[Wikimedia-l] OSM Funding Drive success, extension

[Wikimedia-l] OSM Funding Drive success, extension

Tom Morris-5
Yesterday, the OpenStreetMap Foundation completed a funding drive of £40,000 ($60,000) to buy two new servers.

Because of the success of the fundraising, they have decided to extend the campaign to raise another £32,500 ($50,000).

See http://blog.openstreetmap.org/2013/06/26/extending-funding-drive/ for details.

If you've got some spare cash and want to support the technical development of the map anyone can edit, go to http://donate.openstreetmap.org/server2013/

You can also donate via Bitcoin.

OSM is growing at a phenomenal rate. The success and ramping up of OSM Foundation fundraising shows that OpenStreetMap is perhaps experiencing the same kind of organisational growing up process as Wikimedia has...

--
Tom Morris
http://tommorris.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OSM Funding Drive success, extension

Strainu
2013/6/26 Tom Morris <[hidden email]>:
> You can also donate via Bitcoin.

It's not immediately obvious to me how I can do that. Care to elaborate?

Thanks,
   Strainu

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OSM Funding Drive success, extension

Richard Symonds-3
Their bitcoin address is listed at the bottom of the donate page: it's
1J3pt9koWJZTo2jarg98RL89iJqff9Kobp

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

2013/6/26 Richard Symonds <[hidden email]>:
> Their bitcoin address is listed at the bottom of the donate page: it's
> 1J3pt9koWJZTo2jarg98RL89iJqff9Kobp

Thanks, I hadn't scrolled all the way down :)

Strainu