[Wikimedia-l] 'Periodic Table of Economics': Mapping the Global Economy

[Wikimedia-l] 'Periodic Table of Economics': Mapping the Global Economy

Alex Peek
Project Home page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_Economic_Map

The goal of my project is create the *periodic table* for economics
readable to laypersons. To my knowledge, no other economist has attempted
to make a 'periodic table' for economics. I am using Wikipedia as a
platform for this project to gain recognition.

I demand that my project gets global attention. I cannot emphasize how
important this is. The current political leadership has shown incapable of
addressing our current problems. Change is needed. A new economic
perspective is needed. This project will enable the voting public to
clearly see the injustices of today's world economy.

I feel morally responsible to stand on top of a mountain and yell for
attention. My intentions are altruistic.  People are dying of starvation
everyday and I will not shut up until they have food. We must build schools
in developing countries with taxpayer money in rich countries. We have the
power to fix a lot of the world's problems if we only allocated our
resources properly.

I have listed below draft article that I have been working on (not
finished). Please check them out. I would love any help I can get.

1. United States:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_the_United_States

2. China:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_China

3. Japan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Japan

4. Germany:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Germany

5. France:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_France

6. Brazil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Brazil

7. United Kingdom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_the_United_Kingdom

8. Italy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_Italy

9. India

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_India

10. Russia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_Russia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 'Periodic Table of Economics': Mapping the Global Economy

Nathan Awrich
Hi Alex, just curious - since you refer to yourself as an economist,
what institution(s) are you affiliated with?

And can you explain how writing "Economy of X" articles, no matter how
detailed, will solve the problem of uneven resource distribution
around the world?

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Alex Peek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Project Home page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_Economic_Map
>
> The goal of my project is create the *periodic table* for economics
> readable to laypersons. To my knowledge, no other economist has attempted
> to make a 'periodic table' for economics. I am using Wikipedia as a
> platform for this project to gain recognition.
>
> I demand that my project gets global attention. I cannot emphasize how
> important this is. The current political leadership has shown incapable of
> addressing our current problems. Change is needed. A new economic
> perspective is needed. This project will enable the voting public to
> clearly see the injustices of today's world economy.
>
> I feel morally responsible to stand on top of a mountain and yell for
> attention. My intentions are altruistic.  People are dying of starvation
> everyday and I will not shut up until they have food. We must build schools
> in developing countries with taxpayer money in rich countries. We have the
> power to fix a lot of the world's problems if we only allocated our
> resources properly.
>
> I have listed below draft article that I have been working on (not
> finished). Please check them out. I would love any help I can get.
>
> 1. United States:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_the_United_States
>
> 2. China:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_China
>
> 3. Japan:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Japan
>
> 4. Germany:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Germany
>
> 5. France:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_France
>
> 6. Brazil:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Brazil
>
> 7. United Kingdom
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_the_United_Kingdom
>
> 8. Italy
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_Italy
>
> 9. India
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_India
>
> 10. Russia
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_Russia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 'Periodic Table of Economics': Mapping the Global Economy

Alex Peek
I want to clarify that I am not a professional economist. I am a financial
economics major at Western Washington University.

These 'Economy of X'  are designed for laypersons to see the economic
reality of the world. I believe if the public were more informed on
economics, we would better chance solving world hunger.  Once this project
is finished, one will clearly see  that there are resources available to
solve most of societies problems. I believe that my project provides a very
strong argument for humanitarian organizations in the world.

This project is a fundamentally missing piece of the economic conversation.

On 18 June 2013 18:33, Nathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alex, just curious - since you refer to yourself as an economist,
> what institution(s) are you affiliated with?
>
> And can you explain how writing "Economy of X" articles, no matter how
> detailed, will solve the problem of uneven resource distribution
> around the world?
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Alex Peek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Project Home page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_Economic_Map
> >
> > The goal of my project is create the *periodic table* for economics
> > readable to laypersons. To my knowledge, no other economist has attempted
> > to make a 'periodic table' for economics. I am using Wikipedia as a
> > platform for this project to gain recognition.
> >
> > I demand that my project gets global attention. I cannot emphasize how
> > important this is. The current political leadership has shown incapable
> of
> > addressing our current problems. Change is needed. A new economic
> > perspective is needed. This project will enable the voting public to
> > clearly see the injustices of today's world economy.
> >
> > I feel morally responsible to stand on top of a mountain and yell for
> > attention. My intentions are altruistic.  People are dying of starvation
> > everyday and I will not shut up until they have food. We must build
> schools
> > in developing countries with taxpayer money in rich countries. We have
> the
> > power to fix a lot of the world's problems if we only allocated our
> > resources properly.
> >
> > I have listed below draft article that I have been working on (not
> > finished). Please check them out. I would love any help I can get.
> >
> > 1. United States:
> >

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_the_United_States
> >
> > 2. China:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_China
> >
> > 3. Japan:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Japan
> >
> > 4. Germany:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Germany
> >
> > 5. France:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_France
> >
> > 6. Brazil:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_Brazil
> >
> > 7. United Kingdom
> >

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economy_of_the_United_Kingdom
> >
> > 8. Italy
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_Italy
> >
> > 9. India
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_India
> >
> > 10. Russia
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mcnabber091/Economic_summary_of_Russia

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 'Periodic Table of Economics': Mapping the Global Economy

David Cuenca Tudela
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Alex Peek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> These 'Economy of X'  are designed for laypersons to see the economic
> reality of the world.

So it could be considered a set of articles for http://simple.wikipedia.org?

Cheers,
Micru

Re: [Wikimedia-l] 'Periodic Table of Economics': Mapping the Global Economy

Alex Peek
Thank you I will set that up