[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Carlos M. Colina
Dear all,

I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing
a collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss
gender-related issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase
in content and contributor diversity.

Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)

1:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/WikiWomen's_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_July_2015
--
"*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Tanweer Morshed
Congratulations WikiWomen's UG! Hope you'll put great efforts towards
reducing gender gap in Wikimedia projects.

Regards,
Tanweer

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing a
> collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss gender-related
> issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase in content and
> contributor diversity.
>
> Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
>

> 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/WikiWomen's_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_July_2015
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve
> <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Tanweer Morshed

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Katherine Casey
Awesome news, I'm always glad to see more efforts to be welcoming to women!

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Jan-Bart de Vreede-3
Congratulations !

Jan-Bart

> On 19 Jul 2015, at 06:24, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing a collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss gender-related issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase in content and contributor diversity.
>
> Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
>

> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/WikiWomen's_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_July_2015
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Shlomi Fish
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 14:24:55 +0300
"Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing
> a collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss
> gender-related issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase
> in content and contributor diversity.
>
> Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)

Congratulations, welcome aboard and good luck!

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Raymond Leonard
Welcome to the WikiWomen's User Group!

Yours,
Peaceray <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Peaceray>
Cascadia Wikimedians User Group <http://cascadia.wiki>

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 14:24:55 +0300
> "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> > Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> > affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing
> > a collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss
> > gender-related issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase
> > in content and contributor diversity.
> >
> > Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
> >

> Congratulations, welcome aboard and good luck!
>
> Regards,
>
>         Shlomi Fish

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Patrick Earley
Congrats, WikiWomen!

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Raymond Leonard <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome to the WikiWomen's User Group!
>
> Yours,
> Peaceray <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Peaceray>
> Cascadia Wikimedians User Group <http://cascadia.wiki>
>
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 14:24:55 +0300
> > "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> > > Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> > > affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing
> > > a collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss
> > > gender-related issues (but not limited to) and work towards the
> increase
> > > in content and contributor diversity.
> > >
> > > Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
> > >

> > Congratulations, welcome aboard and good luck!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >         Shlomi Fish

> .

Patrick Earley
Community Advocate

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Katy Love
Congratulations and welcome!!

Katy

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Patrick Earley <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congrats, WikiWomen!
>
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Raymond Leonard <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Welcome to the WikiWomen's User Group!
> >
> > Yours,
> > Peaceray <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Peaceray>
> > Cascadia Wikimedians User Group <http://cascadia.wiki>
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Shlomi Fish <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> Wikimedia
> providing
> > increase

> > > Congratulations, welcome aboard and good luck!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >         Shlomi Fish
> > >
> > > --
> http://shlom.in/reply
> > .

> Patrick Earley
> Community Advocate
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Peter Southwood
Welcome,

wrote:

> Congrats, WikiWomen!
>
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Raymond Leonard <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Welcome to the WikiWomen's User Group!
> >
> > Yours,
> > Peaceray <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Peaceray>
> > Cascadia Wikimedians User Group <http://cascadia.wiki>
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Shlomi Fish
> > <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:

> Wikimedia
> providing
> > increase

> > > Congratulations, welcome aboard and good luck!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >         Shlomi Fish
> > >
> > > --
> http://shlom.in/reply
> > .

> > > e>

> Patrick Earley
> Community Advocate
> Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Samir Elsharbaty
Awesome!! Congratulations!

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Peter Southwood <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome,

Samir Elsharbaty,
Communications Intern, Wikipedia Education Program
Wikimedia Foundation
+2.011.200.696.77
[hidden email]
education.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Isabella Apriyana
Congratulations!

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing a
> collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss gender-related
> issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase in content and
> contributor diversity.
>
> Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
>

> 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/WikiWomen's_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_July_2015
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve
> <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

*Isabella Apriyana*
*Sekretaris Jendral **(Secretary General)*
*Wikimedia Indonesia*
Seluler +6281213700084
Surel [hidden email]

Dukung upaya kami membebaskan pengetahuan!
http://wikimedia.or.id/wiki/Wikimedia_Indonesia:Donasi

Support us to free the knowledge!
http://wikimedia.or.id/wiki/Wikimedia_Indonesia:Donasi

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Sydney Poore
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome for this new WikiWomen's User
Group.

Help us spread the work all around the world to chapters and other
affiliated organizations that are working on the gender gap already and
would find this group an useful place to connect with other people with
similar interests.

Also, any women and allies working on any WMF project who are interested in
the gender gap is welcome to join. All languages welcome. Help us translate
the pages.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiWomen%27s_User_Group#Interested_in_participating

Sydney

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Wikipedian in Residence
at Cochrane Collaboration

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing a
> collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss gender-related
> issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase in content and
> contributor diversity.
>
> Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
>

> 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/WikiWomen's_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_July_2015
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve
> <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Nasir Khan
Great news, congrats :D

Nasir Khan
Wikimedia Bangladesh

--
*Nasir Khan Saikat*
www.nasirkhn.com

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thank you everyone for the warm welcome for this new WikiWomen's User
> Group.
>
> Help us spread the work all around the world to chapters and other
> affiliated organizations that are working on the gender gap already and
> would find this group an useful place to connect with other people with
> similar interests.
>
> Also, any women and allies working on any WMF project who are interested in
> the gender gap is welcome to join. All languages welcome. Help us translate
> the pages.
>

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiWomen%27s_User_Group#Interested_in_participating
>
> Sydney
>
> Sydney Poore
> User:FloNight
> Wikipedian in Residence
> at Cochrane Collaboration
>
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> > Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> > affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are providing a
> > collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss gender-related
> > issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase in content and
> > contributor diversity.
> >
> > Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
> >

> > 1:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/WikiWomen's_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_July_2015
> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve
> > <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Patricio Lorente
Congratulations, WikiWomen, and welcome!

                                             Patricio

El mar., 21 de jul. de 2015 a la(s) 3:19 a. m., Nasir Khan <
[hidden email]> escribió:

> Great news, congrats :D
>
> Nasir Khan
> Wikimedia Bangladesh
>

> --
> *Nasir Khan Saikat*
> www.nasirkhn.com
>

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Sydney Poore <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you everyone for the warm welcome for this new WikiWomen's User
> > Group.
> >
> > Help us spread the work all around the world to chapters and other
> > affiliated organizations that are working on the gender gap already and
> > would find this group an useful place to connect with other people with
> > similar interests.
> >
> > Also, any women and allies working on any WMF project who are interested
> in
> > the gender gap is welcome to join. All languages welcome. Help us
> translate
> > the pages.
> >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiWomen%27s_User_Group#Interested_in_participating
> >
> > Sydney
> >
> > Sydney Poore
> > User:FloNight
> > Wikipedian in Residence
> > at Cochrane Collaboration
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Carlos M. Colina <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I am pleased and honoured to announce on behalf of the Affiliations
> > > Committe the recognition [1] of a new member of the family of Wikimedia
> > > affiliates: The WikiWomen's User Group. Among their goals are
> providing a
> > > collaborative space for women to work on projects, discuss
> gender-related
> > > issues (but not limited to) and work towards the increase in content
> and
> > > contributor diversity.
> > >
> > > Please, join us in welcoming them!! :-)
> > >

> > > 1:
> > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/WikiWomen's_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_July_2015
> > > --
> > > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee
> wayuukanairua
> > > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya
> junain."
> > > Carlos M. Colina
> > > Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve
> > > <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > > Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of WikiWomen's User Group

Alex Wang
Great news! Excited to see some awesome projects from this group!

Alexandra Wang
Program Officer
Project & Event Grants
Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>