[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Carlos M. Colina
Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia
User Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria
Wikimedians User Group.

Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time
wanted to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as
early as 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different
languages spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an
Algerian university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013
Algeria, which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a
local level about the need of making more and more knowledge open in
Algeria.

So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's give
them a warm welcome!

Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!

Carlos

1:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_October_2014

--
"*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Santiago Navarro
Bienvenus!! Vouz avez le support de Wikimedia España.

El 2014-11-01 19:17, Carlos M. Colina escribió:

> Dear all,
>
> We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia
> User Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria
> Wikimedians User Group.
>
> Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time
> wanted to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since
> as early as 2009, when started attempts to create projects in
> different languages spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education
> program in an Algerian university, and participating in Wiki Loves
> Monuments in 2013 Algeria, which was quite a success and created a lot
> of awareness at a local level about the need of making more and more
> knowledge open in Algeria.
>
> So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's
> give them a warm welcome!
>
> Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
>
> Carlos
>

> 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_October_2014

--
Santiago Navarro Sanz
Wikimedia España

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Asaf Bartov-2
Congratulations to our Algerian colleagues (I hope some are subscribed to
this list!) from the Wikimedia Foundation.

   A.
On Nov 1, 2014 11:17 AM, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia User
> Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria Wikimedians
> User Group.
>
> Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time wanted
> to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as early as
> 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different languages
> spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an Algerian
> university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013 Algeria,
> which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a local level
> about the need of making more and more knowledge open in Algeria.
>
> So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's give
> them a warm welcome!
>
> Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
>
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_
> Liaison_approval,_October_2014
>

> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

keilanawiki@gmail.com
(: !مبروك وأهلاً بكم! أنا فعلاً سعيدة لكم

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to our Algerian colleagues (I hope some are subscribed to
> this list!) from the Wikimedia Foundation.
>
>    A.
> On Nov 1, 2014 11:17 AM, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia
> User
> > Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria Wikimedians
> > User Group.
> >
> > Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time
> wanted
> > to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as early as
> > 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different languages
> > spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an Algerian
> > university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013 Algeria,
> > which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a local level
> > about the need of making more and more knowledge open in Algeria.
> >
> > So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's give
> > them a warm welcome!
> >
> > Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
> >
> > Carlos
> >

> > 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> > Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_
> > Liaison_approval,_October_2014
> >

> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Subhashish Panigrahi-4
Congratulations all our Algerian friends!

Best!
Subha

> On 2 ନଭେମ୍ବର 2014, at 8:01 am, Keilana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> (: !مبروك وأهلاً بكم! أنا فعلاً سعيدة لكم
>
>> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations to our Algerian colleagues (I hope some are subscribed to
>> this list!) from the Wikimedia Foundation.
>>
>>   A.
>> On Nov 1, 2014 11:17 AM, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia
>> User
>>> Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria Wikimedians
>>> User Group.
>>>
>>> Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time
>> wanted
>>> to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as early as
>>> 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different languages
>>> spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an Algerian
>>> university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013 Algeria,
>>> which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a local level
>>> about the need of making more and more knowledge open in Algeria.
>>>
>>> So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's give
>>> them a warm welcome!
>>>
>>> Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
>>>
>>> Carlos
>>>

>>> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
>>> Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_
>>> Liaison_approval,_October_2014
>>>

>>> --
>>> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
>>> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
>>> Carlos M. Colina
>>> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
>>> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
>>> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
>>> Phone: +972-52-4869915
>>> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Happy to learn about this :)
GerardM

On 1 November 2014 19:17, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia User
> Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria Wikimedians
> User Group.
>
> Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time wanted
> to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as early as
> 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different languages
> spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an Algerian
> university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013 Algeria,
> which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a local level
> about the need of making more and more knowledge open in Algeria.
>
> So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's give
> them a warm welcome!
>
> Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
>
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_
> Liaison_approval,_October_2014
>

> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Vishnu t
Many congratulations!! Happy to hear this.

Vishnu
CIS-A2K

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Tonmoy Khan
Many congratulations to Algerian Wikimedians.

Cheers

Ali Haidar Khan
FDC Member
Treasurer, Wikimedia Bangladesh
On Nov 2, 2014 3:14 PM, "Vishnu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many congratulations!! Happy to hear this.
>
> Vishnu
> CIS-A2K

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Tonmoy Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many congratulations to Algerian Wikimedians.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ali Haidar Khan
> FDC Member
> Treasurer, Wikimedia Bangladesh
> On Nov 2, 2014 3:14 PM, "Vishnu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Many congratulations!! Happy to hear this.
> >
> > Vishnu
> > CIS-A2K

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Moderator, Social Media Interaction | The Daily Prothom-Alo
<http://www.prothom-alo.com>
Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge <http://www.okfn.org>
Treasurer | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>
Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
Author & Translator | Global Voice
<http://bn.globalvoicesonline.org/author/hasive>
fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive
| www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Alex Wang
Congrats to the Algerian User Group!

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 2:25 AM, Nurunnaby Hasive <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to Algerian Wikimedians!
>
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Tonmoy Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Many congratulations to Algerian Wikimedians.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Ali Haidar Khan
> > FDC Member
> > Treasurer, Wikimedia Bangladesh
> > On Nov 2, 2014 3:14 PM, "Vishnu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Many congratulations!! Happy to hear this.
> > >
> > > Vishnu
> > > CIS-A2K

> *Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive*
> Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
> <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
> Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
> Moderator, Social Media Interaction | The Daily Prothom-Alo
> <http://www.prothom-alo.com>
> Bangladesh Ambassador | Open Knowledge <http://www.okfn.org>
> Treasurer | Bangladesh Open Source Network (BdOSN) <http://www.bdosn.org>
> Task Force Member | Mozilla Bangladesh <http://www.mozillabd.org>
> Author & Translator | Global Voice
> <http://bn.globalvoicesonline.org/author/hasive>
> fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype:
> nhasive
> | www.nhasive.com

Alex Wang
Program Officer
Project & Event Grants
Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>
+1 415-839-6885
Skype: alexvwang

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Charles Andrès-2
Bienvenu(e)s!

> Le 1 nov. 2014 à 19:17, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear all,
>
> We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia User Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria Wikimedians User Group.
>
> Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time wanted to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as early as 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different languages spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an Algerian university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013 Algeria, which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a local level about the need of making more and more knowledge open in Algeria.
>
> So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's give them a warm welcome!
>
> Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
>
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_October_2014
>

> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Àlex Hinojo
Good news! Soyez bienvenu(e)s! :-)

[hidden email]>:

> Bienvenu(e)s!
>

> > Le 1 nov. 2014 à 19:17, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia
> User Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria
> Wikimedians User Group.
> >
> > Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time
> wanted to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as
> early as 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different
> languages spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an
> Algerian university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013
> Algeria, which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a
> local level about the need of making more and more knowledge open in
> Algeria.
> >
> > So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's give
> them a warm welcome!
> >
> > Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
> >
> > Carlos
> >

> > 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_October_2014
> >

> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

Àlex Hinojo / Kippelboy
Cultural Programme Manager
Amical Wikimedia
www.wikimedia.cat
@kippelboy

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Stevie Benton
Congratulations from Wikimedia UK!

On 3 November 2014 06:30, Àlex Hinojo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good news! Soyez bienvenu(e)s! :-)

> [hidden email]>:
>
> > Bienvenu(e)s!
> >

> > > Le 1 nov. 2014 à 19:17, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> a
> > écrit :
> > >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > We are pleased to announce the recognition [1] of the third Wikimedia
> > User Group from the Arab World and the fifth from Africa: Algeria
> > Wikimedians User Group.
> > >
> > > Our Wikimedian brothers and sisters in Algeria have for a long time
> > wanted to associate and multiply their contributions tigether, since as
> > early as 2009, when started attempts to create projects in different
> > languages spoken in Algeria in the Incubator, an education program in an
> > Algerian university, and participating in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2013
> > Algeria, which was quite a success and created a lot of awareness at a
> > local level about the need of making more and more knowledge open in
> > Algeria.
> > >
> > > So, now we have them joining the family of affiliates.Please, let's
> give
> > them a warm welcome!
> > >
> > > Soyez les bienvenus, amis algériens!
> > >
> > > Carlos
> > >

> > > 1:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Algeria_Wikimedians_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_October_2014
> > >

> > > --
> > > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee
> wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > > Carlos M. Colina
> > > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > > Twitter: @maor_x

> Àlex Hinojo / Kippelboy
> Cultural Programme Manager
> Amical Wikimedia
> www.wikimedia.cat
> @kippelboy

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Emily Blanchard
Welcome and Congratulations!

Emily Blanchard
Talent Acquisition Team
Wikimedia Foundation
eblanchard@wikimedia. <[hidden email]>org
Follow us on Twitter @wikimediaatwork
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home
Become a Contributor:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Teahouse
Join Us: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Work_with_us
Developers Join the Fun: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Communication

*Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share inthe
sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!*

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Subhashish Panigrahi <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations all our Algerian friends!
>
> Best!
> Subha
>
> > On 2 ନଭେମ୍ବର 2014, at 8:01 am, Keilana <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > (: !مبروك وأهلاً بكم! أنا فعلاً سعيدة لكم
> >
> >> On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Congratulations to our Algerian colleagues (I hope some are subscribed
> >> this list!) from the Wikimedia Foundation.
> >>
> >>   A.

> >> User
> Wikimedians

> >> wanted
> as
> level

> give

> wayuukanairua
> junain."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Cristian Consonni
Congratulazioni! Benvenuti!

Cristian

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Pierre-Selim
Félicitations \o/
Congrats

> Congratulazioni! Benvenuti!
>
> Cristian

Pierre-Selim

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Patricio Lorente
Bienvenidos!!

Enviado desde mi teléfono celular
Disculpe la brevedad.
El 04/11/2014 06:56, "Pierre-Selim" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Félicitations \o/
> Congrats

> > Congratulazioni! Benvenuti!
> >
> > Cristian

> Pierre-Selim

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Enock Seth Nyamador
Congrats from Ghana. Good to see User Groups activated across Africa.

Best,
Enock.

On 11/4/14, Patricio Lorente <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bienvenidos!!
>
> Enviado desde mi teléfono celular
> Disculpe la brevedad.
> El 04/11/2014 06:56, "Pierre-Selim" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>> Félicitations \o/
>> Congrats

>> > Congratulazioni! Benvenuti!
>> >
>> > Cristian

>> --
>> Pierre-Selim

@Enock4seth
User:Enock4seth

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Algeria Wikimedians User Group

Tanweer Morshed
Congratulations to the Algerian User Group!

Regards,
Tanweer
Wikimedia Bangladesh

> Congrats from Ghana. Good to see User Groups activated across Africa.
>
> Best,
> Enock.
>
> On 11/4/14, Patricio Lorente <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Bienvenidos!!
> >
> > Enviado desde mi teléfono celular
> > Disculpe la brevedad.
> > El 04/11/2014 06:56, "Pierre-Selim" <[hidden email]> escribió:
> >
> >> Félicitations \o/
> >> Congrats

> >> --
> >> Pierre-Selim