[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of the Wikitongues User Group

[Wikimedia-l] Recognition of the Wikitongues User Group

Kirill Lokshin
Hi everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
[1] the Wikitongues User Group [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. The group is
working to promote and preserve linguistic diversity worldwide, and aims to
increase the scope of language content across the Wikimedia projects and to
expand their overall linguistic diversity.

Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!

Regards,
Kirill Lokshin
Chair, Affiliations Committee

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
Resolutions/Recognition_Wikitongues_User_Group
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikitongues

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of the Wikitongues User Group

Rupika Sharma
Congratulations! This is indeed a big achievement and would go long way to
take forward the movement for linguistic diversity!

Best Wishes
Rupika Sharma
Co-Founder
Punjabi Wikimedians

On Fri, May 11, 2018, 10:09 PM Kirill Lokshin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm very happy to announce that the Affiliations Committee has recognized
> [1] the Wikitongues User Group [2] as a Wikimedia User Group. The group is
> working to promote and preserve linguistic diversity worldwide, and aims to
> increase the scope of language content across the Wikimedia projects and to
> expand their overall linguistic diversity.
>
> Please join me in congratulating the members of this new user group!
>
> Regards,
> Kirill Lokshin
> Chair, Affiliations Committee
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/
> Resolutions/Recognition_Wikitongues_User_Group
> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikitongues

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Recognition of the Wikitongues User Group

Jean-Philippe Béland
Hello,

Does this mean that Wikitongues will work to change it's licence to be
compatible with Wikimedia projects? Because now their content is under CC
BY-SA-NC which is incompatible with Wikimedia projects. Will the future
videos produced by Wikitongues be under CC BY-SA? I assume that if projects
are financed by a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation that we will make
sure that the content is produced under a compatible licence.

Thank you,

JP Béland
Coordinator and Founder, Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages
User Group