[Wikimedia-l] Movement Strategy: Draft recommendations are here!

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Movement Strategy: Draft recommendations are here!

Benjamin Ikuta

Could we have a formal RfC already, please?

> On Sep 13, 2019, at 6:02 PM, Todd Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Also, "use the mailing list" is a problem in itself. Discussion should be
> taking place publicly and on-wiki, not via email. Lack of transparency in
> this process is a serious problem, and it is exacerbated by trying to push
> discussions to a private medium. Discussions should take place openly and
> in public.
>
> Todd
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 6:38 PM Paulo Santos Perneta <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Diane,
>>
>> If there will be a new discussion (and rightly so), what happens to the
>> "harmonization sprint in Tunis on 20-22 September" mentioned by Nicole in
>> her messages?
>> I don't believe there will be much to harmonize between the new discussion
>> with the community takes place.
>>
>> Best,
>> Paulo
>>

>> Diane Ranville <[hidden email]> escreveu no dia sexta,
>> 13/09/2019 à(s) 14:20:
>>
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> Working groups are currently working off-wiki on a new version that will
>>> soon be submitted to discussion again. Current versions are indeed not
>>> being updated (I think they are not meant to be).
>>> If you want to reach out directly to the diversity working group, I
>> suggest
>>> using their mailing list : [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Diane
>>> (community strategy liaison for the french speaking community)
>>>
>>> <

>>> Garanti
>>> sans virus. www.avast.com
>>> <

>>> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

>> [hidden email]>

>>> one

>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Frequently_asked_questions#What_steps_will_take_place_in_the_next_few_months_to_put_a_decision-making_process_in_place

>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Frequently_asked_questions#What_are_the_steps_that_will_take_place_between_recommendations_being_published_and_implementation

>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2019-August/093303.html

>> will

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Movement Strategy: Draft recommendations are here!

Diane Ranville
Hi Paulo,

As far as I know, the new discussion will happen *after* the harmonization
sprint, and will be about the new set of recommendations that comes out of
it.

Best,
Diane