[Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

Jimmy Wales-5
I'm switching to this email address for posting, because apparently
there is some kind of weird problem between yahoo and google such that
gmail users see all or most of my messages in their SPAM folder.

If you've asked me something and think that I didn't respond, I
recommend looking there.


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

George William Herbert

Just to confirm, all Jimmy's email in these threads were in my Gmail spam folder when I looked.

If you're using Gmail, go look at the spam folder and bring his messages back in...


George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 29, 2016, at 5:37 AM, Jimmy Wales <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm switching to this email address for posting, because apparently
> there is some kind of weird problem between yahoo and google such that
> gmail users see all or most of my messages in their SPAM folder.
>
> If you've asked me something and think that I didn't respond, I
> recommend looking there.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

SarahSV
On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 3:10 PM, George Herbert <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
> Just to confirm, all Jimmy's email in these threads were in my Gmail spam
> folder when I looked.
>
> If you're using Gmail, go look at the spam folder and bring his messages
> back in...
>
>
That is why I asked Jimmy a question yesterday that he had already answered
in another thread. I wasn't aware that he had been replying until I saw
someone else answer one of his emails.

So yes, everyone using gmail, check your spam folders.
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

K. Peachey-2
If you are using gmail, Set a rule that *@lists.wikimedia.org never go to
the spam folder.

(If you are using  rule to label them, it can be done at the same time.)

On 1 March 2016 at 09:48, SarahSV <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 3:10 PM, George Herbert <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >
> > Just to confirm, all Jimmy's email in these threads were in my Gmail spam
> > folder when I looked.
> >
> > If you're using Gmail, go look at the spam folder and bring his messages
> > back in...
> >
> >
> That is why I asked Jimmy a question yesterday that he had already answered
> in another thread. I wasn't aware that he had been replying until I saw
> someone else answer one of his emails.
>
> So yes, everyone using gmail, check your spam folders.
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

Michael Snow-5
In reply to this post by Jimmy Wales-5
On 2/29/2016 5:37 AM, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I'm switching to this email address for posting, because apparently
> there is some kind of weird problem between yahoo and google such that
> gmail users see all or most of my messages in their SPAM folder.
It's not just Google either. My provider uses Yahoo's service for email,
and yet Jimmy's messages to the list, and as best I can tell only
Jimmy's from the ymail account, appear to get bounced and never even
reach my spam folder, let alone my inbox.

--Michael Snow

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

Austin Hair
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:48 AM, Michael Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/29/2016 5:37 AM, Jimmy Wales wrote:
>>
>> I'm switching to this email address for posting, because apparently
>> there is some kind of weird problem between yahoo and google such that
>> gmail users see all or most of my messages in their SPAM folder.
>
> It's not just Google either. My provider uses Yahoo's service for email, and
> yet Jimmy's messages to the list, and as best I can tell only Jimmy's from
> the ymail account, appear to get bounced and never even reach my spam
> folder, let alone my inbox.

Just to be clear, this is not a list admin issue—Jimmy's ymail address
was initially moderated as a new subscriber, but we unmoderated him as
soon as he posted from it. The rest is on gmail, unfortunately.

It's also not the first time we've seen it. Others have had issues
posting from Yahoo addresses in the past.

Austin

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

Richard Ames
In reply to this post by Michael Snow-5
Please see:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/email-service-providers-send-tofrom-yahoo-mail-addresses-sln24016.html

for the explanation of the issue....

Richard.

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

Florence Devouard-6
In reply to this post by Austin Hair
Le 01/03/16 05:11, Austin Hair a écrit :

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:48 AM, Michael Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 2/29/2016 5:37 AM, Jimmy Wales wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm switching to this email address for posting, because apparently
>>> there is some kind of weird problem between yahoo and google such that
>>> gmail users see all or most of my messages in their SPAM folder.
>>
>> It's not just Google either. My provider uses Yahoo's service for email, and
>> yet Jimmy's messages to the list, and as best I can tell only Jimmy's from
>> the ymail account, appear to get bounced and never even reach my spam
>> folder, let alone my inbox.
>
> Just to be clear, this is not a list admin issue—Jimmy's ymail address
> was initially moderated as a new subscriber, but we unmoderated him as
> soon as he posted from it. The rest is on gmail, unfortunately.
>
> It's also not the first time we've seen it. Others have had issues
> posting from Yahoo addresses in the past.
>
> Austin

Yup. I had the same issue in January with a yahoo address.

Admins (and several users) warned me. I switched to gmail and it works
perfectly well now.

Florence



_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

Lilburne
In reply to this post by George William Herbert
On 29/02/2016 22:10, George Herbert wrote:
> Just to confirm, all Jimmy's email in these threads were in my Gmail spam folder when I looked.
>
> If you're using Gmail, go look at the spam folder and bring his messages back in...
>
>
>

Perhaps that is the penalty for attempting to compete with search companies.


_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikimedia-l] My posts going to spam

rupert THURNER-2
In reply to this post by Richard Ames
A good pointer! It refers to
https://yahoomail.tumblr.com/post/82426900353/yahoo-dmarc-policy-change-what-should-senders

Listing an option for businesses sending mail where the reply should go to
a ymail or yahoo account :

Or you could do:

Reply-to: “Example Sender” <[hidden email]
<http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=mailto%3Aexample-sender%40yahoo.com&t=YTNkMDAxZTUwNjRmYTQ1YmExYTZlNmM4Mzk0MmQzODEwNDM0ZjI5ZixZRGdob0R4WQ%3D%3D>
>

From: “Example Sender” <[hidden email]>
On Mar 1, 2016 05:12, "Richard Ames" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please see:
>
>
> https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/email-service-providers-send-tofrom-yahoo-mail-addresses-sln24016.html
>
> for the explanation of the issue....
>
> Richard.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
> New messages to: [hidden email]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
New messages to: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe>