[Wikimedia-l] Presenting Community Engagement Insights 2016-17 Report: Tuesday, Oct 10, 1600 UTC

[Wikimedia-l] Presenting Community Engagement Insights 2016-17 Report: Tuesday, Oct 10, 1600 UTC

Maria Cruz
Hi all,

In 2016, the Wikimedia Foundation initiated a new project, called Community
Engagement Insights, under which we designed a Wikimedia Contributors and
Communities survey, that aims to improve the alignment between the
Wikimedia Foundation and the communities it serves.

In this project, Foundation staff designed hundreds of questions that were
organized into a single, comprehensive, online survey. The Foundation sent
the survey to many different types of Wikimedians, including editors,
affiliates, program leaders, and technical contributors.

After completing the basic analysis, we now want to share some of what we
learned and what's next. On Tuesday, October 10, at 10 am PST, we will hold
a public meeting, where we will present some of the data we found and how
different teams might use it, offer guidance on how to navigate the report,
and open the space for questions. Join in the conversation! You can watch
the livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoXpL-OUdNU , and ask
question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.

We look forward to seeing many of you you at the presentation!

Best,

*María Cruz * \\  Communications and outreach manager, L&E Team \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
[hidden email]  |  Twitter:  @marianarra_
<https://twitter.com/marianarra_>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Presenting Community Engagement Insights 2016-17 Report: Tuesday, Oct 10, 1600 UTC

Maria Cruz
Hi all,
As a reminder of this event, and a follow up, please note the presentation
tomorrow is at 9 am PST (1600 UTC), not 10 am, as it says in the email
body.

Hope to see many of you there!

Best,

María

On Oct 4, 2017 15:42, "Maria Cruz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In 2016, the Wikimedia Foundation initiated a new project, called
> Community Engagement Insights, under which we designed a Wikimedia
> Contributors and Communities survey, that aims to improve the alignment
> between the Wikimedia Foundation and the communities it serves.
>
> In this project, Foundation staff designed hundreds of questions that were
> organized into a single, comprehensive, online survey. The Foundation sent
> the survey to many different types of Wikimedians, including editors,
> affiliates, program leaders, and technical contributors.
>
> After completing the basic analysis, we now want to share some of what we
> learned and what's next. On Tuesday, October 10, at 10 am PST, we will hold
> a public meeting, where we will present some of the data we found and how
> different teams might use it, offer guidance on how to navigate the report,
> and open the space for questions. Join in the conversation! You can watch
> the livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoXpL-OUdNU , and
> ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
>

> We look forward to seeing many of you you at the presentation!
>

> Best,
>

> *María Cruz * \\  Communications and outreach manager, L&E Team \\ Wikimedia
> Foundation, Inc.
> [hidden email]  |  Twitter:  @marianarra_
> <https://twitter.com/marianarra_>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Presenting Community Engagement Insights 2016-17 Report: Tuesday, Oct 10, 1600 UTC

Todd Allen
Will there be anything available for editors who will not be able to view
or participate in the event when it is live?

Also, Youtube has seemed to be under criticism lately for taking steps to
not allow all features of its site to be accessible to those of all views,
and regardless is certainly not a free (as in speech at least) content
platform. I'd rather question the choice there.

On Oct 9, 2017 1:09 PM, "Maria Cruz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> As a reminder of this event, and a follow up, please note the presentation
> tomorrow is at 9 am PST (1600 UTC), not 10 am, as it says in the email
> body.
>
> Hope to see many of you there!
>
> Best,
>
> María
>
> On Oct 4, 2017 15:42, "Maria Cruz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In 2016, the Wikimedia Foundation initiated a new project, called
> > Community Engagement Insights, under which we designed a Wikimedia
> > Contributors and Communities survey, that aims to improve the alignment
> > between the Wikimedia Foundation and the communities it serves.
> >
> > In this project, Foundation staff designed hundreds of questions that
> were
> > organized into a single, comprehensive, online survey. The Foundation
> sent
> > the survey to many different types of Wikimedians, including editors,
> > affiliates, program leaders, and technical contributors.
> >
> > After completing the basic analysis, we now want to share some of what we
> > learned and what's next. On Tuesday, October 10, at 10 am PST, we will
> hold
> > a public meeting, where we will present some of the data we found and how
> > different teams might use it, offer guidance on how to navigate the
> report,
> > and open the space for questions. Join in the conversation! You can watch
> > the livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoXpL-OUdNU , and
> > ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
> >

> > We look forward to seeing many of you you at the presentation!
> >

> > Best,
> >

> > *María Cruz * \\  Communications and outreach manager, L&E Team \\
> Wikimedia
> > Foundation, Inc.
> > [hidden email]  |  Twitter:  @marianarra_
> > <https://twitter.com/marianarra_>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Presenting Community Engagement Insights 2016-17 Report: Tuesday, Oct 10, 1600 UTC

Jan Ainali-4

> ...and regardless is certainly not a free (as in speech at least) content
> platform. I'd rather question the choice there.

It is possible to, and WMF usually do, mark content on Youtube with a CC BY
license. The link provided in the start of the thread show this.

/Jan

> On Oct 9, 2017 1:09 PM, "Maria Cruz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > As a reminder of this event, and a follow up, please note the
> presentation
> > tomorrow is at 9 am PST (1600 UTC), not 10 am, as it says in the email
> > body.
> >
> > Hope to see many of you there!
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > María
> >
> > On Oct 4, 2017 15:42, "Maria Cruz" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > In 2016, the Wikimedia Foundation initiated a new project, called
> > > Community Engagement Insights, under which we designed a Wikimedia
> > > Contributors and Communities survey, that aims to improve the alignment
> > > between the Wikimedia Foundation and the communities it serves.
> > >
> > > In this project, Foundation staff designed hundreds of questions that
> > were
> > > organized into a single, comprehensive, online survey. The Foundation
> > sent
> > > the survey to many different types of Wikimedians, including editors,
> > > affiliates, program leaders, and technical contributors.
> > >
> > > After completing the basic analysis, we now want to share some of what
> we
> > > learned and what's next. On Tuesday, October 10, at 10 am PST, we will
> > hold
> > > a public meeting, where we will present some of the data we found and
> how
> > > different teams might use it, offer guidance on how to navigate the
> > report,
> > > and open the space for questions. Join in the conversation! You can
> watch
> > > the livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoXpL-OUdNU , and
> > > ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
> > >

> > > We look forward to seeing many of you you at the presentation!
> > >

> > > Best,
> > >

> > > *María Cruz * \\  Communications and outreach manager, L&E Team \\
> > Wikimedia
> > > Foundation, Inc.
> > > [hidden email]  |  Twitter:  @marianarra_
> > > <https://twitter.com/marianarra_>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Presenting Community Engagement Insights 2016-17 Report: Tuesday, Oct 10, 1600 UTC

Maria Cruz
Thank you, Jan. That is exactly correct: this content was marked with CC
license.

The meeting will be recorded, and available later on the same link. Anyone
will be able to watch it afterwards, and leave comments if you have
questions.