[Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Richard Symonds-3
Hi all,

I note that a new Wikimedia organisation has been setup in Michigan, called
the "Wikipedia Editors Foundation Inc", as of about a week or two ago.

It seems (by the filings) to be a nice nonprofit org set up by sensible
people who care about the movement.

That said - is this a new chapter, or something similar? To whom should we
address information?

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Nathan Awrich
Hi Richard, any links to where you found this information?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Richard Symonds <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I note that a new Wikimedia organisation has been setup in Michigan, called
> the "Wikipedia Editors Foundation Inc", as of about a week or two ago.
>
> It seems (by the filings) to be a nice nonprofit org set up by sensible
> people who care about the movement.
>
> That said - is this a new chapter, or something similar? To whom should we
> address information?
>
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>
> *Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
> over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Gregory Varnum-2
I would also like that information.

I can confirm that the Affiliations Committee does not have an active (or
past) application from them for affiliation. I am checking if anyone on the
AffCom heard about it from other channels.

-greg aka varnent
Vice Chair, Wikimedia Affiliations Committee

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Richard, any links to where you found this information?
>

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Richard Symonds <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I note that a new Wikimedia organisation has been setup in Michigan,
> called
> > the "Wikipedia Editors Foundation Inc", as of about a week or two ago.
> >
> > It seems (by the filings) to be a nice nonprofit org set up by sensible
> > people who care about the movement.
> >
> > That said - is this a new chapter, or something similar? To whom should
> we
> > address information?
> >
> > Richard Symonds
> > Wikimedia UK
> > 0207 065 0992
> >
> > Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
> > Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
> > Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A
> 4LT.
> > United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
> > movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> > operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
> >
> > *Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
> > over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

James Forrester-2
On 21 August 2014 09:13, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Richard, any links to where you found this information?

​The ever-excellent OpenCorporates has its entry:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mi/71656Y

… leading to the official US state of Michigan's entry:

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=71656Y

No information about the officers, sadly, just a filing office.

J.
--
James D. Forrester
[hidden email]

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Nathan Awrich
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM, James Forrester <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 21 August 2014 09:13, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Richard, any links to where you found this information?
> >

> ​The ever-excellent OpenCorporates has its entry:
>
> https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mi/71656Y
>
> … leading to the official US state of Michigan's entry:
>
> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=71656Y
>
> No information about the officers, sadly, just a filing office.

Actually, the documents are available, but the names don't ring a bell. It
uses the same address as Saline Plumbing & Heating.

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Risker
On 21 August 2014 12:21, James Forrester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 August 2014 09:13, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Richard, any links to where you found this information?
> >

> ​The ever-excellent OpenCorporates has its entry:
>
> https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mi/71656Y
>
> … leading to the official US state of Michigan's entry:
>
> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=71656Y
>
> No information about the officers, sadly, just a filing office.

Incorporation documents here:
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF

President:  Scott Perry
Vice President:  Ann Perry
Secretary:  Danielle Lewis

Someone else can figure out how to copy/paste.

Risker/Anne

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Richard Symonds-3
Thanks all!

I have passed this over to WMF legal to deal with as it's a trademark issue.

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

On 21 August 2014 17:31, Risker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 August 2014 12:21, James Forrester <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 21 August 2014 09:13, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Richard, any links to where you found this information?
> > >

> > ​The ever-excellent OpenCorporates has its entry:
> >
> > https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mi/71656Y
> >
> > … leading to the official US state of Michigan's entry:
> >
> > http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=71656Y
> >
> > No information about the officers, sadly, just a filing office.
> >

> Incorporation documents here:
>
> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF
>
> President:  Scott Perry
> Vice President:  Ann Perry
> Secretary:  Danielle Lewis
>
> Someone else can figure out how to copy/paste.
>
> Risker/Anne

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Gregory Varnum-2
Thank you Richard for bringing this to everyone's attention.

So folks know, WMF Legal and the Affiliations Committee are investigating
and will be reaching out to the group soon.

Thanks!
-greg aka varnent
Wikimedia Affiliations Committee Vice Chair

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Richard Symonds <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks all!
>
> I have passed this over to WMF legal to deal with as it's a trademark
> issue.
>
> Richard Symonds
> Wikimedia UK
> 0207 065 0992

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>
> *Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
> over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*
>

> On 21 August 2014 17:31, Risker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > ​The ever-excellent OpenCorporates has its entry:
> > >
> > > https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mi/71656Y
> > >
> > > … leading to the official US state of Michigan's entry:
> > >
> > > http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=71656Y
> > >
> > > No information about the officers, sadly, just a filing office.
> > >

> > Incorporation documents here:
> >

> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF
> >
> > President:  Scott Perry
> > Vice President:  Ann Perry
> > Secretary:  Danielle Lewis
> >
> > Someone else can figure out how to copy/paste.
> >
> > Risker/Anne

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Rich Farmbrough
Note that while it *is* a trademark issue, it isn't *just* a trademark
issue.

On 21 August 2014 18:44, Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Richard for bringing this to everyone's attention.
>
> So folks know, WMF Legal and the Affiliations Committee are investigating
> and will be reaching out to the group soon.
>
> Thanks!
> -greg aka varnent
> Wikimedia Affiliations Committee Vice Chair
>

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Richard Symonds <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks all!
> >
> > I have passed this over to WMF legal to deal with as it's a trademark
> > issue.
> >
> > Richard Symonds
> > Wikimedia UK
> > 0207 065 0992
> >
> > Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
> > Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
> > Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A
> 4LT.
> > United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
> > movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> > operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
> >
> > *Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
> > over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*
> >

> > On 21 August 2014 17:31, Risker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > Incorporation documents here:
> > >

> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF
> > >
> > > President:  Scott Perry
> > > Vice President:  Ann Perry
> > > Secretary:  Danielle Lewis
> > >
> > > Someone else can figure out how to copy/paste.
> > >
> > > Risker/Anne

Landline (UK) 01780 757 250
Mobile (UK) 0798 1995 792

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Balázs Viczián
how did you find them? (and that fast)

Balazs
2014.08.23. 22:45, "Richard Farmbrough" <[hidden email]> ezt írta:

> Note that while it *is* a trademark issue, it isn't *just* a trademark
> issue.
>

> On 21 August 2014 18:44, Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Richard for bringing this to everyone's attention.
> >
> > So folks know, WMF Legal and the Affiliations Committee are investigating
> > and will be reaching out to the group soon.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -greg aka varnent
> > Wikimedia Affiliations Committee Vice Chair
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Richard Symonds <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks all!
> > >
> > > I have passed this over to WMF legal to deal with as it's a trademark
> > > issue.
> > >
> > > Richard Symonds
> > > Wikimedia UK
> > > 0207 065 0992
> > >
> > > Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
> and
> > > Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
> Registered
> > > Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A
> > 4LT.
> > > United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia
> > > movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation
> (who
> > > operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
> > >
> > > *Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
> control
> > > over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*

> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF

> Landline (UK) 01780 757 250
> Mobile (UK) 0798 1995 792

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Richard Symonds-3
I edit OpenCorporates when I can. :-)
On 26 Aug 2014 21:02, "Balázs Viczián" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> how did you find them? (and that fast)
>
> Balazs
> 2014.08.23. 22:45, "Richard Farmbrough" <[hidden email]> ezt
> írta:
>
> > Note that while it *is* a trademark issue, it isn't *just* a trademark
> > issue.
> >

> > On 21 August 2014 18:44, Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you Richard for bringing this to everyone's attention.
> > >
> > > So folks know, WMF Legal and the Affiliations Committee are
> investigating
> > > and will be reaching out to the group soon.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > -greg aka varnent
> > > Wikimedia Affiliations Committee Vice Chair

> > and
> > Registered
> EC2A
> > > 4LT.
> > (who

> > control

> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF

> > Landline (UK) 01780 757 250
> > Mobile (UK) 0798 1995 792

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Ziko van Dijk-3
Hello, I'm not sure whether this is a case for the whole movement (and
this list...)
Kind regards
Ziko

> I edit OpenCorporates when I can. :-)
> On 26 Aug 2014 21:02, "Balázs Viczián" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> how did you find them? (and that fast)
>>
>> Balazs
>> 2014.08.23. 22:45, "Richard Farmbrough" <[hidden email]> ezt
>> írta:
>>
>> > Note that while it *is* a trademark issue, it isn't *just* a trademark
>> > issue.

>> investigating

>> > and
>> > Registered
>> EC2A
>> > (who

>> > control

>> http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/image.asp?FILE_TYPE=ELF&FILE_NAME=D201408\2014224\E0091608.TIF

>> > --
>> > Landline (UK) 01780 757 250
>> > Mobile (UK) 0798 1995 792

Re: [Wikimedia-l] New movement org?

Richard Symonds-3
It isn't. .. sorry for bringing it up!  I consider it closed. :-)