[Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

[Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

ENWP Pine

Hi everyone,

WMF researchers have agreed to participate in an office hour about WMF research projects and methodologies.

The currently scheduled participants are:

* Aaron Halfaker, Research Analyst (contractor)
* Jonathan Morgan, Research Strategist (contractor)
* Evan Rosen, Data Analytics Manager, Global Development
* Haitham Shammaa, Contribution Research Manager
* Dario Taraborelli, Senior Research Analyst, Strategy

We'll meet on IRC in #wikimedia-office on April 22 at 1800 UTC. Please join us.

Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

mathieu lovato stumpf guntz
Le 2013-04-17 21:11, ENWP Pine a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> We'll meet on IRC in #wikimedia-office on April 22 at 1800 UTC.
> Please join us.

I won't be able to join, but I wish I was able to do so. Did you use a
shedule software such as [1] to organize this event? If not, please
consider using one in the future.

[1] http://framadate.org/index.php?lang=en_GB Note that this website is
powered by a free software, so Wikimedia may install its own instance if
needed.

Kind regards,
mathieu

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

ENWP Pine
Hi Mathieu,

I think that WMF has used a tool like this in the past for an office hour with Sue. For this research office hour, I believe that two researchers and I agreed on this time, and then J-Mo recruited additional WMF participants. So there's more than one way to go about scheduling an office hour. If there's significant interest, such as with Sue's office hours, then it's possible to have multiple office hours scheduled at different times about the same subject. If there's a lot of interest in this research office hour then we can schedule additional sessions, perhaps on a recurring basis, if the WMF staff agree to that.

Pine

> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:37:43 +0200
> From: Mathieu Stumpf <[hidden email]>
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers
>
> Le 2013-04-17 21:11, ENWP Pine a écrit :
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > We'll meet on IRC in #wikimedia-office on April 22 at 1800 UTC.
> > Please join us.
>
> I won't be able to join, but I wish I was able to do so. Did you use a
> shedule software such as [1] to organize this event? If not, please
> consider using one in the future.
>
> [1] http://framadate.org/index.php?lang=en_GB Note that this website is
> powered by a free software, so Wikimedia may install its own instance if
> needed.
>
> Kind regards,
> mathieu
>
> --
> Association Culture-Libre
> http://www.culture-libre.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

metasj
BTW, this looks amazing. Thanks to you all for organizing it.  I will
be travelling, but hope to see more office hours like this, perhaps
also including outside/partner researchers studying related issues.

SJ

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 4:54 AM, ENWP Pine <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> I think that WMF has used a tool like this in the past for an office hour with Sue. For this research office hour, I believe that two researchers and I agreed on this time, and then J-Mo recruited additional WMF participants. So there's more than one way to go about scheduling an office hour. If there's significant interest, such as with Sue's office hours, then it's possible to have multiple office hours scheduled at different times about the same subject. If there's a lot of interest in this research office hour then we can schedule additional sessions, perhaps on a recurring basis, if the WMF staff agree to that.
>
> Pine
>

>> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:37:43 +0200
>> From: Mathieu Stumpf <[hidden email]>
>> To: <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers
>>
>> Le 2013-04-17 21:11, ENWP Pine a écrit :
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > We'll meet on IRC in #wikimedia-office on April 22 at 1800 UTC.
>> > Please join us.
>>
>> I won't be able to join, but I wish I was able to do so. Did you use a
>> shedule software such as [1] to organize this event? If not, please
>> consider using one in the future.
>>
>> [1] http://framadate.org/index.php?lang=en_GB Note that this website is
>> powered by a free software, so Wikimedia may install its own instance if
>> needed.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> mathieu
>>
>> --
>> Association Culture-Libre
>> http://www.culture-libre.org/

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

ENWP Pine
Credit goes to J-Mo for enthusiastically supporting this idea. I mused
that I'd like to have a WMF researcher for an office hour, and largely
thanks to J-Mo's suggestions and recruiting, there will be a panel's
worth of researchers and analysts. Thanks also to the people at WMF
who made time on their schedules for this discussion.

For those who are unable to attend, the office hour will be logged.

Hopefully we'll have a good crowd at the meeting. (:

Pine

> BTW, this looks amazing. Thanks to you all for organizing it.  I will
> be travelling, but hope to see more office hours like this, perhaps
> also including outside/partner researchers studying related issues.
>
> SJ

[Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

ENWP Pine
Reminder, meeting starts in about 10 minutes.

Pine

[Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

ENWP Pine

Hi everyone,

WMF researchers have agreed to participate in an office hour. This
will be in the same format as the meeting we had in April 2013 with
researcher introductions followed by open Q&A and discussion.

The currently scheduled participants are:

* Henrique Andrade, Brazil Data and Experiments Consultant (Grantmaking Catalyst programs)
* Aaron Halfaker, Research Analyst (Analytics)
* Jonathan Morgan, Learning Strategist (Grantmaking Learning and Evaluation)

* Aaron Shaw, Assistant Professor, School of Communication, Northwestern University
* Dario Taraborelli, Senior Research Analyst, Strategy (Analytics)

The
 meeting will be on IRC in #wikimedia-office on Monday, September 23 at
1800 UTC / 1100 PST. Please spread the word and join if you are
interested.

Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

ENWP Pine
Reminder, office hour is happening now.

Pine

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

Cristian Consonni
2013/9/23 ENWP Pine <[hidden email]>:
> Reminder, office hour is happening now.

Hi,

I have missed the announcement, but I would have enjoyed to join.
Are there some minutes or transcript of the Office hours?

Thank you.

Cristian

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Office hour with WMF researchers

ENWP Pine
Yes, logs for all office hours are at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Office_hours#Office_hour_logs.

Please consider joining the wiki-research-l mailing list if you're not already subscribed.

Pine

> > Reminder, office hour is happening now.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have missed the announcement, but I would have enjoyed to join.
> Are there some minutes or transcript of the Office hours?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cristian

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Analytics] Office hour with WMF researchers

Jonathan Morgan
Hi Christian,

The transcript is here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2013-09-23

I've set a calendar reminder for myself to organize another office hour
next month, probably somewhere around the 20th-25th. We'll coordinate
through the analytics list and try to push out the announcement through as
many other channels as possible.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Cristian Consonni
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> 2013/9/23 ENWP Pine <[hidden email]>:
> > Reminder, office hour is happening now.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have missed the announcement, but I would have enjoyed to join.
> Are there some minutes or transcript of the Office hours?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cristian

Jonathan T. Morgan
Learning Strategist