[Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

[Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Gregory Varnum-2
Greetings,

The certified results of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
election are now available on Meta-Wiki:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Results

Congratulations to Dariusz Jemielniak (User:pundit), James Heilman
(User:Doc James), and Denny Vrandečić (User:Denny), for receiving the most
community support. They will join the Wikimedia Foundation as Trustees,
after they are appointed by the Board at their July meeting at Wikimania.

These results have been certified by the committee, the Wikimedia
Foundation's legal department, and the Board of Trustees.

There were 5512 votes cast, with 5167 of those being valid. The 345-vote
difference comes from recast ballots, where eligible voters recast ballots
to change their votes, and struck votes, of which there were 4.

Additional information is available on the Wikimedia Blog:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/06/05/board-election-results

More statistics on the elections, a post mortem from the committee, and a
blog post on the process behind the elections will be published  in the
coming days. In the meantime, we would appreciate your input—what went well
for you in this election?  What could we do better next time?  These
reports are crucial to helping future elections be even more successful,
and we hope that you will offer your feedback and ideas:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem

The committee thanks everyone that participated in this year’s election for
helping make it one of the most diverse and representative in the
movement’s history.

Sincerely,
– 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
Adrian, Anders Wennersten, Daniel, Gregory Varnum, Katie Chan, Mardetanha,
Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Milos Rancic-2
That's quite a surprise! I am really happy to see the substantial changes!
Congratulations!
 On Jun 6, 2015 01:14, "Gregory Varnum" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The certified results of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> election are now available on Meta-Wiki:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Results
>
> Congratulations to Dariusz Jemielniak (User:pundit), James Heilman
> (User:Doc James), and Denny Vrandečić (User:Denny), for receiving the most
> community support. They will join the Wikimedia Foundation as Trustees,
> after they are appointed by the Board at their July meeting at Wikimania.
>
> These results have been certified by the committee, the Wikimedia
> Foundation's legal department, and the Board of Trustees.
>
> There were 5512 votes cast, with 5167 of those being valid. The 345-vote
> difference comes from recast ballots, where eligible voters recast ballots
> to change their votes, and struck votes, of which there were 4.
>
> Additional information is available on the Wikimedia Blog:
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/06/05/board-election-results
>
> More statistics on the elections, a post mortem from the committee, and a
> blog post on the process behind the elections will be published  in the
> coming days. In the meantime, we would appreciate your input—what went well
> for you in this election?  What could we do better next time?  These
> reports are crucial to helping future elections be even more successful,
> and we hope that you will offer your feedback and ideas:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem
>
> The committee thanks everyone that participated in this year’s election for
> helping make it one of the most diverse and representative in the
> movement’s history.
>
> Sincerely,
> – 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
> Adrian, Anders Wennersten, Daniel, Gregory Varnum, Katie Chan, Mardetanha,
> Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Jan-Bart de Vreede-3
Hi Everyone

Thank you to the Election Committee for all the hard work in both these and the FDC elections! It is amazing to see how many votes were cast this year, which is great. And voters came from a much larger spread of projects than before. As we can see from the results every vote really can make a difference. I would like to give a special thanks to all the affiliates who facilitated discussion within their community’s and encouraged people to vote.

Congratulations to Dariusz, James and Denny on being elected to the Wikimedia Board of Trustees! Their formal appointment will take place at Wikimania. When that time comes we will also thank Maria, Phoebe and SJ properly for all the hard work over the past years :)

Apart from thanking all those who voted I would like to do a final thank you to everyone who ran in these elections. It is an incredible amount of work to run in these elections (especaily with all the questions that have to be answered, often not in a native language). You are a great pool of volunteers and hopefully you are able to help in other places within the movement. As discussed with some of you we are looking at a way to keep the candidates involved and somehow benefit from your expertise in the future :)

Jan-Bart de Vreede
Chair
Board of Trustees
Wikimedia Foundation

> On 06 Jun 2015, at 01:14, Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> The certified results of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> election are now available on Meta-Wiki:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Results
>
> Congratulations to Dariusz Jemielniak (User:pundit), James Heilman
> (User:Doc James), and Denny Vrandečić (User:Denny), for receiving the most
> community support. They will join the Wikimedia Foundation as Trustees,
> after they are appointed by the Board at their July meeting at Wikimania.
>
> These results have been certified by the committee, the Wikimedia
> Foundation's legal department, and the Board of Trustees.
>
> There were 5512 votes cast, with 5167 of those being valid. The 345-vote
> difference comes from recast ballots, where eligible voters recast ballots
> to change their votes, and struck votes, of which there were 4.
>
> Additional information is available on the Wikimedia Blog:
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/06/05/board-election-results
>
> More statistics on the elections, a post mortem from the committee, and a
> blog post on the process behind the elections will be published  in the
> coming days. In the meantime, we would appreciate your input—what went well
> for you in this election?  What could we do better next time?  These
> reports are crucial to helping future elections be even more successful,
> and we hope that you will offer your feedback and ideas:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem
>
> The committee thanks everyone that participated in this year’s election for
> helping make it one of the most diverse and representative in the
> movement’s history.
>
> Sincerely,
> – 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
> Adrian, Anders Wennersten, Daniel, Gregory Varnum, Katie Chan, Mardetanha,
> Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Sam Klein
Thank you, Greg.  Kudos to the committee on a well-run election process,
particularly in encouraging participation.
And warm congratulations to Dariusz, Denny, and James!  I know you will be
excellent in this role.

SJ

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Milos Rancic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's quite a surprise! I am really happy to see the substantial changes!
> Congratulations!
>  On Jun 6, 2015 01:14, "Gregory Varnum" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > The certified results of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> > election are now available on Meta-Wiki:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Results
> >
> > Congratulations to Dariusz Jemielniak (User:pundit), James Heilman
> > (User:Doc James), and Denny Vrandečić (User:Denny), for receiving the
> most
> > community support. They will join the Wikimedia Foundation as Trustees,
> > after they are appointed by the Board at their July meeting at Wikimania.
> >
> > These results have been certified by the committee, the Wikimedia
> > Foundation's legal department, and the Board of Trustees.
> >
> > There were 5512 votes cast, with 5167 of those being valid. The 345-vote
> > difference comes from recast ballots, where eligible voters recast
> ballots
> > to change their votes, and struck votes, of which there were 4.
> >
> > Additional information is available on the Wikimedia Blog:
> > http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/06/05/board-election-results
> >
> > More statistics on the elections, a post mortem from the committee, and a
> > blog post on the process behind the elections will be published  in the
> > coming days. In the meantime, we would appreciate your input—what went
> well
> > for you in this election?  What could we do better next time?  These
> > reports are crucial to helping future elections be even more successful,
> > and we hope that you will offer your feedback and ideas:
> >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem
> >
> > The committee thanks everyone that participated in this year’s election
> for
> > helping make it one of the most diverse and representative in the
> > movement’s history.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > – 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
> > Adrian, Anders Wennersten, Daniel, Gregory Varnum, Katie Chan,
> Mardetanha,
> > Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel

Samuel Klein          @metasj          w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

jmh649
Many thanks to all those who gave me their vote of confidence. I look
forwards to starting in July in an official capacity and hope to see
as many of you as possible at Wikimania.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Lila Tretikov
Dariusz, Denny and James --

Congratulations and welcome! It is exciting to see your special knowledge
brought to our board. I am looking forward to seeing you all in July!

Phoebe, Maria and SJ --

Thank you for your tireless work, depth of knowledge and amazing
dedication. I know we will continue to work together beyond the board work.

Lila

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 5:03 PM, James Heilman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many thanks to all those who gave me their vote of confidence. I look
> forwards to starting in July in an official capacity and hope to see
> as many of you as possible at Wikimania.
>
> --
> James Heilman
> MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
>
> The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
> www.opentextbookofmedicine.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Johan Jönsson
Congratulations, Dariusz, James and Denny!

And thanks, of course, to María, Phoebe and SJ for the time they've served
on behalf of the community, as well as to all the other candidates, who
were prepared to serve, and to the elections committee.

//Johan Jönsson

> Greetings,
>
> The certified results of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> election are now available on Meta-Wiki:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Results
>
> Congratulations to Dariusz Jemielniak (User:pundit), James Heilman
> (User:Doc James), and Denny Vrandečić (User:Denny), for receiving the most
> community support. They will join the Wikimedia Foundation as Trustees,
> after they are appointed by the Board at their July meeting at Wikimania.
>
> These results have been certified by the committee, the Wikimedia
> Foundation's legal department, and the Board of Trustees.
>
> There were 5512 votes cast, with 5167 of those being valid. The 345-vote
> difference comes from recast ballots, where eligible voters recast ballots
> to change their votes, and struck votes, of which there were 4.
>
> Additional information is available on the Wikimedia Blog:
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/06/05/board-election-results
>
> More statistics on the elections, a post mortem from the committee, and a
> blog post on the process behind the elections will be published  in the
> coming days. In the meantime, we would appreciate your input—what went well
> for you in this election?  What could we do better next time?  These
> reports are crucial to helping future elections be even more successful,
> and we hope that you will offer your feedback and ideas:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem
>
> The committee thanks everyone that participated in this year’s election for
> helping make it one of the most diverse and representative in the
> movement’s history.
>
> Sincerely,
> – 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
> Adrian, Anders Wennersten, Daniel, Gregory Varnum, Katie Chan, Mardetanha,
> Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

David Cuenca Tudela
Congratulations to the winners!
However I must say that the results of this election are hilarious. The
person with the most support votes doesn't win because of oppose votes :D

El sáb., 6 de jun. de 2015 3:22, Johan Jönsson <[hidden email]>
escribió:

> Congratulations, Dariusz, James and Denny!
>
> And thanks, of course, to María, Phoebe and SJ for the time they've served
> on behalf of the community, as well as to all the other candidates, who
> were prepared to serve, and to the elections committee.
>
> //Johan Jönsson

> > Greetings,
> >
> > The certified results of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> > election are now available on Meta-Wiki:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Results
> >
> > Congratulations to Dariusz Jemielniak (User:pundit), James Heilman
> > (User:Doc James), and Denny Vrandečić (User:Denny), for receiving the
> most
> > community support. They will join the Wikimedia Foundation as Trustees,
> > after they are appointed by the Board at their July meeting at Wikimania.
> >
> > These results have been certified by the committee, the Wikimedia
> > Foundation's legal department, and the Board of Trustees.
> >
> > There were 5512 votes cast, with 5167 of those being valid. The 345-vote
> > difference comes from recast ballots, where eligible voters recast
> ballots
> > to change their votes, and struck votes, of which there were 4.
> >
> > Additional information is available on the Wikimedia Blog:
> > http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/06/05/board-election-results
> >
> > More statistics on the elections, a post mortem from the committee, and a
> > blog post on the process behind the elections will be published  in the
> > coming days. In the meantime, we would appreciate your input—what went
> well
> > for you in this election?  What could we do better next time?  These
> > reports are crucial to helping future elections be even more successful,
> > and we hope that you will offer your feedback and ideas:
> >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem
> >
> > The committee thanks everyone that participated in this year’s election
> for
> > helping make it one of the most diverse and representative in the
> > movement’s history.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > – 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
> > Adrian, Anders Wennersten, Daniel, Gregory Varnum, Katie Chan,
> Mardetanha,
> > Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Dariusz Jemielniak-3
many thanks! I extend my warm congratulations to Denny and James, and would
like to sincerely thank SJ, Maria, and Phoebe, and hope to be able to draw
on their tremendous experience and knowledge.

best,

dj

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 1:14 AM, Gregory Varnum <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The certified results of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> election are now available on Meta-Wiki:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Results
>
> Congratulations to Dariusz Jemielniak (User:pundit), James Heilman
> (User:Doc James), and Denny Vrandečić (User:Denny), for receiving the most
> community support. They will join the Wikimedia Foundation as Trustees,
> after they are appointed by the Board at their July meeting at Wikimania.
>
> These results have been certified by the committee, the Wikimedia
> Foundation's legal department, and the Board of Trustees.
>
> There were 5512 votes cast, with 5167 of those being valid. The 345-vote
> difference comes from recast ballots, where eligible voters recast ballots
> to change their votes, and struck votes, of which there were 4.
>
> Additional information is available on the Wikimedia Blog:
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/06/05/board-election-results
>
> More statistics on the elections, a post mortem from the committee, and a
> blog post on the process behind the elections will be published  in the
> coming days. In the meantime, we would appreciate your input—what went well
> for you in this election?  What could we do better next time?  These
> reports are crucial to helping future elections be even more successful,
> and we hope that you will offer your feedback and ideas:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem
>
> The committee thanks everyone that participated in this year’s election for
> helping make it one of the most diverse and representative in the
> movement’s history.
>
> Sincerely,
> – 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
> Adrian, Anders Wennersten, Daniel, Gregory Varnum, Katie Chan, Mardetanha,
> Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel

__________________________
prof. dr hab. Dariusz Jemielniak
i centrum badawczego CROW
Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
http://www.crow.alk.edu.pl

członek Akademii Młodych Uczonych Polskiej Akademii Nauk
członek Komitetu Polityki Naukowej MNiSW

Wyszła pierwsza na świecie etnografia Wikipedii "Common Knowledge? An
Ethnography of Wikipedia" (2014, Stanford University Press) mojego
autorstwa http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=24010

Recenzje
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard:
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/books-and-culture/killed-wikipedia-93777/
Motherboard: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/an-ethnography-of-wikipedia
The Wikipedian:
http://thewikipedian.net/2014/10/10/dariusz-jemielniak-common-knowledge

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Anders Wennersten-2

David Cuenca Tudela skrev den 2015-06-06 09:01:
> However I must say that the results of this election are hilarious. The
> person with the most support votes doesn't win because of oppose votes :D

Why hilarious? We had a full consensus in the election Committee to go
for S/N/O voting, it is a kind of standard procedure in the Wikimedia world.

For the algorithm (S/(S+O)) it has been used several times, but for me
it was new and I initiated a deeper look into it.

I looked into the alternative (S-O) which in this case would have made a
difference between Raystorm and Denny. But I also found that the
algorithm (S-O)/(S+O)  actually gives the same result as the one we
used. So in the end I believe the algortihm used makes very good sense.

As with everything it could of course be debated, and any comment on
this would be welcome in

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Post_mortem

Anders

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Chris Keating-2
Congratulations to the new Board members - I am sure you will do a great
job. And commiserations to those who will be leaving the Board - thank you
for all your hard work over many years.

Also it is good to see a much higher turnout in this year's elections than
in 2013 - well done to those involved :)

On the subject of voting systems, though...

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Anders Wennersten <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> David Cuenca Tudela skrev den 2015-06-06 09:01:
>
>> However I must say that the results of this election are hilarious. The
>> person with the most support votes doesn't win because of oppose votes :D
>>
>>  Why hilarious? We had a full consensus in the election Committee to go
> for S/N/O voting, it is a kind of standard procedure in the Wikimedia world.

Many people looked at voting systems before the Wikimedia movement existed
and virtually none of them settled on the system we ended up with. Perhaps
this should tell us something!

To my mind the key problems with the present system are:
1) Oppose votes have greater weight than support votes. In this case, Maria
would have needed 136 additional support votes to win, or 46 fewer oppose
votes. In effect an Oppose vote was worth 2.96 times as much as a support
vote for her. As a result, being non-opposed is much more important than
being supported. The penalty for doing anything controversial is
significant.

2) There is nothing in the process to produce any diversity in the result.
Say that there was a 2/3 to 1/3 split in the electorate on some important
issue. The right answer would surely be that you elect 2 people with one
view and 1 with the other. However, in this voting system you would likely
end up electing 3 people from the majority point of view. Because the
Wikimedia movement is much more complex than this it is difficult to
conclude that there was any particular issue like this that would have
affected the result, but still, the point applies. The voting system builds
in homogeneity not diversity.

Regards,

Chris

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Gregory Varnum-2
I have a lot of personal opinions on the method, questions process, etc.
Many of them will be shared in the committee's post mortem (others I will
be discarding as I now process the last several weeks).

Also, we are beginning to post some statistics that folks may find helpful:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Stats

We will be posting more on the blog next week about what all goes into
running the elections, and I am open to feedback on what additional
information we can share that would be helpful to the community. Our group
made an early commitment to transparency, and I hope that has come across
in our posting of major meeting minutes, posting of these stats, open
dialogue on Meta and email, a post mortem from the committee, and the
upcoming blog post.

Finally, I want to give a big thank you to my colleagues on the Elections
Committee. I was, by the nature of my tasks, a bit more visible - but
please know that everyone worked very hard, did a great job, and deserves
equal gratitude. Thank you Adrian, Anders, Daniel, Katie, Mardetanha,
Ruslan, Savh, and Trijnstel - as well as Risker, James, Alice, Philippe,
Geoff, Stephen, Sylvia, Heather, Tim, and a few others I'm sure I'm
forgetting.

-greg (User:Varnent)

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 6:19 AM, Chris Keating <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Congratulations to the new Board members - I am sure you will do a great
> job. And commiserations to those who will be leaving the Board - thank you
> for all your hard work over many years.
>
> Also it is good to see a much higher turnout in this year's elections than
> in 2013 - well done to those involved :)
>
> On the subject of voting systems, though...
>
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Anders Wennersten <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> > David Cuenca Tudela skrev den 2015-06-06 09:01:
> >
> >> However I must say that the results of this election are hilarious. The
> >> person with the most support votes doesn't win because of oppose votes
> :D
> >>
> >>  Why hilarious? We had a full consensus in the election Committee to go
> > for S/N/O voting, it is a kind of standard procedure in the Wikimedia
> world.
> >

> Many people looked at voting systems before the Wikimedia movement existed
> and virtually none of them settled on the system we ended up with. Perhaps
> this should tell us something!
>
> To my mind the key problems with the present system are:
> 1) Oppose votes have greater weight than support votes. In this case, Maria
> would have needed 136 additional support votes to win, or 46 fewer oppose
> votes. In effect an Oppose vote was worth 2.96 times as much as a support
> vote for her. As a result, being non-opposed is much more important than
> being supported. The penalty for doing anything controversial is
> significant.
>
> 2) There is nothing in the process to produce any diversity in the result.
> Say that there was a 2/3 to 1/3 split in the electorate on some important
> issue. The right answer would surely be that you elect 2 people with one
> view and 1 with the other. However, in this voting system you would likely
> end up electing 3 people from the majority point of view. Because the
> Wikimedia movement is much more complex than this it is difficult to
> conclude that there was any particular issue like this that would have
> affected the result, but still, the point applies. The voting system builds
> in homogeneity not diversity.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Ilario Valdelli

On 06.06.2015 12:19, Chris Keating wrote:

> 2) There is nothing in the process to produce any diversity in the result.
> Say that there was a 2/3 to 1/3 split in the electorate on some important
> issue. The right answer would surely be that you elect 2 people with one
> view and 1 with the other. However, in this voting system you would likely
> end up electing 3 people from the majority point of view. Because the
> Wikimedia movement is much more complex than this it is difficult to
> conclude that there was any particular issue like this that would have
> affected the result, but still, the point applies. The voting system builds
> in homogeneity not diversity.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

My congratulations too.

I know some of the elected board members and they can do a good job.

My approach is always the same: everyone has a good potential, the best
is to give him (I would say also her) the opportunity and the time to
realize it.

Anyway I agree a lot in the point 2 of Chris but not as a criticism but
mainly as measure of the efficacy of the current governance. This
morning I had the idea to write the same opinion, Chris gave me the
opportunity to agree.

Even if we would push a lot the diversity, the effective realization is
at the moment only a project and may be "a long time strategy", but can
be effective only if it is associated with a "short time strategy" more
realistic because the biggest "stakeholder" of Wikimedia remains at the
moment represented by an homogeneity of type of users. This is a real
point to evaluate.

When someone starts to write a strategy, the very first point is to
identify the stakeholders. In this case this election identifies clearly
who are the main ones.

I agree with Chris that this model of voting is an expression of the
community but in a democracy also the minorities should have the
possibility to be represented and, most important, should have the
possibility to bring the precious contribution called "different point
of view".

I hope that the same FDC will considerate it while evaluation annual
programs, strategies and projects of the applicants. There is a short
time strategy and a long time strategy and the objectives may not be the
same in order to don't be "out of the context" (there is an elected
board member who has been also president of the FDC, I think that he
will surely agree).

Regards

--
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

Nurunnaby Hasive-3
Congratulations Dariusz, Denny and James..

-Hasive
Wikimedia Bangladesh

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Ilario Valdelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> possibility to be represented and, most important, should have the
> possibility to bring the precious contribution called "different point of
> view".
>
> I hope that the same FDC will considerate it while evaluation annual
> programs, strategies and projects of the applicants. There is a short time
> strategy and a long time strategy and the objectives may not be the same in
> order to don't be "out of the context" (there is an elected board member
> who has been also president of the FDC, I think that he will surely agree).
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Ilario Valdelli
> Wikimedia CH
> Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> Association pour l’avancement des connaissances libre
> Associazione per il sostegno alla conoscenza libera

*Hasive **Chowdhury** :: **নুরুন্নবী চৌধুরী **হাছিব*
Global User: Hasive <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hasive>

Administrator | Bengali Wikipedia <http://bn.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Hasive>
Member | GAC Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/Grant_Advisory_Committee>
Member | IEG Committee, Wikimedia Foundation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/People>
Director | Wikimedia Bangladesh Operations Committee
<http://www.wikimedia.org.bd>
​fb.com/Hasive <http://fb.com/itsNCH> | @nhasive
<http://www.twitter.com/nhasive> | Skype: nhasive | www.nhasive.com

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Results of 2015 WMF Board elections

David Parreño Mont - Comunicació
Congratulations to the winners!

David Parreño Mont

El ds., 6 juny 2015 a les 1:14, Gregory Varnum (<[hidden email]>)
va escriure: