[Wikimedia-l] New WM-IT board

Giuseppe Profiti
Dear all,

Wikimedia Italy had its AGM on April 8. During this meeting, the 2016
Annual Report was approved, and a new Board was elected. Three positions
were up for contest and two new people were elected, while one was
reconfirmed.

On the same day, the Board appointed the different roles:
* Lorenzo Losa - president
* Paola Liliana Buttiglione - vice-president (newly elected)
* Giuseppe Profti - secretary (newly elected)
* Saverio Giulio Malatesta  - treasurer (reconfirmed)
* Luca Martinelli - projects coordinator

Few words about the new entries:
* Paola Liliana is an archaeologist working on local development by
promotion of cultural heritage
* Giuseppe is a long time Wikipedian, former regional coordinator for
Wikimedia Italy, researcher and teacher in Computer Science
* Saverio is an archaeologist, extremely interested about open culture, and
already stepped in as treasurer since December 2016, when the previous
treasurer (Simone Cortesi) resigned.

As for the non-contestant, Lorenzo has been president for the last year and
is quite involved into the Wikimedia community (i.e. FDC), while Luca (yet
another long-time Wikipedian) served in the board for the last three years,
firstly as secretary, and from last year as projects coordinator.

We are sorry to be this late in announcing the new Board, but these months
were packed with events and activities. :)

Kind regards,

Giuseppe (on behalf of WM-IT Board)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New WM-IT board

Esteban Zarate