[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research

Carlos M. Colina
Dear all,

The Affiliations Commitee has approved the recognition[1] of the
Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research as a
Wikimedia User Group. The focus[2] of this new group is the integration
of the Brazilian and Lusophone academic community into the Wikimedia
movement, thus supporting the development of new projects, research,
contests, events and other activities.

Please, join us in welcoming the newest member of the family!

Parabéns e tudo de bom!

Carlos

1:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research_-_Liaison_approval,_April_2015
2:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research/User_Group_Proposal

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research

Leigh Thelmadatter
Welcome!  Im definitely interested in what you all are doing!

> Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 06:28:49 -0500
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research
>
> Dear all,
>
> The Affiliations Commitee has approved the recognition[1] of the
> Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research as a
> Wikimedia User Group. The focus[2] of this new group is the integration
> of the Brazilian and Lusophone academic community into the Wikimedia
> movement, thus supporting the development of new projects, research,
> contests, events and other activities.
>
> Please, join us in welcoming the newest member of the family!
>
> Parabéns e tudo de bom!
>
> Carlos
>
> 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research_-_Liaison_approval,_April_2015
> 2:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research/User_Group_Proposal

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research

Samir Elsharbaty
Congratulations, guys!

I'm really happy to see a new user group focusing on Education!

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Leigh Thelmadatter <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Welcome!  Im definitely interested in what you all are doing!
>
> > Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 06:28:49 -0500
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian
> Group of Education and Research
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > The Affiliations Commitee has approved the recognition[1] of the
> > Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research as a
> > Wikimedia User Group. The focus[2] of this new group is the integration
> > of the Brazilian and Lusophone academic community into the Wikimedia
> > movement, thus supporting the development of new projects, research,
> > contests, events and other activities.
> >
> > Please, join us in welcoming the newest member of the family!
> >
> > Parabéns e tudo de bom!
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > 1:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research_-_Liaison_approval,_April_2015
> > 2:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research/User_Group_Proposal

Samir Elsharbaty,
Communications Intern, Wikipedia Education Program
Wikimedia Foundation
+2.011.200.696.77
[hidden email]
education.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research

Santiago Navarro
Parabéns / Congratulations

El 2015-04-12 13:28, [hidden email] escribió:

> Dear all,
>
> The Affiliations Commitee has approved the recognition[1] of the
> Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research as a
> Wikimedia User Group. The focus[2] of this new group is the
> integration of the Brazilian and Lusophone academic community into
> the
> Wikimedia movement, thus supporting the development of new projects,
> research, contests, events and other activities.
>
> Please, join us in welcoming the newest member of the family!
>
> Parabéns e tudo de bom!
>
> Carlos
>
> 1:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research_-_Liaison_approval,_April_2015
> 2:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research/User_Group_Proposal

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research

Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
How that happened?

This group presented objectives based on Education and Research, but all
"actives" showed  was not even close to the educational scope.

   - Activities:
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research#Projects_and_Activities>:
   Wiki Loves Earth, not academic, Campus Party Brasil, not even close to be
   academic, edit-a-thon outside the academic world... "Book chapter regarding
   Wikipedia Education Program in Brasil" = work made trough the WMF Catalyst
   Programme, not a WUG activity = scheming to seem more important than it
   is...

AffCom recently renewal another WUG group here in Brazil that do not do any
activities, and uses chapters tools, and do not give us any criteria used
to explain the renewal, you will give the whys here?

And the creator of this group do not even have the trusty from the ones who
adopted him when he arrived at the Wikimedia Movement in Brazil:

"I really do not understand what is happening to this group and what's on your
minds. Helped sling it and defend it and then I was shooed away
without any defined
process or transparency" [1] the group that he is talking is the first WUG
created here in Brazil, the dorm one mentioned above, that using the WMF
Brazil Programme + AffCom closed the WMBR initiative (hooray!). And some of
them clearly showed to be oppose to that:[2]

AffCom acts very strange when the topic is Brazil, the WMBR proposal, after
years do not received any justification to why they want so bad to avoid
[3], they force a creation of a new group to assume the leadership in
Brazil, and now are approving another chapter initiative with headers that
not even the guys that the AffCom put against WMBR to create the WUG-BR,
trust...

[1]
https://br.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:%C3%81gora#Adequa.C3.A7.C3.A3o_do_wiki

[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Brazilian_Group_of_Education_and_Research/User_Group_Proposal#Oppose

[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Brasil/AffCom#A_message_from_the_Affiliations_Committee

On 13 April 2015 at 14:36, Santi Navarro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Parabéns / Congratulations
>

> El 2015-04-12 13:28, [hidden email] escribió:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> The Affiliations Commitee has approved the recognition[1] of the
>> Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research as a
>> Wikimedia User Group. The focus[2] of this new group is the
>> integration of the Brazilian and Lusophone academic community into the
>> Wikimedia movement, thus supporting the development of new projects,
>> research, contests, events and other activities.
>>
>> Please, join us in welcoming the newest member of the family!
>>
>> Parabéns e tudo de bom!
>>
>> Carlos
>>
>> 1:
>>
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
>> Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Brazilian_Group_of_
>> Education_and_Research_-_Liaison_approval,_April_2015
>> 2:
>>
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Brazilian_
>> Group_of_Education_and_Research/User_Group_Proposal

Rodrigo Tetsuo Argenton
[hidden email]
+55 11 979 718 884

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research

Rodrigo Padula-2
Oh my god!!

A guy that was blocked in many Wikimedia projects due to bad behavior come
here to talk about "trust" sounds funny.

One of the reasons I have focused on work with some teachers and serious
people to create a new proposal of a user group was just that, keep them away
from these fallacies and old discussions regarding the creation of a chapter
.

All these problems and deconstructive arguments keeps people away from the
Wikimedia movement in Brazil.

With this new proposal and the new group recently approved, I intend to work in
another direction, focused more on projects and results than trash talking.

The recognition of AffCom and WMF is only the first step. You surely will
receive frequent reports of our activities and results over the next months.

Thanks to all members of the AffCom, Iberocoop and other chapters by the
support and knowledge shared during the last year, that culminated with
that recognized proposal.

During the next months/years we will try to keep in touch to learn from
your experiences and activities.

Best regards to everyone.

Rodrigo Padula