[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Albania

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Albania

Kirill Lokshin
Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
[1] Wikimedia Community User Group Albania [2] as a Wikimedia User Group.
The group aims to improve content about Albania across the Wikimedia
projects, including Commons and Wikidata, and to collaborate with other
Wikimedia user groups, chapters, and other free culture groups in Albania
and across the region.

Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Recognition_Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Albania
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Albania

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Albania

Philip Kopetzky
Hi Kirill,

what's the difference/relationship between this group and the Wikimedians
of Albanian Language User Group, which is currently applying for a
simpleAPG grant? How do we avoid creating more Brazilian scenarios by
reconising even more user groups from the same area?

Best,
Philip

On 22 May 2018 at 22:07, Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
> [1] Wikimedia Community User Group Albania [2] as a Wikimedia User Group.
> The group aims to improve content about Albania across the Wikimedia
> projects, including Commons and Wikidata, and to collaborate with other
> Wikimedia user groups, chapters, and other free culture groups in Albania
> and across the region.
>
> Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!
>
> Regards,
> Kirill Lokshin
> Chair, Affiliations Committee
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Recognition_Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Albania
> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Albania

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Albania

Mardetanha-2
​ Hi Kirill

  Philip's concerns were not answered, would you please respond, I had the
very same question.

Mardetanha

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Philip Kopetzky <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Kirill,
>
> what's the difference/relationship between this group and the Wikimedians
> of Albanian Language User Group, which is currently applying for a
> simpleAPG grant? How do we avoid creating more Brazilian scenarios by
> reconising even more user groups from the same area?
>
> Best,
> Philip
>
> On 22 May 2018 at 22:07, Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
> > [1] Wikimedia Community User Group Albania [2] as a Wikimedia User Group.
> > The group aims to improve content about Albania across the Wikimedia
> > projects, including Commons and Wikidata, and to collaborate with other
> > Wikimedia user groups, chapters, and other free culture groups in Albania
> > and across the region.
> >
> > Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kirill Lokshin
> > Chair, Affiliations Committee
> >
> > [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> > Resolutions/Recognition_Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Albania
> > [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_
> Group_Albania

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Affiliates] Recognition of Wikimedia Community User Group Albania

Paulo Santos Perneta
Hi Kirill,

I join Philip and Mardetanha on their concerns and questions. Having
followed closely the Brazil situation - which ended up in the worst
possible way, IMO - I'm very interested in your answer.

Best,

Paulo