[Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

[Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

Jean-Philippe Béland
Good day all,

Wikimedia Canada held its Annual General Meeting 2019 [1] on 19 October in
Montreal, Quebec with online participation as well.

We would like to introduce you 4 newly elected Board members and one
re-elected Board member:
- Amber Berson
- Jean-Michel Lapointe
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- Sarah Severson
- Stacy Allison-Cassin

The following 3 Board members are continuing their 2-years terms until next
year:
- Benoit Rochon
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Michael David Miller

Wikimedia Canada is proud to have a majority of women on its Board. We
believe that we are the only Wikimedia chapter in this situation, please
correct me if I'm wrong. We are also happy to welcome a member of the Board
from Western Canada. We are convinced that this will help us to increase
the diversity of contributors on Wikimedia projects from Canada, especially
in regards to the gender gap, and to expand Wikimedia Canada's activities
and reach across all of Canada.

The Board will elect its new Executive Committee [2], including its
President, at its next meeting on 4 November 2019.

If you have any questions about Wikimedia Canada, do not hesitate to use
the main talk page on our wiki [3] or to send me an email directly.

Wikimedia Canada would like to thank all members that participated at the
AGM and all the volunteers of the Wikimedia movement in Canada for their
contributions. If you would like to stay updated about Wikimedia Canada,
please join our mailing list [4] or visit our wiki [5].

Thank you,

Jean-Philippe Béland

Institutional Advancement Manager, Wikimedia Canada

[1] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2019
[2] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Executive_Committee
[3] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_talk:Discussions
[5] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

Alex Stinson-4
 Congratulations! Also really exciting to see a lot of folks who have come
through Library and GLAM outreach joining the board.

Alex

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:35 PM Jean-Philippe Béland <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Good day all,
>
> Wikimedia Canada held its Annual General Meeting 2019 [1] on 19 October in
> Montreal, Quebec with online participation as well.
>
> We would like to introduce you 4 newly elected Board members and one
> re-elected Board member:
> - Amber Berson
> - Jean-Michel Lapointe
> - Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
> - Sarah Severson
> - Stacy Allison-Cassin
>
> The following 3 Board members are continuing their 2-years terms until next
> year:
> - Benoit Rochon
> - Ha-Loan Phan
> - Michael David Miller
>
> Wikimedia Canada is proud to have a majority of women on its Board. We
> believe that we are the only Wikimedia chapter in this situation, please
> correct me if I'm wrong. We are also happy to welcome a member of the Board
> from Western Canada. We are convinced that this will help us to increase
> the diversity of contributors on Wikimedia projects from Canada, especially
> in regards to the gender gap, and to expand Wikimedia Canada's activities
> and reach across all of Canada.
>
> The Board will elect its new Executive Committee [2], including its
> President, at its next meeting on 4 November 2019.
>
> If you have any questions about Wikimedia Canada, do not hesitate to use
> the main talk page on our wiki [3] or to send me an email directly.
>
> Wikimedia Canada would like to thank all members that participated at the
> AGM and all the volunteers of the Wikimedia movement in Canada for their
> contributions. If you would like to stay updated about Wikimedia Canada,
> please join our mailing list [4] or visit our wiki [5].
>
> Thank you,
>

> Jean-Philippe Béland
>
> Institutional Advancement Manager, Wikimedia Canada
>

> [1] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2019
> [2] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Executive_Committee
> [3] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_talk:Discussions
> [5] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Alex Stinson
Senior Program Strategist
Wikimedia Foundation
Twitter:@glamwiki/@sadads

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

camelia boban
Yay for Wikimedia Canada. Congratulations to the new board, happy to see
all this diversity.

Camelia

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019, 11:00 PM Alex Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Congratulations! Also really exciting to see a lot of folks who have come
> through Library and GLAM outreach joining the board.
>
> Alex
>
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:35 PM Jean-Philippe Béland <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Good day all,
> >
> > Wikimedia Canada held its Annual General Meeting 2019 [1] on 19 October
> in
> > Montreal, Quebec with online participation as well.
> >
> > We would like to introduce you 4 newly elected Board members and one
> > re-elected Board member:
> > - Amber Berson
> > - Jean-Michel Lapointe
> > - Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
> > - Sarah Severson
> > - Stacy Allison-Cassin
> >
> > The following 3 Board members are continuing their 2-years terms until
> next
> > year:
> > - Benoit Rochon
> > - Ha-Loan Phan
> > - Michael David Miller
> >
> > Wikimedia Canada is proud to have a majority of women on its Board. We
> > believe that we are the only Wikimedia chapter in this situation, please
> > correct me if I'm wrong. We are also happy to welcome a member of the
> Board
> > from Western Canada. We are convinced that this will help us to increase
> > the diversity of contributors on Wikimedia projects from Canada,
> especially
> > in regards to the gender gap, and to expand Wikimedia Canada's activities
> > and reach across all of Canada.
> >
> > The Board will elect its new Executive Committee [2], including its
> > President, at its next meeting on 4 November 2019.
> >
> > If you have any questions about Wikimedia Canada, do not hesitate to use
> > the main talk page on our wiki [3] or to send me an email directly.
> >
> > Wikimedia Canada would like to thank all members that participated at the
> > AGM and all the volunteers of the Wikimedia movement in Canada for their
> > contributions. If you would like to stay updated about Wikimedia Canada,
> > please join our mailing list [4] or visit our wiki [5].
> >
> > Thank you,
> >

> > Jean-Philippe Béland
> >
> > Institutional Advancement Manager, Wikimedia Canada
> >

> > [1] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2019
> > [2] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Executive_Committee
> > [3] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_talk:Discussions
> > [5] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

> Alex Stinson
> Senior Program Strategist
> Wikimedia Foundation
> Twitter:@glamwiki/@sadads
>
> Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
> Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
> https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

Jean-Philippe Béland
Thank you Alex.

Indeed we also have a majority of librarians on our Board with 5 of them.

JP

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM Alex Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Congratulations! Also really exciting to see a lot of folks who have come
> through Library and GLAM outreach joining the board.
>
> Alex
>
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 3:35 PM Jean-Philippe Béland <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Good day all,
>>
>> Wikimedia Canada held its Annual General Meeting 2019 [1] on 19 October in
>> Montreal, Quebec with online participation as well.
>>
>> We would like to introduce you 4 newly elected Board members and one
>> re-elected Board member:
>> - Amber Berson
>> - Jean-Michel Lapointe
>> - Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
>> - Sarah Severson
>> - Stacy Allison-Cassin
>>
>> The following 3 Board members are continuing their 2-years terms until
>> next
>> year:
>> - Benoit Rochon
>> - Ha-Loan Phan
>> - Michael David Miller
>>
>> Wikimedia Canada is proud to have a majority of women on its Board. We
>> believe that we are the only Wikimedia chapter in this situation, please
>> correct me if I'm wrong. We are also happy to welcome a member of the
>> Board
>> from Western Canada. We are convinced that this will help us to increase
>> the diversity of contributors on Wikimedia projects from Canada,
>> especially
>> in regards to the gender gap, and to expand Wikimedia Canada's activities
>> and reach across all of Canada.
>>
>> The Board will elect its new Executive Committee [2], including its
>> President, at its next meeting on 4 November 2019.
>>
>> If you have any questions about Wikimedia Canada, do not hesitate to use
>> the main talk page on our wiki [3] or to send me an email directly.
>>
>> Wikimedia Canada would like to thank all members that participated at the
>> AGM and all the volunteers of the Wikimedia movement in Canada for their
>> contributions. If you would like to stay updated about Wikimedia Canada,
>> please join our mailing list [4] or visit our wiki [5].
>>
>> Thank you,
>>

>> Jean-Philippe Béland
>>
>> Institutional Advancement Manager, Wikimedia Canada
>>

>> [1] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2019
>> [2] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Executive_Committee
>> [3] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_talk:Discussions
>> [5] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

> Alex Stinson
> Senior Program Strategist
> Wikimedia Foundation
> Twitter:@glamwiki/@sadads
>
> Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
> Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
> https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

Anders Wennersten-2

Den 2019-10-21 kl. 17:39, skrev Jean-Philippe Béland:
> Wikimedia Canada is proud to have a majority of women on its Board. We
> believe that we are the only Wikimedia chapter in this situation, please
> correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, WMSE has had a majority of women on its board since March 2015,
this year 5-4

Anders

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

Michael Maggs
WMUK has also had a majority of women on the board since earlier this year. Glad to hear of wider progress in that direction.

Michael

> On 22 Oct 2019, at 17:55, Anders Wennersten <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Den 2019-10-21 kl. 17:39, skrev Jean-Philippe Béland:
>> Wikimedia Canada is proud to have a majority of women on its Board. We
>> believe that we are the only Wikimedia chapter in this situation, please
>> correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Well, WMSE has had a majority of women on its board since March 2015, this year 5-4
>
> Anders

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New Board of Wikimedia Canada

Aboubacar Keïta
Bien bonne continuation à vous mes amis