[Wikimedia-l] Renewal of the Recognition to Wikisource Community User Group

[Wikimedia-l] Renewal of the Recognition to Wikisource Community User Group

Carlos M. Colina
Dear all,

On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I am honoured to announce the
renewal of the recognition of Wikisource Community User Group as a
Wikimedia User Group. They have been working hard this past year and it
is the Affiliations Committee's opinion that they meet the criteria for
having their user group status renewed indefinitely, starting the date
of publication of the resolution.

Congratulations!!!

1:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Renewals/Wikisource_Community_User_Group_-_June_2015
--
"*Jülüjain wane mmakat* ein kapülain tü alijunakalirua jee wayuukanairua
junain ekerolaa alümüin supüshuwayale etijaanaka. Ayatashi waya junain."

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Renewal of the Recognition to Wikisource Community User Group

James Alexander-4

> On Jun 21, 2015, at 00:52, Carlos M. Colina <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> On behalf of the Affiliations Committee, I am honoured to announce the renewal of the recognition of Wikisource Community User Group as a Wikimedia User Group. They have been working hard this past year and it is the Affiliations Committee's opinion that they meet the criteria for having their user group status renewed indefinitely, starting the date of publication of the resolution.
>
> Congratulations!!!

Congrats! I absolutely love wikisource both as a reader and (more and more) as an editor. I'm excited to see the user group continuing to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone

James Alexander
Legal and Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation
+1 415-839-6885 x6716

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Renewal of the Recognition to Wikisource Community User Group

Andrea Zanni-2
Yes!

Thank you Carlos and all the AffCom for the renewal.
It's a good moment for Wikisource (as an international project), and we are
already preparing a survey for the whole community, to get feedbacks and
opinions for future projects.
We are trying really hard to coordinate and build a committed,
international community.
Also, we are setting up and international conference in Austria, this fall.

We hope that our efforts will be enough to build a strong and working
collaboration with Chapters and the Wikimedia Foundation: unfortunately,
Wikisource projects are really in need of serious development (especially
in terms of software).
The fun part is that cheap, low-hanging fruits are still to be achieved.
My favourite example is that the Wikisource Proofreading contest produces
every year thousands of proofread and validated pages, in just one week,
with little organization needed (and almost no budget). [3]

If you are interested in anything Wikisource-related, please join the
mailing list [1].
Here some stats about the global project [2].

Thanks again!

Aubrey

[2] http://tools.wmflabs.org/phetools/statistics.php
[3] Look at the spikes at the end of 2013 and 2014:
http://tools.wmflabs.org/phetools/graphs/Wikisource_-_validated_pages_per_day.png