
>
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:07 PM, James Alexander <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Upon request User:Matanya (from the Election Committee) will be hosting a
> > discussion with the Candidates currently running for the community spots
> on
> > the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees[1]. The conversation will take
> > place at 17:00 UTC (10:00 Pacific) on Sunday May 7th and we currently
> > expect up to 8 of the 9 Candidates to be able to attend and all
> candidates
> > attending will get equal time. If you'd like to watch you can do so on
> > Youtube[2] and a back channel will be set up for conversation on the
> > #wikimedia-office IRC channel on Freenode. We will also send a reminder
> > email to this list shortly before the event.
> >
> > I hope to see you all there!
> >

> > 1.
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_
> > elections/2017/Board_of_Trustees
> > 2. The event will be live at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc
> > once it starts.
> >
> > For the Election Committee,
> > James Alexander
> > Advisor
> >

> > *James Alexander*
> > Manager, Trust & Safety
> > Wikimedia Foundation

> Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
206.801.0814

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

James Alexander-4
Aye, this will be available (at the same youtube link) starting shortly
after the live stream completes.

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 8:15 AM Lane Rasberry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since this is live on YouTube, that also means this will be recorded and
> available after, right?
>
> Thanks.
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:20 PM Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks ElecComm, this is great to hear.   SJ
> >
> > On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:07 PM, James Alexander <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > Upon request User:Matanya (from the Election Committee) will be
> hosting a
> > > discussion with the Candidates currently running for the community
> spots
> > on
> > > the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees[1]. The conversation will
> take
> > > place at 17:00 UTC (10:00 Pacific) on Sunday May 7th and we currently
> > > expect up to 8 of the 9 Candidates to be able to attend and all
> > candidates
> > > attending will get equal time. If you'd like to watch you can do so on
> > > Youtube[2] and a back channel will be set up for conversation on the
> > > #wikimedia-office IRC channel on Freenode. We will also send a reminder
> > > email to this list shortly before the event.
> > >
> > > I hope to see you all there!
> > >

> > > 1.
> > > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_
> > > elections/2017/Board_of_Trustees
> > > 2. The event will be live at
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc
> > > once it starts.
> > >
> > > For the Election Committee,
> > > James Alexander
> > > Advisor
> > >

> > > *James Alexander*
> > > Manager, Trust & Safety
> > > Wikimedia Foundation

> > Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529
> 4266 <(617)%20529-4266>

> Lane Rasberry
> user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
> 206.801.0814 <(206)%20801-0814>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

James Alexander-4
This is starting now (and will be available for replay later). You can find
the live stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM James Alexander <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Aye, this will be available (at the same youtube link) starting shortly
> after the live stream completes.
>
> On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 8:15 AM Lane Rasberry <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Since this is live on YouTube, that also means this will be recorded and
>> available after, right?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:20 PM Samuel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks ElecComm, this is great to hear.   SJ
>> >
>> > On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:07 PM, James Alexander <
>> [hidden email]>

>> hosting a
>> spots
>> > on
>> take
>> > candidates
>> reminder

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc

>> > --
>> > Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529
>> 4266 <(617)%20529-4266>
>>
>> --
>> Lane Rasberry
>> user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
>> 206.801.0814 <(206)%20801-0814>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

Natacha Rault
Thanks for providing this, very useful and helpful. Nattes à chat

> Le 7 mai 2017 à 19:02, James Alexander <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> This is starting now (and will be available for replay later). You can find
> the live stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc
>
> On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM James Alexander <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Aye, this will be available (at the same youtube link) starting shortly
>> after the live stream completes.
>>
>> On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 8:15 AM Lane Rasberry <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Since this is live on YouTube, that also means this will be recorded and
>>> available after, right?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> hosting a
>>> spots
>>> take
>>> reminder

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc

>>> 4266 <(617)%20529-4266>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lane Rasberry
>>> user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
>>> 206.801.0814 <(206)%20801-0814>
>>> [hidden email]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Join us for a conversation with Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustee candidates

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
chapeau bas to the Election Committee and the staff to organize it on such
a short notice by popular demand!

dj

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 10:25 PM, Natacha Rault <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for providing this, very useful and helpful. Nattes à chat
> > Le 7 mai 2017 à 19:02, James Alexander <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
> >
> > This is starting now (and will be available for replay later). You can
> find
> > the live stream at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhwrJ9qcgc
> >
> > On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM James Alexander <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Aye, this will be available (at the same youtube link) starting shortly
> >> after the live stream completes.

> and

> on

__________________________
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
i grupy badawczej NeRDS
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard: