[Wikimedia-l] MetaWeb refined mission statement and link

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia-l] MetaWeb refined mission statement and link

Joseph Chirum
Hello everybody

Here is the refined project mission statement and link to Meta World's Data project, a.k.a. MetaWeb

Metadata is the fuel, which powers this spaceship !  It should be fun for everybody (It's open source, free, and a labour of love)


Goal: I.  "To organize, visualize, and data mine all of the world's open source wiki information."

Project link: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MetaWiki

Send us your Feedback !!!  It's All Grassroots.  We are Us
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia-l] MetaWeb updated and refined mission statement and link

Joseph Chirum



Hello everybody

I havent seen any feedback directly associated with the "Meta World's Data", project proposal ... Please get involved ... we are us.....

I just wanted to add, the monument's data vis project is an exemplar and excellent project, which represents exactly the kind of wiki bots and data mining and data visualization which i am referring to in this MetaWeb project a.k.a. "Meta World's Data"

Think of the logic this way for organizational meta structure: "Monuments" are a category of "Architecture", and "Architecture is a category of "Art", "Art is a category of "Art History", and "Art History is a category of "History".

Do you see the Link ?!?!?!?!  History is the navigational meta table of content !

We need to interlink all of the data visualization bots together into one meta bot !

The meta bot eats metadata for breakfast.

All of our open source data is ours. WYSIWYG

let's create it together, it is simply what everybody on Meta Wiki is working on together already, without fully consciously realizing all of the interconnections and interlinks.  It's all one big happy Meta project a.k.a. meta bot.

Streamlining and efficiency are the name of the game.

It's easy, all we need to do is make a few good bots, and pipeline the output back into the input to complete the loop.

come on people and bots unite ! I know you are out there, dont be afraid to speak up.

Democracy is only made if people PARTICIPATE and SHARE

Thank you !

Joseph M. Chirum a.k.a. Art



Here is the refined project mission statement and link to Meta World's Data project, a.k.a. MetaWeb

Metadata is the fuel, which powers this spaceship !  It should be fun for everybody (It's open source, free, and a labour of love)


Goal: I.  "To organize, visualize, and data mine all of the world's open source wiki information."

Project link: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MetaWiki

Send us your Feedback !!!  It's All Grassroots.  We are Us
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] MetaWeb updated and refined mission statement and link

MZMcBride-2
Joseph Chirum wrote:
>Hello everybody

Hi.

>I havent seen any feedback directly associated with the "Meta World's
>Data", project proposal ... Please get involved ... we are us.....

Yes, I think we can all agree that we are us.

You seem to have a branding problem currently. You're somewhat rambling
about... I'm not really sure what. You seem to use the terms "MetaWeb",
"Meta World's Data", and apparently "MetaWiki" interchangeably. This
naming inconsistency makes it difficult to sell your idea(s) to others.

Wikimedia has a general history of bad naming (Wikipedia, Wikimedia,
MediaWiki, etc.). You've created a page at Meta-Wiki called "MetaWiki".
You're, err, not helping matters. :-)

Most of what you're talking about (I think) sounds very similar to
Wikidata. Have you looked at <https://www.wikidata.org> and
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata>?

Hope that helps.

MZMcBride



_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia-l] Fw: MetaWeb updated and refined mission statement and link

Joseph Chirum



Hello

Thank you for your feedback... I did not know Wikidata existed.  This project looks like pretty much what i was trying to do through "MetaWorld's Data".

You were right about the branding problem... I was using "Metawiki" , "MetaWeb", and "Meta World's Data" interchangeably.  I was doing this intentionally however, because i was trying to avoid a branding problem.  I did not want the community to preference one name over the others, since they are all accurate.  I guess the thing to do now, is merge with Wikidata.

Is anybody on this list working on wikidata, and have any advice for where to begin on a project like this.  I am happy to see that the project has already been begun... of course i am not the first person to think of an idea like this one.

I would like to see more discussion of A.I. metadata bots if anybody out there is working on this stuff.

Thank you

Art



________________________________
 From: MZMcBride <[hidden email]>
To: Joseph Chirum <[hidden email]>; Wikimedia Mailing List <[hidden email]>
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] MetaWeb updated and refined mission statement and link
 

Joseph Chirum wrote:
>Hello everybody

Hi.

>I havent seen any
 feedback directly associated with the "Meta World's
>Data", project proposal ... Please get involved ... we are us.....

Yes, I think we can all agree that we are us.

You seem to have a branding problem currently. You're somewhat rambling
about... I'm not really sure what. You seem to use the terms "MetaWeb",
"Meta World's Data", and apparently "MetaWiki" interchangeably. This
naming inconsistency makes it difficult to sell your idea(s) to others.

Wikimedia has a general history of bad naming (Wikipedia, Wikimedia,
MediaWiki, etc.). You've created a page at Meta-Wiki called "MetaWiki".
You're, err, not helping matters. :-)

Most of what you're talking about (I think) sounds very similar to
Wikidata. Have you looked at <https://www.wikidata.org> and
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata>?

Hope that helps.

MZMcBride
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Fw: MetaWeb updated and refined mission statement and link

Neil Harris
On 14/09/13 21:32, Joseph Chirum wrote:

>
>
> Hello
>
> Thank you for your feedback... I did not know Wikidata existed.  This project looks like pretty much what i was trying to do through "MetaWorld's Data".
>
> You were right about the branding problem... I was using "Metawiki" , "MetaWeb", and "Meta World's Data" interchangeably.  I was doing this intentionally however, because i was trying to avoid a branding problem.  I did not want the community to preference one name over the others, since they are all accurate.  I guess the thing to do now, is merge with Wikidata.
>
> Is anybody on this list working on wikidata, and have any advice for where to begin on a project like this.  I am happy to see that the project has already been begun... of course i am not the first person to think of an idea like this one.
>
> I would like to see more discussion of A.I. metadata bots if anybody out there is working on this stuff.
>
> Thank you
>
> Art

You might want to join the Wikidata-L mailing list, which exists to
discuss Wikidata: see

https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikidata-l

for how to subscribe.

-- Neil



_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>