[Wikimedia-l] Picture of the Year 2015 Results

[Wikimedia-l] Picture of the Year 2015 Results

Steinsplitter Wiki-2
Dear Wikimedians,

The tenth Picture of the Year competition (2015) has ended and we are pleased to announce the results:

In both rounds, people voted for their favorite media files.

In Round 1, there were 1322 candidate images.In the second round, people voted for the 56 finalists (the R1 top 30 overall and top 2 in each category).

We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for
creating these beautiful media files and sharing them as freely licensed
 content:

658 people voted for the winner, File:Pluto-01 Stern 03 Pluto Color TXT.jpg (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pluto-01_Stern_03_Pluto_Color_TXT.jpg)
In second place, 617 people voted for File:Nasir-al molk -1.jpg (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nasir-al_molk_-1.jpg)
In third place, 582 people voted for File:Heavens Above Her.jpg (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Heavens_Above_Her.jpg)

See https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2015/Results to view the top images »

We also sincerely thank to all voters for participating. We invite you to continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.

Thanks,
Steinsplitter on behalf of
the Picture of the Year committee

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Picture of the Year 2015 Results

Anna Stillwell
Such beautiful photographs. Congratulations to all of the contributors. I
love that our minds and photos are venturing beyond this world in many of
the contributions, as well as showcasing the beauty of our home planet. :)

Again, congratulations. Beautiful work.
/a

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Steinsplitter Wiki <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedians,
>

> The tenth Picture of the Year competition (2015) has ended and we are
> pleased to announce the results:
>
> In both rounds, people voted for their favorite media files.
>
> In Round 1, there were 1322 candidate images.In the second round, people
> voted for the 56 finalists (the R1 top 30 overall and top 2 in each
> category).
>

> We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for
> creating these beautiful media files and sharing them as freely licensed
>  content:
>
> 658 people voted for the winner, File:Pluto-01 Stern 03 Pluto Color
> TXT.jpg (
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pluto-01_Stern_03_Pluto_Color_TXT.jpg
> )
> In second place, 617 people voted for File:Nasir-al molk -1.jpg (
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nasir-al_molk_-1.jpg)
> In third place, 582 people voted for File:Heavens Above Her.jpg (
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Heavens_Above_Her.jpg)
>

> See
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2015/Results
> to view the top images »
>

> We also sincerely thank to all voters for participating. We invite you to
> continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
>

> Thanks,
> Steinsplitter on behalf of
> the Picture of the Year committee

Anna Stillwell
Director of Culture and Collaboration
Wikimedia Foundation
415.806.1536
*www.wikimediafoundation.org <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Picture of the Year 2015 Results

Rodrigo Padula-3
I'm very happy to see that a picture uploaded during the Wiki Loves Earth Brasil is listed there

#9: Sunrise with Paraná pines (Araucaria angustifolia) as seen at the Serra da Bocaina National Park, Brazil. – Attribution: Heris Luiz Cordeiro Rocha

Surely this result motivates me and the Wikimedia Brazilian Group of Education and Research to continue the hard work organizing the Wiki Loves Earth Brazil in partnership with our friends from Wikimedia Ukraine.

Best regards and congratulations to all people involved!

Rodrigo Padula
Coordenador de Projetos
Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
http://www.wikimedia.org.br
21 99326-0558

---- On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 13:44:02 -0300 Anna Stillwell&lt;[hidden email]&gt; wrote ----

Such beautiful photographs. Congratulations to all of the contributors. I
love that our minds and photos are venturing beyond this world in many of
the contributions, as well as showcasing the beauty of our home planet. :)

Again, congratulations. Beautiful work.
/a

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Steinsplitter Wiki &lt;
[hidden email]&gt; wrote:

&gt; Dear Wikimedians,
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; The tenth Picture of the Year competition (2015) has ended and we are
&gt; pleased to announce the results:
&gt;
&gt; In both rounds, people voted for their favorite media files.
&gt;
&gt; In Round 1, there were 1322 candidate images.In the second round, people
&gt; voted for the 56 finalists (the R1 top 30 overall and top 2 in each
&gt; category).
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; We congratulate the winners of the contest and thank them for
&gt; creating these beautiful media files and sharing them as freely licensed
&gt; content:
&gt;
&gt; 658 people voted for the winner, File:Pluto-01 Stern 03 Pluto Color
&gt; TXT.jpg (
&gt; https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pluto-01_Stern_03_Pluto_Color_TXT.jpg
&gt; )
&gt; In second place, 617 people voted for File:Nasir-al molk -1.jpg (
&gt; https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nasir-al_molk_-1.jpg)
&gt; In third place, 582 people voted for File:Heavens Above Her.jpg (
&gt; https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Heavens_Above_Her.jpg)
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; See
&gt; https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Picture_of_the_Year/2015/Results
&gt; to view the top images »
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; We also sincerely thank to all voters for participating. We invite you to
&gt; continue to participate in the Commons community by sharing your work.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Thanks,
&gt; Steinsplitter on behalf of
&gt; the Picture of the Year committee
&gt;
&gt; _______________________________________________
&gt; Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
&gt; https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines
&gt; New messages to: [hidden email]
&gt; Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
&gt; &lt;mailto:[hidden email]?subject=unsubscribe&gt;

--
Anna Stillwell
Director of Culture and Collaboration
Wikimedia Foundation
415.806.1536
*www.wikimediafoundation.org &lt;http://www.wikimediafoundation.org&gt;*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Picture of the Year 2015 Results

Fæ
I'm surprised one of my UK Ministry of Defence uploads is on the list. Nice
reward to start the weekend.

Fae

(