[Wikimedia-l] Official disclaimers

Amir E. Aharoni
Hi,

All WMF wikis have a "Disclaimers" link at the bottom.

The target page often includes language that sounds legal, but they can be
edited by people who don't have any official legal role or certification.

Is there a general, global policy about how the name of this link is
translated, and about what is written on the page where it leads?

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Official disclaimers

Fred Bauder-2
If you edit that page you should be aware of the legal implications of what you write. You can consult our lawyers or Jimbo if you need to. It should be tailored to whatever is unique about your language or nation. Not sure if there is some global policy somewhere. It is legal. It limits liability by notifying users of various realities, such as, we cannot, and do not, guarantee reliability, so use at your own risk.

Fred Bauder

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Official disclaimers

Szymon Grabarczuk
Or Jimbo? :D

On Wed, 27 Jun 2018, 10:36 FRED BAUDER, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you edit that page you should be aware of the legal implications of
> what you write. You can consult our lawyers or Jimbo if you need to. It
> should be tailored to whatever is unique about your language or nation. Not
> sure if there is some global policy somewhere. It is legal. It limits
> liability by notifying users of various realities, such as, we cannot, and
> do not, guarantee reliability, so use at your own risk.
>
> Fred Bauder

Institutional memory. Why it said what it said in the first place.

Fred