[Wikimedia-l] Language Showcase, July 2020

[Wikimedia-l] Language Showcase, July 2020

Amir E. Aharoni
Hello,

This is an announcement about a new installment of the Language Showcase, a
series of presentations about various aspects of language diversity and its
connection to Wikimedia Projects.

This next installment will deal with the translatewiki website, the
Translate extension in general, the latest technical updates in both of
them, and some upcoming projects.

This session is going to be broadcast over Zoom, and a recording will be
published for later viewing.

Please read below for the event details, including local time, joining
links and do let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Amir

== Details ==

# Event: Language Showcase #6

# When: July 22, 2020 (Wednesday) at 13:00 UTC (check local time
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200722T1300 )

# Where:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/99585961221

Meeting ID: 995 8596 1221

# Agenda:

The translatewiki website, the Translate extension in general, the latest
technical updates in both of them, and some upcoming projects.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Mediawiki-i18n] Language Showcase, July 2020

Asaf Bartov-2
Will there be a written summary (of the technical updates, in particular)
for those who would miss or won't make time for the presentation?

   A.

Asaf Bartov (he/him/his)

Senior Program Officer, Emerging Wikimedia Communities

https://donate.wikimedia.org

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 3:34 PM Amir E. Aharoni <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is an announcement about a new installment of the Language Showcase,
> a series of presentations about various aspects of language diversity and
> its connection to Wikimedia Projects.
>
> This next installment will deal with the translatewiki website, the
> Translate extension in general, the latest technical updates in both of
> them, and some upcoming projects.
>
> This session is going to be broadcast over Zoom, and a recording will be
> published for later viewing.
>
> Please read below for the event details, including local time, joining
> links and do let us know if you have any questions.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Amir
>
> == Details ==
>
> # Event: Language Showcase #6
>
> # When: July 22, 2020 (Wednesday) at 13:00 UTC (check local time
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200722T1300 )
>
> # Where:
>
> Join Zoom Meeting
> https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/99585961221
>
> Meeting ID: 995 8596 1221
>
> # Agenda:
>
> The translatewiki website, the Translate extension in general, the latest
> technical updates in both of them, and some upcoming projects.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Language Showcase, July 2020

Jan Ainali-3
Has this also been announced anywhere on-wiki?

Best,
Jan Ainali

Den sön 19 juli 2020 kl 14:34 skrev Amir E. Aharoni <
[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> This is an announcement about a new installment of the Language Showcase, a
> series of presentations about various aspects of language diversity and its
> connection to Wikimedia Projects.
>
> This next installment will deal with the translatewiki website, the
> Translate extension in general, the latest technical updates in both of
> them, and some upcoming projects.
>
> This session is going to be broadcast over Zoom, and a recording will be
> published for later viewing.
>
> Please read below for the event details, including local time, joining
> links and do let us know if you have any questions.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Amir
>
> == Details ==
>
> # Event: Language Showcase #6
>
> # When: July 22, 2020 (Wednesday) at 13:00 UTC (check local time
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200722T1300 )
>
> # Where:
>
> Join Zoom Meeting
> https://wikimedia.zoom.us/j/99585961221
>
> Meeting ID: 995 8596 1221
>
> # Agenda:
>
> The translatewiki website, the Translate extension in general, the latest
> technical updates in both of them, and some upcoming projects.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Mediawiki-i18n] Language Showcase, July 2020

Amir E. Aharoni
בתאריך יום א׳, 19 ביולי 2020, 15:50, מאת Asaf Bartov ‏<[hidden email]
>:

> Will there be a written summary (of the technical updates, in particular)
> for those who would miss or won't make time for the presentation?

I didn't plan to do it, but now that you're asking for it, yeah, I'll
publish it.

The Language team also publishes a monthly report, for example
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Language_engineering/Reports/2020/June
. It usually includes updates about translatewiki and the Translate
extensions, as well as updates about Content Translation and other features
that we maintain.

Finally, as I mentioned, there will also be a recording.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Language Showcase, July 2020

Amir E. Aharoni
‫בתאריך יום א׳, 19 ביולי 2020 ב-18:47 מאת ‪Jan Ainali‬‏ <‪
[hidden email]‬‏>:‬

> Has this also been announced anywhere on-wiki?

Sorry, no, and I guess that it's a bit too late for it now for this edition.

However, I'm happy to publish it on a wiki for the next time. Where would
be a good place?