[Wikimedia-l] Report concerning appeal (FDC round 2)

[Wikimedia-l] Report concerning appeal (FDC round 2)

Susana Morais
Hello,

For all of you who are interested, I posted on Meta a report concerning an
appeal regarding the round 2 of the Funds Dissemination Committee:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Appeals_regarding_FDC_process/2012-2013_round2#Retrospective_disqualification_of_WMCZ_and_WMHK

Best,

--
Susana Morais
Wikimedia Portugal

Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre
acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a
fazer.

Participe também: http://www.wikimedia.
<http://www.wikimedia.pt/>pt<http://www.wikimedia.pt/>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Report concerning appeal (FDC round 2)

Federico Leva (Nemo)
I'm gonna cry.

I'm glad to see that the board finds this report useful... as for me, I
finally read the grant's pages and found them a perfect recipe for
disaster: especially the talk page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:WM_HK/Education_Toolkits_For_Liberal_Studies/Report>.
A poem could be written on the dynamics on display there. Maybe someone
will write one at some point.

Nemo

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Report concerning appeal (FDC round 2)

Craig Franklin
Thanks Susana for so quickly documenting this matter, and thanks Jan-Bart
and Patricio for referring this quickly to the Ombudsperson so that it
could be investigated and dealt with quickly rather than being allowed to
fester.

I think that the recommendations that Susana have made are sensible and not
onerous to implement, and I urge the FDC to accept and implement these
recommendations as quickly as possible.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin

2013/5/15 Susana Morais <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> For all of you who are interested, I posted on Meta a report concerning an
> appeal regarding the round 2 of the Funds Dissemination Committee:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Appeals_regarding_FDC_process/2012-2013_round2#Retrospective_disqualification_of_WMCZ_and_WMHK
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Susana Morais
> Wikimedia Portugal
> http://www.wikimedia.pt
>
> Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre
> acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a
> fazer.
>
> Participe também: http://www.wikimedia.
> <http://www.wikimedia.pt/>pt<http://www.wikimedia.pt/>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Report concerning appeal (FDC round 2)

metasj
On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM, Craig Franklin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think that the recommendations that Susana have made are sensible and not
> onerous to implement, and I urge the FDC to accept and implement these
> recommendations as quickly as possible.

I want to echo Craig's thanks.  This was a most helpful summary.
I hope to see these recommendations are implemented by the FDC before
the next  round's letters of intent are due.

Regards,
SJ

>> Hello,
>>
>> For all of you who are interested, I posted on Meta a report concerning an
>> appeal regarding the round 2 of the Funds Dissemination Committee:
>>
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Appeals_regarding_FDC_process/2012-2013_round2#Retrospective_disqualification_of_WMCZ_and_WMHK
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> --
>> Susana Morais
>> Wikimedia Portugal
>> http://www.wikimedia.pt
>>
>> Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre
>> acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a
>> fazer.
>>
>> Participe também: http://www.wikimedia.
>> <http://www.wikimedia.pt/>pt<http://www.wikimedia.pt/>

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Report concerning appeal (FDC round 2)

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
Agreed.

dj ("pundit")