[Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

[Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

Keegan Peterzell
Greetings,

The snapshot summary and numbers for statistics of emails sent to Volunteer
Response Team for the year 2012 have been posted to Meta[1].  The Volunteer
Response Team, also known as OTRS, processes email inquiries, requests, and
comments about Wikimedia projects[2].  The data was derived from the OTRS
statistics module by Cbrown1023.

This is the first of further future documentation of traffic received to
the general OTRS queues.  In the report you will find data breakdowns for
OTRS admin logged action, all info queues, breakdowns of info queues with
subqueues, sister projects, and other maintenance details.  Since the
report contains a large number of datasets, I am not including the text
here.  If you need, I'll happily provide it by email.

1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012
2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS

For the team,

--
~Keegan
(OTRS Admin hat)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

MZMcBride-2
Keegan Peterzell wrote:
>1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012
>2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS

Nice. Thanks for putting this together. :-)

MZMcBride

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

phoebe ayers-3
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM, MZMcBride <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Keegan Peterzell wrote:
>>1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012
>>2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS
>
> Nice. Thanks for putting this together. :-)
>
> MZMcBride

+1, thanks, this is a great report! It's very cool to see these
numbers. Answering 50K emails, many of which are complex and delicate,
is a pretty massive undertaking -- as ever I am super impressed with
the diligence of our OTRS'ers!

-- phoebe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

Jon Davies
Do the response times get published?

On 23 January 2013 01:28, phoebe ayers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM, MZMcBride <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Keegan Peterzell wrote:
> >>1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012
> >>2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS
> >
> > Nice. Thanks for putting this together. :-)
> >
> > MZMcBride
> >

> +1, thanks, this is a great report! It's very cool to see these
> numbers. Answering 50K emails, many of which are complex and delicate,
> is a pretty massive undertaking -- as ever I am super impressed with
> the diligence of our OTRS'ers!
>
> -- phoebe

*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

Rjd0060 -
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:23 AM, Jon Davies <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Do the response times get published?

Jon,

Not in the current batch of stats.  In the coming weeks, we're going to be
working on more detailed reports on specific queues.  Response time
information (and more!) will be included in that.

--

Ryan
User:Rjd0060

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

Andrew Gray-3
Bear in mind that this year's figures will be skewed by the absolutely
enormous SOPA response - I don't have the final numbers to hand, but I know
that at one point that morning OTRS was fielding an email every minute or
two about it. It's not clear from the report if these are seperated out or
if they're included in the overall info-en unsorted total.

- Andrew.

On Wednesday, 23 January 2013, phoebe ayers wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM, MZMcBride <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Keegan Peterzell wrote:
> >>1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012
> >>2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS
> >
> > Nice. Thanks for putting this together. :-)
> >
> > MZMcBride
> >

> +1, thanks, this is a great report! It's very cool to see these
> numbers. Answering 50K emails, many of which are complex and delicate,
> is a pretty massive undertaking -- as ever I am super impressed with
> the diligence of our OTRS'ers!
>
> -- phoebe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] OTRS summaries and statistics report, 2012

Yaroslav M. Blanter
On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:30:13 -0600, Keegan Peterzell wrote:

> Greetings,

> This is the first of further future documentation of traffic received
> the general OTRS queues.  In the report you will find data breakdowns
> for
> OTRS admin logged action, all info queues, breakdowns of info queues
> with
> subqueues, sister projects, and other maintenance details.  Since the
> report contains a large number of datasets, I am not including the
> text
> here.  If you need, I'll happily provide it by email.
>
> 1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012
> 2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS
>
> For the team,

This is great, thanks. What is the choice of languages for which
breakdowns are provided  determined by? I see that some languages with
high traffic were not given. Is it that for some languages OTRS users
were willing to cooperate, and for others they were not prepared to?

Cheers
Yaroslav

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:30:13 -0600, Keegan Peterzell wrote:
>
>> Greetings,

>> This is the first of further future documentation of traffic received to
>> the general OTRS queues.  In the report you will find data breakdowns for
>> OTRS admin logged action, all info queues, breakdowns of info queues with
>> subqueues, sister projects, and other maintenance details.  Since the
>> report contains a large number of datasets, I am not including the text
>> here.  If you need, I'll happily provide it by email.
>>

>> 1. https://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS/Reports/2012>
>> 2. https://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/OTRS<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/OTRS>
>>
>> For the team,
>>

> This is great, thanks. What is the choice of languages for which
> breakdowns are provided  determined by? I see that some languages with high
> traffic were not given. Is it that for some languages OTRS users were
> willing to cooperate, and for others they were not prepared to?
>
> Cheers
> Yaroslav

All info queues and permissions queues were included in this report.  If a
language is not listed, it is because there is no queue for that particular
language - do you have any specific ones in mind?

For languages without their own queue, the main "info" and "permissions"
queues handle them.
Hope this helps.

--

Ryan
User:Rjd0060

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:56:58 -0500, Rjd0060 wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

> All info queues and permissions queues were included in this report.
> If a
> language is not listed, it is because there is no queue for that
> particular
> language - do you have any specific ones in mind?
>
> For languages without their own queue, the main "info" and
> "permissions"
> queues handle them.
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response. I actually meant not the list of queues, but
the list of queues for which breakdowns are available - they only exist
in four of five languages for the general queues. Why are other
languages not available?

Cheers
Yaroslav

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thanks for your response. I actually meant not the list of queues, but the
> list of queues for which breakdowns are available - they only exist in four
> of five languages for the general queues. Why are other languages not
> available?
>
> Cheers
> Yaroslav

Ah, apologies.  This is because the other languages do not have
"subqueues".  All tickets for the other languages are not sorted, and all
are handled in the languages' main info-** queue.

--

Ryan
User:Rjd0060

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:12:17 -0500, Rjd0060 wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your response. I actually meant not the list of queues,
>> but the
>> list of queues for which breakdowns are available - they only exist
>> in four
>> of five languages for the general queues. Why are other languages
>> not
>> available?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Yaroslav
>>

> Ah, apologies.  This is because the other languages do not have
> "subqueues".  All tickets for the other languages are not sorted, and
> all
> are handled in the languages' main info-** queue.

Oh, I see. Thanks.

Cheers
Yaroslav