[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Carlos M. Colina
Dear all,

The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia
Community Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty
busy doing activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and
are interested in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual
knowledge, especially in Ireland.

Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)

Carlos

1:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_December2014
2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland
--
"*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Andy Mabbett-2
On 9 December 2014 at 21:39, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia Community
> Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty busy doing
> activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and are interested in
> the growth and distribution of open and multilingual knowledge, especially
> in Ireland.

Excellent; happy to help in any way I can, and to meet some of the
group when Ivisit Dublin in the coming year.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Federico Leva (Nemo)
Sweet.

Carlos M. Colina, 09/12/2014 22:39:

> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland

Which mentions Gaeilge, but not the geography. Is Northern Ireland
included, or is geography irrelevant for the group? :)

Nemo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Addis Wang
Congratulations!

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia Community
> Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty busy doing
> activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and are interested
> in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual knowledge,
> especially in Ireland.
>
> Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)
>
> Carlos
>

> 1: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_
> December2014
> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland
> --
> "*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
> junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."
> Carlos M. Colina
> Socio, A.C. Wikimedia Venezuela | RIF J-40129321-2 | www.wikimedia.org.ve
> <http://wikimedia.org.ve>
> Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Affiliations Committee
> Phone: +972-52-4869915
> Twitter: @maor_x

Addis

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Santiago Navarro
Congratulations to Irish wikimedians and welcome on board. Regards from
Spain.

El 2014-12-09 22:39, Carlos M. Colina escribió:

> Dear all,
>
> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia
> Community Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty
> busy doing activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and
> are interested in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual
> knowledge, especially in Ireland.
>
> Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)
>
> Carlos
>

> 1:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_December2014
> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland

--
Santiago Navarro Sanz
Wikimedia España

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Asaf Bartov-2
Congratulations!  We at WMF look forward to assisting you in any
programmatic work you are planning.

   A.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Santi Navarro <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations to Irish wikimedians and welcome on board. Regards from
> Spain.
>
> El 2014-12-09 22:39, Carlos M. Colina escribió:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia
>> Community Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty
>> busy doing activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and
>> are interested in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual
>> knowledge, especially in Ireland.
>>
>> Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)
>>
>> Carlos
>>

>> 1:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
>> Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_
>> December2014
>> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland
>>

> --
> Santiago Navarro Sanz
> Wikimedia España
> http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Emily Blanchard
*Éirinn go Brách*

*and Thank You!*

Emily Blanchard
Talent Acquisition Team
Wikimedia Foundation
eblanchard@wikimedia. <[hidden email]>org
Follow us on Twitter @wikimediaatwork
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home
Become a Contributor:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Teahouse
Join Us: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Work_with_us
Developers Join the Fun: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Communication

*Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share inthe
sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!*

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Asaf Bartov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations!  We at WMF look forward to assisting you in any
> programmatic work you are planning.
>
>    A.
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Santi Navarro <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congratulations to Irish wikimedians and welcome on board. Regards from
> > Spain.
> >
> > El 2014-12-09 22:39, Carlos M. Colina escribió:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> The Affiliations Committe has recently recognized [1] Wikimedia
> >> Community Ireland [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been pretty
> >> busy doing activities (and participated in WLM) in the green Erin and
> >> are interested in the growth and distribution of open and multilingual
> >> knowledge, especially in Ireland.
> >>
> >> Let's give them a warm welcome! Fáilte! :-)
> >>
> >> Carlos
> >>

> >> 1:
> >> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> >> Resolutions/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland_User_Group_-_Liaison_approval,_
> >> December2014
> >> 2: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_Ireland
> >>

> > --
> > Santiago Navarro Sanz
> > Wikimedia España
> > http://www.wikimedia.org.es/

>     Asaf Bartov
>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>

> https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Ralgis

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Congratulation!

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Allan Aguilar <[hidden email]> wrote:

*Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive | নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী হাছিব*

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia
<http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:nhasive>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Member | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operation Committee
<http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>

fb.com/nhasive | @nhasive <http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive
| www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Michael Maggs
Congratulations from your friends at WMUK!

Michael

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community Ireland as a Wikimedia User Group

Tanweer Morshed
Congratulations to Wikimedia Community Ireland!

Regards,
Tanweer
Wikimedia Bangladesh

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Michael Maggs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations from your friends at WMUK!
>
> Michael

Regards -
Tanweer Morshed