[Wikimedia-l] Kedu ihe na-eme gị obi ụtọ n'izu a? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 26 May 2019)

[Wikimedia-l] Kedu ihe na-eme gị obi ụtọ n'izu a? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 26 May 2019)

Pine W
 I was happy to read this announcement
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2019-May/092570.html> by
Amir regarding improvements for typing in African languages on Wikimedia
projects. (I hope that the translation of the subject of this week's email
is correct.)

I thought that this
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2019-May/092083.html> was
an interesting WMF Tech Talk regarding WMF and W3C. I felt that it was
encouraging that WMF staff on the call wanted to support the needs and
wishes of Wikimedia readers and contributors. Thank you to WMF for
publicizing this meeting and for collaborating with W3C.

Thank you to engineering and technical staff who take initiative to respond
to problems in a timely and constructive way. Someone who comes to mind is
James Forrester, who has endured years of complaints regarding
VisualEditor. Over time WMF has polished the tool's rough edges, greatly
improved its performance, and added significant functionality. I know that
hearing a barrage of complaints can be difficult, such as happens in this video
clip <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBrK7mqceBs> from *Star Trek: Deep
Space Nine* that is hosted on Youtube. (Yes, another *Star Trek* video. The
title of the episode is shown at the start of the video, which is why it
displays "Honor Among Thieves".) I appreciate James' calm demeanor,
willingness to listen, responsiveness, patience, and perseverance.

What's making you happy this week? You are welcome to comment in any
language.

Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Kedu ihe na-eme gị obi ụtọ n'izu a? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 26 May 2019)

Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής
Hello!
I'm happy for my group and especially for my friend Tasos Paliouras, who is
a teacher at the 4th High School of Saint Dimitrios in Athens, for
completing for the third consecutive year voluntarily the educational
program of our Wikiclub there. Many congratulations are in order  to him
and his students, but also to the School Administration for the completion
of the educational program.
You can see the excellent work of our Wikipedia's little editors on their
blogs:
https://4gym-ag-dimitr-wikiclub.blogspot.com

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2400562050172422&id=1735432253352075

Regards
Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής

Στις Πέμ, 30 Μαΐ 2019 - 1:01 π.μ. ο χρήστης Pine W <[hidden email]>
έγραψε:

>  I was happy to read this announcement
> <https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2019-May/092570.html>
> by
> Amir regarding improvements for typing in African languages on Wikimedia
> projects. (I hope that the translation of the subject of this week's email
> is correct.)
>
> I thought that this
> <https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2019-May/092083.html>
> was
> an interesting WMF Tech Talk regarding WMF and W3C. I felt that it was
> encouraging that WMF staff on the call wanted to support the needs and
> wishes of Wikimedia readers and contributors. Thank you to WMF for
> publicizing this meeting and for collaborating with W3C.
>
> Thank you to engineering and technical staff who take initiative to respond
> to problems in a timely and constructive way. Someone who comes to mind is
> James Forrester, who has endured years of complaints regarding
> VisualEditor. Over time WMF has polished the tool's rough edges, greatly
> improved its performance, and added significant functionality. I know that
> hearing a barrage of complaints can be difficult, such as happens in this
> video
> clip <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBrK7mqceBs> from *Star Trek: Deep
> Space Nine* that is hosted on Youtube. (Yes, another *Star Trek* video. The
> title of the episode is shown at the start of the video, which is why it
> displays "Honor Among Thieves".) I appreciate James' calm demeanor,
> willingness to listen, responsiveness, patience, and perseverance.
>
> What's making you happy this week? You are welcome to comment in any
> language.
>
> Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Kedu ihe na-eme gị obi ụtọ n'izu a? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 26 May 2019)

Paulo Santos Perneta
What is making me happy this week:

   - Helping the NOVA SBE library organizing this great event scheduled for
   next week:
   https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:WikidataDays_2019_Lisbon
   - UG Wiki Movimento Brasil being recognized as a Wikimedia affiliate:
   https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Recognition_of_Grupo_de_Usuários_Wiki_Movimento_Brasil
   - Big Fat Brussels VI:
   https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/EU_policy/Big_Fat_Brussels_Meeting_VI
   - Helping Wikimedia Guinea organize WLE for June
   - Dealing the release of the official photos by the municipality of my
   city Book Fair under CC-BY-SA-4.0

Paulo