[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Carlos M. Colina
Dear all,

It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF
resolved [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The
resolution was made public a few days ago.

The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter
started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related
to freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium &
Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other
activities, the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when,
the decision was taken to start officially the chapter creation process.

This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those
the change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year.
Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction
between all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent
to the WMF regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)

Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!

Regards,
Carlos

1:
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium

--
"*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Rodrigo Padula-2
Congratulations fellows!!

Best regards

Rodrigo Padula
Brazil
 Em 02/09/2014 14:46, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Dear all,
>
> It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF resolved
> [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The resolution
> was made public a few days ago.
>
> The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter
> started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related to
> freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium &
> Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other activities,
> the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when, the decision was
> taken to start officially the chapter creation process.
>
> This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those the
> change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year.
> Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction between
> all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent to the WMF
> regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)
>
> Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!
>
> Regards,
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:
> Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium
>
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Nasir Khan
Congrats to all who were involved in this success :D

--
*Nasir Khan Saikat*
www.nasirkhn.com

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF resolved
> [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The resolution
> was made public a few days ago.
>
> The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter
> started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related to
> freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium &
> Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other activities,
> the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when, the decision was
> taken to start officially the chapter creation process.
>
> This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those the
> change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year.
> Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction between
> all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent to the WMF
> regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)
>
> Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!
>
> Regards,
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:
> Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium
>
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Romaine Wiki-2
Thanks all!

The next step will be the actual founding. In two days we already have a
meeting to talk about it.

Anyone interested in the founding, you are welcome to sign up at
https://be.wikimedia.org/wiki/Founding/Interested_people

Romaine

> Congrats to all who were involved in this success :D
>

> --
> *Nasir Khan Saikat*
> www.nasirkhn.com
>

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF
> resolved
> > [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The resolution
> > was made public a few days ago.
> >
> > The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter
> > started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related
> > freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium &
> > Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other activities,
> > the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when, the decision
> was
> > taken to start officially the chapter creation process.
> >
> > This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those the
> > change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year.
> > Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction
> between
> > all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent to the
> WMF
> > regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)
> >
> > Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Carlos
> >

> > 1: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:
> > Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium
> >
> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Nathan Awrich
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Romaine Wiki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks all!
>
> The next step will be the actual founding. In two days we already have a
> meeting to talk about it.
>
> Anyone interested in the founding, you are welcome to sign up at
> https://be.wikimedia.org/wiki/Founding/Interested_people
>
> Romaine

Hi Romaine! When you say "founding", are you referring only to the process
of registering with a government body or do you mean something more? I
looked at the Founding page on be.wikimedia.org and didn't see an answer to
this question.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Ad Huikeshoven
Congratulations Belgium. Douze points.

On behalf of the Board of Wikimedia Nederland, best wishes! We're looking
forward to cooperation and collaboration in the future. Wikimedia Nederland
is prepared to support Wikimedia Belgium in the founding process and
thereafter. However, you're out on your own to gather the required number
of people in one place to sign the founding papers.

Ad Huikeshoven

Ad Huikeshoven

Bestuurslid / Board member Wikimedia Nederland
Internationaal / International Affairs
Educatieprogramma / Education Program

tel.    (+31) (0)70 3608510
mob. (+31) (0)6 40293574

Steun vrije kennis! Kijk op wikimedia.nl
<http://www.wikimedia.nl/pagina/doneren-aan-wikimedia-nederland>
*Postadres*:                                                 * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

ABNAMRO NL33 ABNA 0497164833 - Kamer van Koophandel 17189036

> [...]
> > > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > > Twitter: @maor_x

Ad Huikeshoven

Bestuurslid / Board member Wikimedia Nederland
Internationaal / International Affairs
Educatieprogramma / Education Program

tel.    (+31) (0)70 3608510
mob. (+31) (0)6 40293574

Steun vrije kennis! Kijk op wikimedia.nl
<http://www.wikimedia.nl/pagina/doneren-aan-wikimedia-nederland>
*Postadres*:                                                 * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht

ABNAMRO NL33 ABNA 0497164833 - Kamer van Koophandel 17189036

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Stevie Benton
Well done everyone involved! I know how hard you have all worked to make
this happen, I'm very pleased for you all.

Congrats!

Stevie

On 3 September 2014 07:41, Ad Huikeshoven <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations Belgium. Douze points.
>
> On behalf of the Board of Wikimedia Nederland, best wishes! We're looking
> forward to cooperation and collaboration in the future. Wikimedia Nederland
> is prepared to support Wikimedia Belgium in the founding process and
> thereafter. However, you're out on your own to gather the required number
> of people in one place to sign the founding papers.
>
> Ad Huikeshoven
>
> Ad Huikeshoven
>
> Bestuurslid / Board member Wikimedia Nederland
> Internationaal / International Affairs
> Educatieprogramma / Education Program
>
> tel.    (+31) (0)70 3608510
> mob. (+31) (0)6 40293574
>
> Steun vrije kennis! Kijk op wikimedia.nl
> <http://www.wikimedia.nl/pagina/doneren-aan-wikimedia-nederland>
> *Postadres*:                                                 *
> Bezoekadres:*
> Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
> 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht
>
> ABNAMRO NL33 ABNA 0497164833 - Kamer van Koophandel 17189036

> > Thanks all!
> >
> > The next step will be the actual founding. In two days we already have a
> > meeting to talk about it.
> >
> > Anyone interested in the founding, you are welcome to sign up at
> > https://be.wikimedia.org/wiki/Founding/Interested_people
> >
> > Romaine

> > > Congrats to all who were involved in this success :D
> > >

> > > --
> > > *Nasir Khan Saikat*
> > > www.nasirkhn.com
> > >

> > > On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Carlos M. Colina <
> > [hidden email]>

> > > resolved
> > resolution

> related
> > activities,
> decision
> > > was

> > the
> > > between
> the
> > > WMF

> affiliates!

> > wayuukanairua
> > junain."

> Ad Huikeshoven
>
> Bestuurslid / Board member Wikimedia Nederland
> Internationaal / International Affairs
> Educatieprogramma / Education Program
>
> tel.    (+31) (0)70 3608510
> mob. (+31) (0)6 40293574
>
> Steun vrije kennis! Kijk op wikimedia.nl
> <http://www.wikimedia.nl/pagina/doneren-aan-wikimedia-nederland>
> *Postadres*:                                                 *
> Bezoekadres:*
> Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
> 3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht
>
> ABNAMRO NL33 ABNA 0497164833 - Kamer van Koophandel 17189036

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Quim Gil-2
Congratulations!

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014, Romaine Wiki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks all!

Looking forward to seeing WMBE coordinating an European effort to have the
best Wikimedia participation at http://fosdem.org ever.

(Tech-minded wikimedians, take note: Brussels, 31 January & 1 February 2015)

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Tanweer Morshed
Congratulations to Wikimedia Belgium!

Tanweer Morshed
Wikimedia Bangladesh

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Quim Gil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!
>
> On Tuesday, September 2, 2014, Romaine Wiki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks all!
>

> Looking forward to seeing WMBE coordinating an European effort to have the
> best Wikimedia participation at http://fosdem.org ever.
>
> (Tech-minded wikimedians, take note: Brussels, 31 January & 1 February
> 2015)
>

> --
> Quim Gil
> Engineering Community Manager @ Wikimedia Foundation
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil

Regards -
Tanweer Morshed

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Ralgis
El Tue, 02 Sep 2014 20:46:45 +0300
"Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> escribió:
> Dear all,
>
> It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF
> resolved to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter.
> The resolution was made public a few days ago.
>
> [...]

Many congratulations!  Keep going forward, Belgium.

--
Allan J. Aguilar
B387 F3B1 0F2C F46B 36AD  FAFF 7BC3 594D F7C0 E1A3

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Josh Lim
On behalf of Wikimedia Philippines, allow me to express my deepest congratulations to Wikimedia Belgium for securing their affiliation!  We look forward to you guys doing a lot of good for the movement, and to explore areas of cooperation between our two chapters. :)

Regards,

Josh

Wiadomość napisana przez Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> w dniu 3 wrz 2014, o godz. 01:46:

> Dear all,
>
> It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF resolved [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The resolution was made public a few days ago.
>
> The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related to freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium & Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other activities, the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when, the decision was taken to start officially the chapter creation process.
>
> This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those the change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year. Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction between all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent to the WMF regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)
>
> Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!
>
> Regards,
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium
>
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

[hidden email] | +63 (917) 601-8631
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://about.me/josh.lim

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Chapters] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Balázs Viczián
Congrats from Wikimedia Hungary!

Balázs
2014.09.02. 19:46, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> ezt írta:

>  Dear all,
>
> It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF resolved
> [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The resolution
> was made public a few days ago.
>
> The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter
> started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related to
> freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium &
> Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other activities,
> the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when, the decision was
> taken to start officially the chapter creation process.
>
> This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those the
> change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year.
> Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction between
> all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent to the WMF
> regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)
>
> Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!
>
> Regards,
> Carlos
>

> 1:
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium
>
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Chapters] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Tonmoy Khan
Congratulations to Wikimedia Belgium and everyone involved.

Ali Haidar Khan
FDC Member
Treasurer, Wikimedia Bangladesh
On Sep 6, 2014 11:28 AM, "Balázs Viczián" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congrats from Wikimedia Hungary!
>
> Balázs
> 2014.09.02. 19:46, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]> ezt írta:
>
> >  Dear all,
> >
> > It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF
> resolved
> > [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The resolution
> > was made public a few days ago.
> >
> > The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter
> > started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related
> > freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium &
> > Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other activities,
> > the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when, the decision
> was
> > taken to start officially the chapter creation process.
> >
> > This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those the
> > change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year.
> > Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction
> between
> > all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent to the
> WMF
> > regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)
> >
> > Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Carlos
> >

> > 1:
> >
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium
> >
> > --
> > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> > Carlos M. Colina
> > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > Twitter: @maor_x

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter by the WMF Board

Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
Congratulations to Wikimedia Belgium!

User: Nhasive | @nhasive
Sysop, Bengali Wikipedia
Member, IEG, WMF
On Saturday, September 6, 2014, Tonmoy Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to Wikimedia Belgium and everyone involved.
>
> Ali Haidar Khan
> FDC Member
> Treasurer, Wikimedia Bangladesh
> On Sep 6, 2014 11:28 AM, "Balázs Viczián" <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > Congrats from Wikimedia Hungary!
> >
> > Balázs
> > 2014.09.02. 19:46, "Carlos M. Colina" <[hidden email]
> <javascript:;>> ezt írta:
> >
> > >  Dear all,
> > >
> > > It is an honour for me to announce that during Wikimania, the WMF
> > resolved
> > > [1] to recognise Wikimedia Belgium as a Wikimedia chapter. The
> resolution
> > > was made public a few days ago.
> > >
> > > The first discussions towards the establishment of a Belgian chapter
> > > started many years ago, with the local community doing projects related
> > > freedom of knowledge since then, like organisation of WLM Belgium &
> > > Luxembourg in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Along with these and other
> activities,
> > > the idea of a chapter grew and evolved to the moment when, the decision
> > was
> > > taken to start officially the chapter creation process.
> > >
> > > This process took longer than usual, due to many reasons, among those
> the
> > > change in the chapter approval process by the WMF Board last year.
> > > Nevertheless, after months of intensive discussion and interaction
> > between
> > > all parties involved, a recommendation from the AffCom was sent to the
> > WMF
> > > regarding Wikimedia Belgium. And here we are :-)
> > >
> > > Please welcome the newest member of the family of Wikimedia affiliates!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Carlos
> > >

> > > 1:
> > >

> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Belgium
> > >
> > > --
> > > "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee
> wayuukanairua
> > > junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya
> junain."
> > > Carlos M. Colina
> > > Vicepresidente, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 |
> > > www.wikimedia.org.ve <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> > > Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> > > Phone: +972-52-4869915
> > > Twitter: @maor_x

Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive
Sent from My iPhone