[Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

[Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Michal Lester
I am thrilled to share with you that The National Library of Israel had

> released a collection of 200 high-resolution unique maps[1] of Jerusalem
> in collaboration with Wikimedia Israel. This collection of ancient maps,
> spanning from 1486 to 1947, contains a variety of styles and languages. The
> maps released were celbrarted by a Mapathon in the National Library of
> Israel, a writinig contest in NOWP (initiated by Wikimedia Norway)[2] and
> a post in the Wikimaps community blog[3].
> The maps are beautiful! Take a peak.
> Happy holidays for those of you who celebrate at this time of the year!
>
> ________________________
> [1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Laor_collection
> [2]
> https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ukens_konkurranse/Ukens_konkurranse_2015-52
> [3] http://wikimaps.wikimedia.fi/
>
> *Regards,*
>

> *Michal Lester,*
>
> *Executive DirectorWikimedia Israel*
> *http://www.wikimedia.org.il <http://www.wikimedia.org.il/>  *
> *972-50-8996046 ; 972-77-751-6032  *

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Anna Torres-2
What a great collection! Thanks and congrats!
El dic 19, 2015 1:53 PM, "Michal Lester" <[hidden email]>
escribió:

> I am thrilled to share with you that The National Library of Israel had
> > released a collection of 200 high-resolution unique maps[1] of Jerusalem
> > in collaboration with Wikimedia Israel. This collection of ancient maps,
> > spanning from 1486 to 1947, contains a variety of styles and languages.
> The
> > maps released were celbrarted by a Mapathon in the National Library of
> > Israel, a writinig contest in NOWP (initiated by Wikimedia Norway)[2] and
> > a post in the Wikimaps community blog[3].
> > The maps are beautiful! Take a peak.
> > Happy holidays for those of you who celebrate at this time of the year!
> >
> > ________________________
> > [1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Laor_collection
> > [2]
> >
> https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ukens_konkurranse/Ukens_konkurranse_2015-52
> > [3] http://wikimaps.wikimedia.fi/
> >
> > *Regards,*
> >

> > *Michal Lester,*
> >
> > *Executive DirectorWikimedia Israel*
> > *http://www.wikimedia.org.il <http://www.wikimedia.org.il/>  *
> > *972-50-8996046 ; 972-77-751-6032  *

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Bodhisattwa Mandal
Wow!!!
Great effort.

Bodhisattwa

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Jaime Anstee
So cool! Thanks for sharing, Michal.

--

Jaime Anstee, Ph.D
Senior Strategist

*https://donate.wikimedia.org <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Michal Lester <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am thrilled to share with you that The National Library of Israel had
> > released a collection of 200 high-resolution unique maps[1] of Jerusalem
> > in collaboration with Wikimedia Israel. This collection of ancient maps,
> > spanning from 1486 to 1947, contains a variety of styles and languages.
> The
> > maps released were celbrarted by a Mapathon in the National Library of
> > Israel, a writinig contest in NOWP (initiated by Wikimedia Norway)[2] and
> > a post in the Wikimaps community blog[3].
> > The maps are beautiful! Take a peak.
> > Happy holidays for those of you who celebrate at this time of the year!
> >
> > ________________________
> > [1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Laor_collection
> > [2]
> >
> https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ukens_konkurranse/Ukens_konkurranse_2015-52
> > [3] http://wikimaps.wikimedia.fi/
> >
> > *Regards,*
> >

> > *Michal Lester,*
> >
> > *Executive DirectorWikimedia Israel*
> > *http://www.wikimedia.org.il <http://www.wikimedia.org.il/>  *
> > *972-50-8996046 ; 972-77-751-6032  *

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Austin Hair
These are fantastic. Great work.

Austin

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Jaime Anstee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So cool! Thanks for sharing, Michal.
>
> --
>
> Jaime Anstee, Ph.D
> Senior Strategist
> Wikimedia Foundation
> +1.415.839.6885 ext 6869
> www.wikimediafoundation.org

> *https://donate.wikimedia.org <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*
>

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Michal Lester <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I am thrilled to share with you that The National Library of Israel had
>> > released a collection of 200 high-resolution unique maps[1] of Jerusalem
>> > in collaboration with Wikimedia Israel. This collection of ancient maps,
>> > spanning from 1486 to 1947, contains a variety of styles and languages.
>> The
>> > maps released were celbrarted by a Mapathon in the National Library of
>> > Israel, a writinig contest in NOWP (initiated by Wikimedia Norway)[2] and
>> > a post in the Wikimaps community blog[3].
>> > The maps are beautiful! Take a peak.
>> > Happy holidays for those of you who celebrate at this time of the year!
>> >
>> > ________________________
>> > [1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Laor_collection
>> > [2]
>> >
>> https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ukens_konkurranse/Ukens_konkurranse_2015-52
>> > [3] http://wikimaps.wikimedia.fi/
>> >
>> > *Regards,*
>> >

>> > *Michal Lester,*
>> >
>> > *Executive DirectorWikimedia Israel*
>> > *http://www.wikimedia.org.il <http://www.wikimedia.org.il/>  *
>> > *972-50-8996046 ; 972-77-751-6032  *

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Rachel diCerbo
What a treasure! Thank you to Wikimedia Israel for your work in this.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Austin Hair <[hidden email]> wrote:

> These are fantastic. Great work.
>
> Austin
>
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Jaime Anstee <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > So cool! Thanks for sharing, Michal.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Jaime Anstee, Ph.D
> > Senior Strategist
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> > +1.415.839.6885 ext 6869
> > www.wikimediafoundation.org
> >
> > Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
> > sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
> > *https://donate.wikimedia.org <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Michal Lester <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I am thrilled to share with you that The National Library of Israel had
> Jerusalem
> maps,
> languages.
> >> The
> and
> year!

> https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ukens_konkurranse/Ukens_konkurranse_2015-52

Rachel diCerbo
Director of Community Engagement (Product)
Wikimedia Foundation
Rdicerb (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Rdicerb_%28WMF%29>
@a_rachel <https://twitter.com/a_rachel>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Shlomi Fish
On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 18:53:08 +0200
Michal Lester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am thrilled to share with you that The National Library of Israel had
> > released a collection of 200 high-resolution unique maps[1] of Jerusalem
> > in collaboration with Wikimedia Israel. This collection of ancient maps,
> > spanning from 1486 to 1947, contains a variety of styles and languages. The
> > maps released were celbrarted by a Mapathon in the National Library of
> > Israel, a writinig contest in NOWP (initiated by Wikimedia Norway)[2] and
> > a post in the Wikimaps community blog[3].
> > The maps are beautiful! Take a peak.

Thanks for everybody’s efforts. I appreciate them.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Old maps of Jerusalem released

Tito Dutta
Excellent collection. Bravo. :)