[Wikimedia-l] New Wikimedia Italia board and activities

[Wikimedia-l] New Wikimedia Italia board and activities

Laurentius-2
Dear all,
on April 7th, Wikimedia Italia held its general assembly, where a new board
has been elected. It is composed as follows:
* Lorenzo Losa, President
* Valerio Perticone, Vice-president
* Carlo Benini, Secretary
* Saverio G. Malatesta, Treasurer
* Maurizio Napolitano

I wish to thank Federico Leva, Giuseppe Profiti and Paola Liliana
Buttiglione, who ended their term, for their invaluable work in the board.

The general assembly drew a very good participation, with 89 voting members
(the most participated general assembly in the last ten years!), and
unanimously approved the 2017 annual report (currently in Italian only; an
English version is planned).
<https://wiki.wikimedia.it/wiki/Relazione_sulle_attivit%C3%A0_2017>

A few highlights from the 2017 report:
* Two new WIRs have started working at the Ministry of Culture (ICAR and
ICBSA). Some portals of the central archives administration have already
adopted the CC-BY-SA-4.0 license as well as the public domain charter! For
more links see:
<https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedian_in_Residence>
* We got more than 3.000 researchers to archive their articles in green
open access (in just two months!):
<
https://blog.okfn.org/2017/10/26/how-wikimedia-helped-authors-make-over-3000-articles-green-open-access-via-dissemin/

* OpenStreetMap activities are strengthening, reaching more than double the
people we expected.

From the structural point of view, since July 2017, after almost a year of
intense discussions with members and staff, we have started implementing
changes while going towards a reduced workload for the board. We have
mutually agreed to part ways with our former ED. Since then, three new
employees have started working with us: Giovanna Ranci, for the education
program; Marta Arosio, for GLAM partnerships; Teresa Scorza, for
administration and bookkeeping.

Looking forward, the 2018 budget and annual plan, written by 37 members and
employees together, is increasing the support for Wikimedia volunteers
(financially and otherwise), while reducing expenses for salaries and
administrative services.
<https://wiki.wikimedia.it/wiki/Piano_annuale_2018>

Best regards,
Lorenzo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Chapters] New Wikimedia Italia board and activities

Lukas Mezger-2
Dear Lorenzo,
Caro Lorenzo,

Thanks for sharing these news. Congratulations to the new members of the
board of Wikimedia Italia! Also, it's great to hear that so many members
participated in the general assembly. Good luck all for the work ahead!
Grazie per queste notizie. Auguri ai nuovi membri del consiglio direttivo
di Wikimedia Italia! È bello sentire che così tanti soci abbiano
partecipato all'assemblea generale. In bocca al lupo tutti per il lavoro
futuro!

Kind regards, and see you in Berlin!
Tanti saluti, e a presto a Berlino!

Lukas

--

Dr. Lukas Mezger
Mitglied des Präsidiums / member of the Supervisory Board

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Tempelhofer+Ufer+23&entry=gmail&source=g>-24 |
10963 Berlin
Tel. (030) 219 158 260
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de

> Dear all,
> on April 7th, Wikimedia Italia held its general assembly, where a new
> board has been elected. It is composed as follows:
> * Lorenzo Losa, President
> * Valerio Perticone, Vice-president
> * Carlo Benini, Secretary
> * Saverio G. Malatesta, Treasurer
> * Maurizio Napolitano
>
> I wish to thank Federico Leva, Giuseppe Profiti and Paola Liliana
> Buttiglione, who ended their term, for their invaluable work in the board.
>
> The general assembly drew a very good participation, with 89 voting
> members (the most participated general assembly in the last ten years!),
> and unanimously approved the 2017 annual report (currently in Italian only;
> an English version is planned).
> <https://wiki.wikimedia.it/wiki/Relazione_sulle_attivit%C3%A0_2017>
>
> A few highlights from the 2017 report:
> * Two new WIRs have started working at the Ministry of Culture (ICAR and
> ICBSA). Some portals of the central archives administration have already
> adopted the CC-BY-SA-4.0 license as well as the public domain charter! For
> more links see:
> <https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedian_in_Residence>
> * We got more than 3.000 researchers to archive their articles in green
> open access (in just two months!):
> <https://blog.okfn.org/2017/10/26/how-wikimedia-helped-autho
> rs-make-over-3000-articles-green-open-access-via-dissemin/>
> * OpenStreetMap activities are strengthening, reaching more than double
> the people we expected.
>
> From the structural point of view, since July 2017, after almost a year of
> intense discussions with members and staff, we have started implementing
> changes while going towards a reduced workload for the board. We have
> mutually agreed to part ways with our former ED. Since then, three new
> employees have started working with us: Giovanna Ranci, for the education
> program; Marta Arosio, for GLAM partnerships; Teresa Scorza, for
> administration and bookkeeping.
>
> Looking forward, the 2018 budget and annual plan, written by 37 members
> and employees together, is increasing the support for Wikimedia volunteers
> (financially and otherwise), while reducing expenses for salaries and
> administrative services.
> <https://wiki.wikimedia.it/wiki/Piano_annuale_2018>
>
> Best regards,
> Lorenzo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Chapters] New Wikimedia Italia board and activities

Tanweer Morshed
Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks for sharing the news. Congratulations and best wishes to the new
board of Wikimedia Italia! And thanks to the ones who ended their term.

Regards,
Tanweer