[Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

[Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Florence Devouard-6
Hello everyone

Wiki Loves Women is officially launching its presentation video today.

Please check it out here and tell us what you think :
https://vimeo.com/207432965

It is also on Commons :
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wiki_loves_Women_-_English_WebM_-_Final.webm

This video was a partnership between WikiAfrica, Goethe Institute and
Blink Tower.

It brought quite a few challenges... such as myself being completely
happy with the exact terms of the script, succeeding to get every
element of the video under a free licence including the background
music, getting a nice african women voice for the narrative, getting
curly hair rather than flat ones, identifying nice examples of western
as well as african concerns... etc. We tried to be as inclusive as possible.

Well, we hope you like it.
If you do... please litterally "like" the video and "like" our facebook page

A French version is currently being recorded and should follow shortly.

Last, we would love to see the video subtitled in many langages. If you
want to give a hand for the translation, please get in touch with us (by
email, or twitter, or facebook, or on our meta talk page :
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Women)
I'll set up a page for translation on meta shortly.

http://www.wikiloveswomen.org
https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesWomen
http://www.twitter.com/wikiloveswomen

Isla and Florence

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Anna Torres-2
Thanks Isla and Florence!

This is so cool! We should work closer to improve in Spanish African women
in Wikipedia :) Let's talk?

Hugs!

> Hello everyone
>
> Wiki Loves Women is officially launching its presentation video today.
>
> Please check it out here and tell us what you think :
> https://vimeo.com/207432965
>
> It is also on Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/File:Wiki_loves_Women_-_English_WebM_-_Final.webm
>
> This video was a partnership between WikiAfrica, Goethe Institute and
> Blink Tower.
>
> It brought quite a few challenges... such as myself being completely happy
> with the exact terms of the script, succeeding to get every element of the
> video under a free licence including the background music, getting a nice
> african women voice for the narrative, getting curly hair rather than flat
> ones, identifying nice examples of western as well as african concerns...
> etc. We tried to be as inclusive as possible.
>
> Well, we hope you like it.
> If you do... please litterally "like" the video and "like" our facebook
> page
>
> A French version is currently being recorded and should follow shortly.
>
> Last, we would love to see the video subtitled in many langages. If you
> want to give a hand for the translation, please get in touch with us (by
> email, or twitter, or facebook, or on our meta talk page :
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Women)
> I'll set up a page for translation on meta shortly.
>
> http://www.wikiloveswomen.org
> https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesWomen
> http://www.twitter.com/wikiloveswomen
>
> Isla and Florence

Anna Torres Adell
Directora Ejecutiva
*A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Shani Evenstein
Great work, ladies.
Shared by me as well.

Cheers,
Shani.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Anna Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Isla and Florence!
>
> This is so cool! We should work closer to improve in Spanish African women
> in Wikipedia :) Let's talk?
>
> Hugs!

> > Hello everyone
> >
> > Wiki Loves Women is officially launching its presentation video today.
> >
> > Please check it out here and tell us what you think :
> > https://vimeo.com/207432965
> >
> > It is also on Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/File:Wiki_loves_Women_-_English_WebM_-_Final.webm
> >
> > This video was a partnership between WikiAfrica, Goethe Institute and
> > Blink Tower.
> >
> > It brought quite a few challenges... such as myself being completely
> happy
> > with the exact terms of the script, succeeding to get every element of
> the
> > video under a free licence including the background music, getting a nice
> > african women voice for the narrative, getting curly hair rather than
> flat
> > ones, identifying nice examples of western as well as african concerns...
> > etc. We tried to be as inclusive as possible.
> >
> > Well, we hope you like it.
> > If you do... please litterally "like" the video and "like" our facebook
> > page
> >
> > A French version is currently being recorded and should follow shortly.
> >
> > Last, we would love to see the video subtitled in many langages. If you
> > want to give a hand for the translation, please get in touch with us (by
> > email, or twitter, or facebook, or on our meta talk page :
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Women)
> > I'll set up a page for translation on meta shortly.
> >
> > http://www.wikiloveswomen.org
> > https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesWomen
> > http://www.twitter.com/wikiloveswomen
> >
> > Isla and Florence

> Anna Torres Adell
> Directora Ejecutiva
> *A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Florence Devouard-6
Anytime Anna !

Speaking about Spanish... all of our biographies for the #16WikiWomen
translation drive were translated in Spanish. Kudos !
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/16_African_Women_Translate-a-thon/tracking

Flo

Le 08/03/2017 à 15:42, Anna Torres a écrit :

> Thanks Isla and Florence!
>
> This is so cool! We should work closer to improve in Spanish African women
> in Wikipedia :) Let's talk?
>
> Hugs!

>> Hello everyone
>>
>> Wiki Loves Women is officially launching its presentation video today.
>>
>> Please check it out here and tell us what you think :
>> https://vimeo.com/207432965
>>
>> It is also on Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/
>> wiki/File:Wiki_loves_Women_-_English_WebM_-_Final.webm
>>
>> This video was a partnership between WikiAfrica, Goethe Institute and
>> Blink Tower.
>>
>> It brought quite a few challenges... such as myself being completely happy
>> with the exact terms of the script, succeeding to get every element of the
>> video under a free licence including the background music, getting a nice
>> african women voice for the narrative, getting curly hair rather than flat
>> ones, identifying nice examples of western as well as african concerns...
>> etc. We tried to be as inclusive as possible.
>>
>> Well, we hope you like it.
>> If you do... please litterally "like" the video and "like" our facebook
>> page
>>
>> A French version is currently being recorded and should follow shortly.
>>
>> Last, we would love to see the video subtitled in many langages. If you
>> want to give a hand for the translation, please get in touch with us (by
>> email, or twitter, or facebook, or on our meta talk page :
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Women)
>> I'll set up a page for translation on meta shortly.
>>
>> http://www.wikiloveswomen.org
>> https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesWomen
>> http://www.twitter.com/wikiloveswomen
>>
>> Isla and Florence

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Anna Torres-2
Great!!! Love it! <3 Could you talk sometime next week? Hugs!!!

> Anytime Anna !
>
> Speaking about Spanish... all of our biographies for the #16WikiWomen
> translation drive were translated in Spanish. Kudos !
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/16_African_Women_Translate-a-thon/tracking
>
> Flo
>

> Le 08/03/2017 à 15:42, Anna Torres a écrit :
>
>> Thanks Isla and Florence!
>>
>> This is so cool! We should work closer to improve in Spanish African women
>> in Wikipedia :) Let's talk?
>>
>> Hugs!

>> Hello everyone
>>>
>>> Wiki Loves Women is officially launching its presentation video today.
>>>
>>> Please check it out here and tell us what you think :
>>> https://vimeo.com/207432965
>>>
>>> It is also on Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/
>>> wiki/File:Wiki_loves_Women_-_English_WebM_-_Final.webm
>>>
>>> This video was a partnership between WikiAfrica, Goethe Institute and
>>> Blink Tower.
>>>
>>> It brought quite a few challenges... such as myself being completely
>>> happy
>>> with the exact terms of the script, succeeding to get every element of
>>> the
>>> video under a free licence including the background music, getting a nice
>>> african women voice for the narrative, getting curly hair rather than
>>> flat
>>> ones, identifying nice examples of western as well as african concerns...
>>> etc. We tried to be as inclusive as possible.
>>>
>>> Well, we hope you like it.
>>> If you do... please litterally "like" the video and "like" our facebook
>>> page
>>>
>>> A French version is currently being recorded and should follow shortly.
>>>
>>> Last, we would love to see the video subtitled in many langages. If you
>>> want to give a hand for the translation, please get in touch with us (by
>>> email, or twitter, or facebook, or on our meta talk page :
>>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Women)
>>> I'll set up a page for translation on meta shortly.
>>>
>>> http://www.wikiloveswomen.org
>>> https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesWomen
>>> http://www.twitter.com/wikiloveswomen
>>>
>>> Isla and Florence

Anna Torres Adell
Directora Ejecutiva
*A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Nicole Ebber
Really beautiful, thank you for sharing, Florence! And happy
International Women's Day!

Nicole

On 8 March 2017 at 15:54, Anna Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great!!! Love it! <3 Could you talk sometime next week? Hugs!!!

>> Anytime Anna !
>>
>> Speaking about Spanish... all of our biographies for the #16WikiWomen
>> translation drive were translated in Spanish. Kudos !
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/16_African_Women_Translate-a-thon/tracking
>>
>> Flo
>>

>> Le 08/03/2017 à 15:42, Anna Torres a écrit :
>>
>>> Thanks Isla and Florence!
>>>
>>> This is so cool! We should work closer to improve in Spanish African women
>>> in Wikipedia :) Let's talk?
>>>
>>> Hugs!

>>> Hello everyone

> Anna Torres Adell
> Directora Ejecutiva
> *A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

Nicole Ebber
Adviser International Relations
Movement Strategy Track Lead: Organized Groups

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Anna Stillwell
I love the video. Well done to everyone involved.
Warmly,
/a

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Nicole Ebber <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Really beautiful, thank you for sharing, Florence! And happy
> International Women's Day!
>
> Nicole
>
> On 8 March 2017 at 15:54, Anna Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Great!!! Love it! <3 Could you talk sometime next week? Hugs!!!

> >> Anytime Anna !
> >>
> >> Speaking about Spanish... all of our biographies for the #16WikiWomen
> >> translation drive were translated in Spanish. Kudos !
> >> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/16_African_Women_
> Translate-a-thon/tracking
> >>
> >> Flo

> women

> nice
> concerns...

> facebook

> shortly.

> you
> (by

> > Anna Torres Adell
> > Directora Ejecutiva
> > *A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

> Nicole Ebber
> Adviser International Relations
> Movement Strategy Track Lead: Organized Groups
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
> V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
> Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
> anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
> Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Cornelius Kibelka
I really like the video, and I like the South-African dialect. Great job,
Florence & Isla!

For the subtitles I'd suggest to use amara.org. That's best (free) online
tool for subtitling videos; you can download the subtitles as a text file
and upload it then to Commons.

Best
Cornelius

On 8 March 2017 at 17:47, Anna Stillwell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I love the video. Well done to everyone involved.
> Warmly,
> /a
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Nicole Ebber <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Really beautiful, thank you for sharing, Florence! And happy
> > International Women's Day!
> >
> > Nicole
> >
> > On 8 March 2017 at 15:54, Anna Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Great!!! Love it! <3 Could you talk sometime next week? Hugs!!!

> > Translate-a-thon/tracking

> > women

> today.

> and

> of
> > nice
> than
> > concerns...

> > facebook

> > shortly.

> > you
> > (by

> > ,
> unsubscribe>

> > > --
> > > Anna Torres Adell
> > > Directora Ejecutiva
> > > *A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

> > Nicole Ebber
> > Adviser International Relations
> > Movement Strategy Track Lead: Organized Groups
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
> > V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
> > Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
> > anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
> > Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)
for the Wikimedia Conference

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Samuel Patton
Love the video and appreciate all your work.

sam

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Cornelius Kibelka <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I really like the video, and I like the South-African dialect. Great job,
> Florence & Isla!
>
> For the subtitles I'd suggest to use amara.org. That's best (free) online
> tool for subtitling videos; you can download the subtitles as a text file
> and upload it then to Commons.
>
> Best
> Cornelius
>
> On 8 March 2017 at 17:47, Anna Stillwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I love the video. Well done to everyone involved.
> > Warmly,
> > /a
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Nicole Ebber <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Really beautiful, thank you for sharing, Florence! And happy
> > > International Women's Day!
> > >
> > > Nicole

> #16WikiWomen
> > > Translate-a-thon/tracking

> African
> > > women

> >:

> > today.

> > and

> completely
> element
> > of
> getting a
> > > nice
> > than
> > > concerns...

> > > facebook

> > > shortly.

> If
> > > you
> us
> > > (by

> > > ,
> > unsubscribe>

> > ,
> unsubscribe>

> > > --
> > > Nicole Ebber
> > > Adviser International Relations
> > > Movement Strategy Track Lead: Organized Groups
> > >
> > > Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
> > > V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
> > > Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
> > > anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
> > > Steuernummer 27/029/42207.

> Cornelius Kibelka
> Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)
> for the Wikimedia Conference

> Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
> http://wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen
> Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

> Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Sydney Poore
I really like and think it is useful.

Thank you.

Sydney

On Mar 8, 2017 9:38 AM, "Florence Devouard" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> Wiki Loves Women is officially launching its presentation video today.
>
> Please check it out here and tell us what you think :
> https://vimeo.com/207432965
>
> It is also on Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/
> wiki/File:Wiki_loves_Women_-_English_WebM_-_Final.webm
>
> This video was a partnership between WikiAfrica, Goethe Institute and
> Blink Tower.
>
> It brought quite a few challenges... such as myself being completely happy
> with the exact terms of the script, succeeding to get every element of the
> video under a free licence including the background music, getting a nice
> african women voice for the narrative, getting curly hair rather than flat
> ones, identifying nice examples of western as well as african concerns...
> etc. We tried to be as inclusive as possible.
>
> Well, we hope you like it.
> If you do... please litterally "like" the video and "like" our facebook
> page
>
> A French version is currently being recorded and should follow shortly.
>
> Last, we would love to see the video subtitled in many langages. If you
> want to give a hand for the translation, please get in touch with us (by
> email, or twitter, or facebook, or on our meta talk page :
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Women)
> I'll set up a page for translation on meta shortly.
>
> http://www.wikiloveswomen.org
> https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesWomen
> http://www.twitter.com/wikiloveswomen
>
> Isla and Florence

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Launch of Wiki Loves Women explainer video

Alex Wang
Really great work!

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I really like and think it is useful.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sydney
>
> On Mar 8, 2017 9:38 AM, "Florence Devouard" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > Wiki Loves Women is officially launching its presentation video today.
> >
> > Please check it out here and tell us what you think :
> > https://vimeo.com/207432965
> >
> > It is also on Commons : https://commons.wikimedia.org/
> > wiki/File:Wiki_loves_Women_-_English_WebM_-_Final.webm
> >
> > This video was a partnership between WikiAfrica, Goethe Institute and
> > Blink Tower.
> >
> > It brought quite a few challenges... such as myself being completely
> happy
> > with the exact terms of the script, succeeding to get every element of
> the
> > video under a free licence including the background music, getting a nice
> > african women voice for the narrative, getting curly hair rather than
> flat
> > ones, identifying nice examples of western as well as african concerns...
> > etc. We tried to be as inclusive as possible.
> >
> > Well, we hope you like it.
> > If you do... please litterally "like" the video and "like" our facebook
> > page
> >
> > A French version is currently being recorded and should follow shortly.
> >
> > Last, we would love to see the video subtitled in many langages. If you
> > want to give a hand for the translation, please get in touch with us (by
> > email, or twitter, or facebook, or on our meta talk page :
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Women)
> > I'll set up a page for translation on meta shortly.
> >
> > http://www.wikiloveswomen.org
> > https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesWomen
> > http://www.twitter.com/wikiloveswomen
> >
> > Isla and Florence