[Wikimedia-l] New Affiliations Committee appointments

[Wikimedia-l] New Affiliations Committee appointments

Kirill Lokshin
Hi everyone,

A bit delayed, but we are happy to share that Olaniyan Olushola and Jack
Farah Mustaklem have appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new
members.  In addition, three incumbent members (Rosie
Stephenson-Goodknight, Tanweer Morshed and Salvador Alcantar) have been
re-appointed for an additional term.

Here are Olushola and Farah, or Jack, in their own words:

*Jack Farah Mustaklem*:

I'm a Palestinian volunteer editor on Wikipedia from Jerusalem, and
Founding member and  treasurer of Wikimedians of the Levant User Group, and
the representative in Palestine. I have been a Wikimedian since 2005,
editing both the English and Arabic Wikipedias. I have a passion for the
free dissemination of knowledge. Most recently, I have been coordinating
activities of the Wikipedia Education Program in Palestine, at both the
high school and university levels. Outside of the movement, Jack is an
advocate of free knowledge, a software engineer, and a father of three.

*Olaniyan Olushola*:

My name is Olaniyan Olushola, an accountant by profession, founding member
and president of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria.[1] I am an active Wikimedian
and member of the community with various contributions to Wikimedia
projects. I have organized several Wikimedia project in the last few years.
I organized Wiki Loves Africa 2015 and 2016 in Nigeria. I participated in
Wiki Indaba 2014 and WikiAfrica/OpenAfrica15,[2] a conference for
Wikipedians In Residence, organized by WikiAfrica in Johannesburg, South
Africa. I coordinated Wikipedia 15 in Nigeria[3] and Wiki loves Nigeria
Writing Contest, organized as part of Wikipedia @15 celebration in
Nigeria.[4] I coordinated Wiki Loves Women in Nigeria and my work was
extensively covered by multiple newspapers in Nigeria.[5] I coordinated
Wiki Photo Tour in Nigeria through a Wikimedia Foundation grant support in
2016.[6] I conceptualized a media partnership between Wikimedia UG Nigeria
and Blackface Media,[7] a radio program that runs every Wednesday called
Time-Out with Wikipedia. I am the lead presenter on Wikimedia Radio and TV
program. I established Wikimedia Fan Club at Lagos State University,
University of Ibadan and Wikimedia Hub, Nigerian Institute of Journalism
(NIJ). I am also the project coordinator for "She Can with ICT", a project
that focus on training Nigerian female students on how to contribute to
Wikimedia project. We are currently mentoring over twenty five potential
editors, through Wikimedia Outreach dashboard this project. [8]

I led Wikimedia UG Nigeria to sign a partnership agreement with Goge
Africa,[9] with the aim of improving African based articles on Wikipedia
with volume of free images.  Presently, we have finalized a new partnership
agreement with a WFM 91.7  [10] to broadcast Wiki Loves Women on radio  and
also to create awareness about Wikimedia projects.

If I am not on Wikipedia, I work as consultant in the area of Software
Deployment and Asset Management. I am married with two lovely kids.

We anticipate starting the next round of committee appointments in
December, and hope that everyone interested in working with Wikimedia
affiliates will consider applying!

Regards,

Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee

Edward Galvez
Staff Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_User_Group_Nigeria
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiAfrica/OpenAfrica15
[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Nigeria/Writing_Contest
[4]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Wikimedia_Nigeria_User_Group/Wikipedia_at_15_Celebration_in_Nigeria/Report
[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_Loves_Women/Nigeria
[6]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/WIkimedia_User_Group_Nigeria/Wiki_Photo_Tours/Report
[7]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_User_Group_Nigeria/Wikimedia_Radio_and_TV_Program
[8]
https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/campaigns/she_can_with_ict__nigeria/programs%7C
[9] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goge_Africa
[10] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WFM_91.7

[Wikimedia-l] Odp: New Affiliations Committee appointments

Michał Buczyński
8 listopada 2017 18:04 Kirill Lokshin &lt;[hidden email]&gt; napisał:  Hi everyone,   A bit delayed, but we are happy to share that Olaniyan Olushola and Jack  Farah Mustaklem have appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new  members.  In addition, three incumbent members (Rosie  Stephenson-Goodknight, Tanweer Morshed and Salvador Alcantar) have been  re-appointed for an additional term.   Congratulations to all the appointed members, have a fruitful term and hopefully see you soon!   All the AffCom alumni and advisors, thank you for your service.  Best Wishes,  michał &#34;aegis maelstrom&#34; buczyński WMPL, FDC

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Odp: New Affiliations Committee appointments

kayode yussuf
Congratulations to the new appointees.
Kayode Yussuf

    On Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 6:23:25 PM GMT+1, Michał Buczyński <[hidden email]> wrote:

 8 listopada 2017 18:04 Kirill Lokshin &lt;[hidden email]&gt; napisał:  Hi everyone,  A bit delayed, but we are happy to share that Olaniyan Olushola and Jack  Farah Mustaklem have appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new  members.  In addition, three incumbent members (Rosie  Stephenson-Goodknight, Tanweer Morshed and Salvador Alcantar) have been  re-appointed for an additional term.  Congratulations to all the appointed members, have a fruitful term and hopefully see you soon!  All the AffCom alumni and advisors, thank you for your service.  Best Wishes,  michał "aegis maelstrom" buczyński WMPL, FDC

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] New Affiliations Committee appointments

Chris Keating-2
Congrats to Jack and Olushola! I am sure you will do a great job.

Kirill – I know this last round of recruitment started some time ago (in June?) – do you expect the next round to run any more quickly?

Regards,

 Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] New Affiliations Committee appointments

Raphael Berchie
Congrats Shola. Wish you all the best.

*Raphael Berchie*
Co Founder Open Foundation, West Africa, Wikipedian-in-Residence (Wiki
Loves Women)  <http://www.wikiloveswomen.org/about-the-project/who/>
Wikimedian <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana>,Open
Advocate, Climate
Change Activist,Blogger <http://rberchie.blogspot.com/>
P.O Box CT 10469
Cantoments Accra
Ghana
+233243882047
Twitter@berchie4gh <https://twitter.com/berchie4gh>
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/berchie>
Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/raphael-berchie-32705822?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>

Moheen Reeyad
Congrats!

--
Moheen

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Raphael Berchie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Shola. Wish you all the best.
>
> *Raphael Berchie*
> Co Founder Open Foundation, West Africa, Wikipedian-in-Residence (Wiki
> Loves Women)  <http://www.wikiloveswomen.org/about-the-project/who/>
> Wikimedian <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana>,Open
> Advocate, Climate
> Change Activist,Blogger <http://rberchie.blogspot.com/>
> P.O Box CT 10469
> Cantoments Accra
> Ghana
> +233243882047
> Twitter@berchie4gh <https://twitter.com/berchie4gh>
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/berchie>
> Linkedin
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/raphael-berchie-32705822?trk=
> nav_responsive_tab_profile>
>
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Chris Keating <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congrats to Jack and Olushola! I am sure you will do a great job.
> >
> > Kirill – I know this last round of recruitment started some time ago (in
> > June?) – do you expect the next round to run any more quickly?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >  Chris
> >
> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10

*Moheen Reeyad*Author, Editor, Internet activist.
@moheenreeyad <https://twitter.com/moheenreeyad> | moheenreeyad.xyz

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] New Affiliations Committee appointments

Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive)
Congratulations Jack and Olushola!
Congratulations Rosie, Tanweer, and Salvador for re-appointed!

Hasive

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Raphael Berchie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Shola. Wish you all the best.
>
> *Raphael Berchie*
> Co Founder Open Foundation, West Africa, Wikipedian-in-Residence (Wiki
> Loves Women)  <http://www.wikiloveswomen.org/about-the-project/who/>
> Wikimedian <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana>,Open
> Advocate, Climate
> Change Activist,Blogger <http://rberchie.blogspot.com/>
> P.O Box CT 10469
> Cantoments Accra
> Ghana
> +233243882047
> Twitter@berchie4gh <https://twitter.com/berchie4gh>
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/berchie>
> Linkedin
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/raphael-berchie-32705822?trk=
> nav_responsive_tab_profile>
>
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Chris Keating <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congrats to Jack and Olushola! I am sure you will do a great job.
> >
> > Kirill – I know this last round of recruitment started some time ago (in
> > June?) – do you expect the next round to run any more quickly?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >  Chris
> >
> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury (Hasive) **:: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী (হাছিব)*
User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive> |
GSM/WhatsApp/Viber: +8801712754752

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Board Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh <http://www.wikimedia.org.bd/>
fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/NCHasive> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] New Affiliations Committee appointments

Jnanaranjan Sahu
Congratulations Olushola and Jack.

Regards,
*Jnanaranjan Sahu*
*Bhubaneswar*

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Nurunnaby Hasive <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations Jack and Olushola!
> Congratulations Rosie, Tanweer, and Salvador for re-appointed!
>

> Hasive
>
> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Raphael Berchie <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Congrats Shola. Wish you all the best.
> >
> > *Raphael Berchie*
> > Co Founder Open Foundation, West Africa, Wikipedian-in-Residence (Wiki
> > Loves Women)  <http://www.wikiloveswomen.org/about-the-project/who/>
> > Wikimedian <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana>,Open
> > Advocate, Climate
> > Change Activist,Blogger <http://rberchie.blogspot.com/>
> > P.O Box CT 10469
> > Cantoments Accra
> > Ghana
> > +233243882047
> > Twitter@berchie4gh <https://twitter.com/berchie4gh>
> > Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/berchie>
> > Linkedin
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/raphael-berchie-32705822?trk=
> > nav_responsive_tab_profile>
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Chris Keating <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Congrats to Jack and Olushola! I am sure you will do a great job.
> > >
> > > Kirill – I know this last round of recruitment started some time ago
> (in
> > > June?) – do you expect the next round to run any more quickly?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >  Chris
> > >
> > > Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Chris, we've made a number of changes to our internal processes in the
intervening months, which will hopefully allow us to complete the next
round much more expediently.

Regards,
Kirill

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Chris Keating <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congrats to Jack and Olushola! I am sure you will do a great job.
>

> Kirill – I know this last round of recruitment started some time ago (in
> June?) – do you expect the next round to run any more quickly?
>

> Regards,
>

> Chris

> Windows 10

Chico Venancio
Congratulations to Jack and Olushola for their first appointment.
Congratulations Rosie, Tanweer, and Salvador for their re-appointment.
May your terms in Affcom be fruitful and not only keep up the good work
that has been done but also improve upon it.
Best regards from the Wikimedia Community User Group Brasil.
 ----
Parabéns ao Jack e ao Olushola por suas primeiras nomeações. Parabéns à
Rosie, ao Tanweer e ao Salvador por suas re-nomeações.
Que seus mandatos no Affcom sejam produtivos e não só mantenham o bom
trabalho que tem sido feito mas também o melhorem.
Cumprimentos do Grupo de Usuários da Comunidade Wikimedia no Brasil.

Chico Venancio

> Congratulations Olushola and Jack.
>
> Regards,
> *Jnanaranjan Sahu*
> *Bhubaneswar*
>
> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Nurunnaby Hasive <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations Jack and Olushola!
> > Congratulations Rosie, Tanweer, and Salvador for re-appointed!
> >

> > Hasive
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:45 AM, Raphael Berchie <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Congrats Shola. Wish you all the best.
> > >
> > > *Raphael Berchie*
> > > Co Founder Open Foundation, West Africa, Wikipedian-in-Residence (Wiki
> > > Loves Women)  <http://www.wikiloveswomen.org/about-the-project/who/>
> > > Wikimedian <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Ghana>,Open
> > > Advocate, Climate
> > > Change Activist,Blogger <http://rberchie.blogspot.com/>
> > > P.O Box CT 10469
> > > Cantoments Accra
> > > Ghana
> > > +233243882047
> > > Twitter@berchie4gh <https://twitter.com/berchie4gh>
> > > Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/berchie>
> > > Linkedin
> > > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/raphael-berchie-32705822?trk=
> > > nav_responsive_tab_profile>
> > >
> > > On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Chris Keating <
> > [hidden email]>

> > (in

Biyanto Rebin
Congratulations Olaniyan Olushola and Jack Farah Mustaklem!

> [...]
> December, and hope that everyone interested in working with Wikimedia
> affiliates will consider applying!
>
> Regards,
>
> Kirill Lokshin
> Chair, Affiliations Committee
>
> Edward Galvez
> Staff Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_User_Group_Nigeria
> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiAfrica/OpenAfrica15
> [3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Nigeria/
> Writing_Contest
> [4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Wikimedia_
> Nigeria_User_Group/Wikipedia_at_15_Celebration_in_Nigeria/Report
> [5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wiki_
> Loves_Women/Nigeria
> [6] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/WIkimedia_
> User_Group_Nigeria/Wiki_Photo_Tours/Report

Biyanto Rebin | Ketua Umum (*Chair*) 2016-2018
Wikimedia Indonesia
Surel: [hidden email]
~~~~

Dukung upaya kami membebaskan pengetahuan:
http://wikimedia.or.id/wiki/Wikimedia_Indonesia:Donasi